Should the poor be required to pay taxes to the IRS?

The people who got the most out of the system are those who became very wealthy so they should naturally pay more.

And they already do.
Even if it's a flat tax,10% of a million is a bigger number than 10% of fifty thousand.
Seems fair to me.
10% of $20,000 is bigger that any of it if you are the one making $20,000. Once taxation starts cutting into what it costs to live in the crappiest apartment, eat the cheapest food, drive the oldest car, and keep the lights on is when taxation hurts the worst.

Not my problem. You want more money work harder,and rest easy knowing that when you do you wont be paying for the guy that replaced you at your old job.
The working poor are working harder and getting less than at any point prior to WWII. If the system worked, a rise in productivity would equal a rise in median wages but those two indexes have not followed each other since the 60s. The working class is overburdened and overworked as it is.

Oh well,maybe you should think about that when you vote.
It just amazes me when I drive around Houston and see millions of people getting along just fine.
Every post you continue to show your ignorance of poverty in America. Perhaps if you had some empathy you could at least see desperation on a few faces as you sped by.

Not only should they have to pay a minimum tax but a person should never get a refund for more than they contributed in taxes.

10% of $20,000 is bigger that any of it if you are the one making $20,000. Once taxation starts cutting into what it costs to live in the crappiest apartment, eat the cheapest food, drive the oldest car, and keep the lights on is when taxation hurts the worst.

Not my problem. You want more money work harder,and rest easy knowing that when you do you wont be paying for the guy that replaced you at your old job.
The working poor are working harder and getting less than at any point prior to WWII. If the system worked, a rise in productivity would equal a rise in median wages but those two indexes have not followed each other since the 60s. The working class is overburdened and overworked as it is.

It just amazes me when I drive around Houston and see millions of people getting along just fine.
People are doing OK in Houston? Oh good, then everyone is doing OK, thank goodness.. And you can tell how their lives are just by driving through you say? Fascinating.

Maybe you should look at the reason why Einstein.
Pretty sure my point is you could not possibly know how millions are doing by driving your truck past them.

And they already do.
Even if it's a flat tax,10% of a million is a bigger number than 10% of fifty thousand.
Seems fair to me.

Every post you continue to show your ignorance of poverty in America. Perhaps if you had some empathy you could at least see desperation on a few faces as you sped by.

Poverty in America? I've never seen so many fat impoverished people in my life.
And again..I have no sympathy for idiots who vote for their own demise.

And they already do.
Seems fair to me.

I've seen it many times. They are gathered around a barrel fire, drinking out of their paper bags, laughing like all hell (probably at me because I'm working) and all fat as cows. Of course that's not a problem for them with free medical care in case their lack of exercise and bad eating and drinking habits lead them down the wrong road.

Nobody has the wealthiest poor in their country than the USA.

People are doing OK in Houston? Oh good, then everyone is doing OK, thank goodness.. And you can tell how their lives are just by driving through you say? Fascinating.

Pretty sure my point is you could not possibly know how millions are doing by driving your truck past them.

You can drive for eighty miles and see nothing but homes,so who's living in these homes? It sure ain't the poor.
Now if you're referring to inner city ghettos and barrios,I dont give a rats ass about those people because the vast majority of them are democrats...fuck em they're your problem,you created them.

If you can't see it it is because you refuse to see. I can only point but you have to do the looking. There are fat poor people because they eat a lot of cheap crappy bulk carbs instead of real food.

A new analysis of Congressional Research Service data by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee shows that the amount spent on federal means-tested welfare programs, if converted to cash payments and divided among households below the poverty line, would equal a daily income greater than the median household income in 2011.

The cash value of welfare spending, according to the analysis, is $167.65 daily per household in poverty. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054 or $137.13 per day, according to the analysis, released Friday.

When broken down into an hourly wage, welfare spending would be enough for $30.60 an hour for 40 hour weeks for each household in poverty. The median household hourly wage is $25.03, which drops to between $21.50 and $23.45 after federal taxes, depending on deductions and filing status, the minority side of the committee showed. The wage is further reduced with local and state taxes. Benefits from government assistance programs, they note, are not taxed federally.

