Should the poor be required to pay taxes to the IRS?

Without getting it all back via carve outs & loop holes? Should they pay their fair share?
EVERYONE should pay taxes, every single U.S. citizen, no exceptions. But, everyone should pay at the same tax rate. If the tax rate is 15% of income, then everyone should pay 15%.
If you think the working poor could afford that you are dreaming. States are already squeezing them for all they are worth.
Do the poor use the fire department, police, streets, roads, bridges, highways, and interstates? Do the poor use libraries, schools, food stamps, and other government assistance programs? Do the poor every visit state parks, museums, and other public places? Are the poor protected by our soldiers?
They use all those things and fund them heavily through state income taxes, excise taxes, sin taxes, fuel taxes and fees. It seems the redder the state the more this burden is placed on working people. You people who bitch about progressive federal taxes never even acknowledge the regressive state and local tax burden.

What a load of horseshit.
Texas has some of the lowest taxes in the country. Try again.
Texas has the third most regressive tax structure in America.

Lack of opportunity is not a personal failing, it is the failure of an economic system.

There's plenty of opportunity. It just requires you to go get ut rather than having it gift wrapped and dropped in your lap. It is not the job of this Government to better the lives of those unwilling to do anything to help themselves.
Are you some kind of cloistered monk? You sound like you have no idea what life is like at street level.

Maybe if you stopped living on the street
Lack of opportunity is not a personal failing, it is the failure of an economic system.

There's plenty of opportunity. It just requires you to go get ut rather than having it gift wrapped and dropped in your lap. It is not the job of this Government to better the lives of those unwilling to do anything to help themselves.
Are you some kind of cloistered monk? You sound like you have no idea what life is like at street level.

Life must be so hard for you....

EVERYONE should pay taxes, every single U.S. citizen, no exceptions. But, everyone should pay at the same tax rate. If the tax rate is 15% of income, then everyone should pay 15%.
If you think the working poor could afford that you are dreaming. States are already squeezing them for all they are worth.
Do the poor use the fire department, police, streets, roads, bridges, highways, and interstates? Do the poor use libraries, schools, food stamps, and other government assistance programs? Do the poor every visit state parks, museums, and other public places? Are the poor protected by our soldiers?
They use all those things and fund them heavily through state income taxes, excise taxes, sin taxes, fuel taxes and fees. It seems the redder the state the more this burden is placed on working people. You people who bitch about progressive federal taxes never even acknowledge the regressive state and local tax burden.

Lets see now..no income tax,no tax on vehicle value and a 8% sales tax.
A pack of smokes is around five bucks verses ten bucks in yankee land.
You're going to have to provide some proof of your claim.

I'm doing fine, but unlike you I realize just how quickly one can fall to rock bottom in this country though no fault of their own and how hard it is to climb back. If you think it's simply a matter of applying yourself then you have never had to live through it.

Here you go, the whole thing is very interesting.

Who Pays 5th Edition The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy ITEP

I'm doing fine, but unlike you I realize just how quickly one can fall to rock bottom in this country though no fault of their own and how hard it is to climb back. If you think it's simply a matter of applying yourself then you have never had to live through it.

I've been poor so the sympathy ploy wont fly with me.

That doesn't say shit about the actual tax rates.
And how is it that the poor pay more in taxes when there's no income tax?
Your link is bullshit.

Not asking for sympathy from someone who has none, that would be futile. From a purely economic standpoint a lack of opportunity is a serious structural flaw in an economy and cannot be ignored forever.

In the title. Can you read?

Nothing in the title refers to the amount subject to taxation.
It refers to the poor & taxes. Period. Take your wage agenda to the appropriate thread or create one of your own. This thread is about the tax system.

Derp along now
The flat earnings and the rising expenses of the working poor is very topical to the discussion of how much they should be taxed.
No it is not
How about I talk about it anyway thread nazi? What you going to do?
Put you on ignore if you continue. I'll be happy to put you with the rest of the dumbfucks who never address the topic

Your link is bullshit.
Sorry for posting something that requires reading, the Dr. Seuss version is sadly not available. Those rankings are fully explained in exhaustive detail if you had bothered to read further.

Nothing in the title refers to the amount subject to taxation.
It refers to the poor & taxes. Period. Take your wage agenda to the appropriate thread or create one of your own. This thread is about the tax system.

Derp along now
The flat earnings and the rising expenses of the working poor is very topical to the discussion of how much they should be taxed.
No it is not
Put you on ignore if you continue. I'll be happy to put you with the rest of the dumbfucks who never address the topic

Lighten up grandpappy. Ignore lists are for people who can't defend their statements.

Not asking for sympathy from someone who has none, that would be futile. From a purely economic standpoint a lack of opportunity is a serious structural flaw in an economy and cannot be ignored forever.

Maybe if we closed the border and deported all the fucken illegals you'd have a better chance at finding gainful employment.
Personally I dont give a rats ass about poor democrats,progressives or any other form of liberal,they brought this shit on themselves and can starve to death for all I care.

Derp along now
No it is not

Lighten up grandpappy. Ignore lists are for people who can't defend their statements.
There is nothing to defend dumbass. The op posses a question. You have failed to answer that question and instead have chosen to discuss things not contained in the op.

Your link is bullshit.
Sorry for posting something that requires reading, the Dr. Seuss version is sadly not available. Those rankings are fully explained in exhaustive detail if you had bothered to read further.

Your partisan shit has nothing to do with tax rates.
I live in Texas and I know damn well our tax rates are far lower than most.
And you still havent explained how a state with no income tax makes the poor pay a higher share.

Should the poor be required to pay taxes to the IRS?

To pay an income tax one first needs an income. In a progressive income tax system such as ours, you also need a certain level of income.

Maybe if we closed the border and deported all the fucken illegals you'd have a better chance at finding gainful employment.
Personally I dont give a rats ass about poor democrats,progressives or any other form of liberal,they brought this shit on themselves and can starve to death for all I care.
Lots of poor "conservatives" out there too some of the poorest wretches this country has to offer, or do you think only successful people are republicans?

Lots of poor "conservatives" out there too some of the poorest wretches this country has to offer, or do you think only successful people are republicans?

Oh I feel bad for the conservatives that suffer under democrat policies.
The dipshits that voted for these policies can drop dead.

Your link is bullshit.

Your partisan shit has nothing to do with tax rates.
I live in Texas and I know damn well our tax rates are far lower than most.
And you still havent explained how a state with no income tax makes the poor pay a higher share.
I can help there. Two guys stop for beer. They both buy the same two dollar can. One guy makes $10 a day, and the other $100. If the tax on the beer was 25%, meaning 50 cents, what percentage of their income did each pay in taxes on said beer?

Forum List

Back