Should the poor be required to pay taxes to the IRS?

Texas has the third most regressive tax structure in America.

Lets see now..no income tax,no tax on vehicle value and a 8% sales tax.
A pack of smokes is around five bucks verses ten bucks in yankee land.
You're going to have to provide some proof of your claim.
Here you go, the whole thing is very interesting.

Who Pays 5th Edition The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy ITEP

That doesn't say shit about the actual tax rates.
And how is it that the poor pay more in taxes when there's no income tax?
Your link is bullshit.
Sorry for posting something that requires reading, the Dr. Seuss version is sadly not available. Those rankings are fully explained in exhaustive detail if you had bothered to read further.

Your partisan shit has nothing to do with tax rates.
I live in Texas and I know damn well our tax rates are far lower than most.
And you still havent explained how a state with no income tax makes the poor pay a higher share.
Since you apparently can't read, they take all the taxes and fees paid to the state by various income levels and compute the percentage of income paid. Nothing partisan about it. It's as dry and statistical as it gets.

Your link is bullshit.
Sorry for posting something that requires reading, the Dr. Seuss version is sadly not available. Those rankings are fully explained in exhaustive detail if you had bothered to read further.

And you still havent explained how a state with no income tax makes the poor pay a higher share.
I can help there. Two guys stop for beer. They both buy the same two dollar can. One guy makes $1,000 a year, and the other $10,000. If the tax on the beer was 25%, meaning 50 cents, what percentage of their income did each pay in taxes on said beer?

And I should care that some dipshit only makes a $1000 bucks a year?
Not my problem.

Your link is bullshit.

Since you apparently can't read, they take all the taxes and fees paid to the state by various income levels and compute the percentage of income paid. Nothing partisan about it. It's as dry and statistical as it gets.

You keep saying the poor pay more when in fact they dont.
You are comparing percentage of income,not tax rates.

Your link is bullshit.

I can help there. Two guys stop for beer. They both buy the same two dollar can. One guy makes $1,000 a year, and the other $10,000. If the tax on the beer was 25%, meaning 50 cents, what percentage of their income did each pay in taxes on said beer?

Not my problem.
I gather then that you don't want to understand taxation in America? So be it.

Your link is bullshit.

Not my problem.
Now I get it, you have no grasp of mathematics and statistics.

Your link is bullshit.

That's only because that's how the math is done by economists, but you aren't interested in that so far.

Your link is bullshit.

Not my problem.

Then refuse to pay your taxes and see how that works out for you.

To pay an income tax one first needs an income. In a progressive income tax system such as ours, you also need a certain level of income.

Why? Why shouldn't EVERY member of society be paying their share; especially those who get the most out of the system?

Your link is bullshit.

Yes of course I am because that is the part that matters to the individual.

Your link is bullshit.

Not my problem.
I gather then that you don't want to understand taxation in America? So be it.

Oh I understand it just fine.
I've paid taxes at min wage levels up to close to mid six figures levels.
There is no spin a whiney liberal can put on the numbers that I've paid over the years.

Your link is bullshit.

Not my problem.

No,I have zero use for liberal math.

To pay an income tax one first needs an income. In a progressive income tax system such as ours, you also need a certain level of income.

Why? Why shouldn't EVERY member of society be paying their share; especially those who get the most out of the system?
The people who got the most out of the system are those who became very wealthy so they should naturally pay more.

Your link is bullshit.

That's only because that's how the math is done by economists, but you aren't interested in that so far.

No,thats liberal spin math.

Not my problem.

What, pray tell. Is "liberal math"? That may end up being the silliest comment of the year unless you somehow top yourself.

The people who got the most out of the system are those who became very wealthy so they should naturally pay more.

And they already do.
Even if it's a flat tax,10% of a million is a bigger number than 10% of fifty thousand.
Seems fair to me.

Without getting it all back via carve outs & loop holes? Should they pay their fair share?

Good question, Gramps, and well timed. I was shocked to hear a number of Repub candidates casually mention "flat tax" and was equally shocked by the acceptance it seemed to garner (think: Steve Forbes). It could work, even with the immediate elimination of all deductibles (perhaps phasing out the mortgage interest deduction) if we use a standard deduction of $30,000 - $50,000 for all taxpayers. That is, no one pays on the first $30,000 - $50,000 after which all earned income would be taxed at the same rate with perhaps a slightly higher rate for all earned income above $500,000. Imagine an America where all could do their tax return in 15 minutes (or less). Where accountants and tax attorneys and IRS bean-counters would be unnecessary. Where hours and dollars now spent compiling info to be fed to accountants could be better used feeding dollars to hot strippers.
I don't know about you but I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.

Not my problem.

What, pray tell. Is "liberal math"? That may end up being the silliest comment of the year unless you somehow top yourself.

Your not even addressing the point.
The rich pay more in taxes...period.
For you to claim the poor pay more based on percentage of income is beside the point and has no bearing on the discussion.

No,thats liberal spin math.
No, it's regular math that explains progressive versus regressive taxes.

Forum List

Back