Read more: Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income The Daily Caller

If you can't see it it is because you refuse to see. I can only point but you have to do the looking. There are fat poor people because they eat a lot of cheap crappy bulk carbs instead of real food.

How many times do I have to tell you I dont give a rats ass about poor democrats?

A new analysis of Congressional Research Service data by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee shows that the amount spent on federal means-tested welfare programs, if converted to cash payments and divided among households below the poverty line, would equal a daily income greater than the median household income in 2011.

The cash value of welfare spending, according to the analysis, is $167.65 daily per household in poverty. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054 or $137.13 per day, according to the analysis, released Friday.

When broken down into an hourly wage, welfare spending would be enough for $30.60 an hour for 40 hour weeks for each household in poverty. The median household hourly wage is $25.03, which drops to between $21.50 and $23.45 after federal taxes, depending on deductions and filing status, the minority side of the committee showed. The wage is further reduced with local and state taxes. Benefits from government assistance programs, they note, are not taxed federally.

Read more: Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income The Daily Caller
The problem is, that's someone getting the top out of all programs available, and no one does. Welfare is peanuts here.

You can drive for eighty miles and see nothing but homes,so who's living in these homes? It sure ain't the poor.
Now if you're referring to inner city ghettos and barrios,I dont give a rats ass about those people because the vast majority of them are democrats...fuck em they're your problem,you created them.
Because I'm disagreeing with you I must be a Democrat? And the poor people can just die because they're maybe Democrats. Let me tell a secret, most poor don't vote because they feel no one cares about them. They don't watch the debates or go to the booths they just try to live in their tedium. While people like you say "fuck em, they're Democrats". People like you help perpetuate poverty with statements like that. Will texas just cecede already? I thought you guys had that big plan.

How many times do I have to tell you I dont give a rats ass about poor democrats?
How about poor GOPers?

Highly regressive but there is a case to be made for it. Namely, the fuck you I pay the same rate as you do.

How do you see equal treatment under the law as regressive? They have the same citizenship i do and they should be expected to meey the same duties and responsibilities that I have; including paying taxes.

So a low income family receives Medicaid, or an Obamacare subsidy, and maybe they get food stamps, and maybe they get some other assistance,

and you want to raise their taxes?

WTF kind of idiocy is that? You're effectively making them pay for their entitlements.

Why don't you just take their entitlements away?

Get your GOP candidates to run on ending programs like Medicaid and food stamps, etc.

I would love to taje every single penny of entitlements, aid and such from every person, corporation and government we support and return that money to the tax payers in lower tax rates.

How many times do I have to shove your ignorance back in your face?

Highly regressive but there is a case to be made for it. Namely, the fuck you I pay the same rate as you do.

How do you see equal treatment under the law as regressive? They have the same citizenship i do and they should be expected to meey the same duties and responsibilities that I have; including paying taxes.
Flat taxes are actually unequal but that's hard for people to understand if they won't do the math...

So a low income family receives Medicaid, or an Obamacare subsidy, and maybe they get food stamps, and maybe they get some other assistance,

and you want to raise their taxes?

WTF kind of idiocy is that? You're effectively making them pay for their entitlements.

Why don't you just take their entitlements away?

Get your GOP candidates to run on ending programs like Medicaid and food stamps, etc.

I would love to taje every single penny of entitlements, aid and such from every person, corporation and government we support and return that money to the tax payers in lower tax rates.
main-qimg-1bea9d49050e1ab2c6a644c5872eee1a

Don't take that as gospel of course, but it's probably not far off.

Flat taxes are actually unequal but that's hard for people to understand if they won't do the math...

If they want the same Rights I have they damn well need to be contributing an equal percentage to me. Very simple. Now if you want to grant me more Rights or taje some of theirs away, then we can talk. Outside that nothing you say will mean anything to me.

Forum List

Back