🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should the republican party move towards a Rockeffeller Republican type party?

"The true Conservative candidates are crucified by the Liberal Media because they are feared."

The "true Conservative" runners will lose is the legitimate concern by the mainstream GOP.

if they did, i would likely join the party again and i think the party numbers would surge.

what do you guys think?

Why does the Republican Party need to change? Arguably, they are already Rockefeller type. They run the likes of McCain, Romney and coming up, Christie, who measure themselves and success by how well they are or can be "liked" by the mainstream media. The dumbshit Republican establishment take the bait every election. They have a primary and they let liberal media define among the primary who is a Republican candidate they can get behind. Then, when the candidate is selected, he/she is smeared and tarred as racist who is going to take away abortion rights. Christie is the next sacrificial lamb ready to be served up.

You don’t understand.

It’s not whom the candidate ends up to be, but the process that candidates must endure in conjunction with the damaging effects of social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, and the extreme fiscal right, having nothing to do with 'the media.'

For example, Romney felt the need to pander to the extreme right during the republican primaries, which put him on record making hateful, ignorant, and incorrect policy statements which although may have comported with rightist dogma, was correctly perceived by the general voting public as indeed hateful, ignorant, and incorrect. This in conjunction with ‘legitimate rape’ and pregnancy from rape being ‘god’s will,’ Romney and the GOP were rejected by independents and weak democrats, the very voters a republican presidential candidate needs to win the General Election.

So again, it’s not who the republican nominee is, or what 'the media' does, rather it’s how the GOP is perceived as a whole by the general voting public.

Too many Conservatives are still blindly following the old guard GOP and they are not representative of the future of Conservatism.

Split the ticket and no GOP candidate will get enough votes to beat Hillary.

If the ‘future’ of conservatism is the likes of Sharron Angle and Todd Akin, then whomever the democrats run in 2016 will have nothing to worry about.

It isn't.

Only time will tell.

But the GOP’s current crop of nitwits, such as Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, would indicate the future of conservatism is continued partisan extremism and ignorance.

if they did, i would likely join the party again and i think the party numbers would surge.

what do you guys think?

You mean FakeSmarmy's party? Hell no! Progressive Republicans are almost all dead and burried. I rather enjoy it that way.

Your comment is irrelevant because the far right candidates in 2014 and 2016 will be primaried out.

We in the mainstream GOP will not tolerate the far right nonsense, not since Boehner opened the vote for up and down.

The candidate in 2016 will be a Christie, Bush, or Rubio (perhaps) type. Nothing like a Santorum or any of that silly crew will be even considered for even veep much less pres.

Rubio doesn't have a prayer, and won't run if he has half a brain. He's an empty suit with not one political accomplishment in his career other than getting elected. That's not a slam, just a fact.

It will be between Christie and Scott Walker, unless Jeb runs, too. Fortunately, the country is a little smarter than to elect another Bush. I say that with confidence, but over-estimating American smarts has proven me wrong before, so . . .

A dream that you clearly hold dear to your heart.

You're delusional. The fringers can't even win the nomination, never mind the general election.

Sorry to break it to you pal, but the country isn't ultra-conservative. You are a sliver of the minority.

The true Conservative candidates are crucified by the Liberal Media because they are feared. They then champion the moderate/Progressive republican candidate UNTIL they win the nomination Then they build a new cross.

Yes, we are all familiar with the wingnut tactic of victimization. :eusa_boohoo:

All the media does is play Republicans saying dumb shit. Stop saying dumb shit, and doing things that offend Americans. Unless you're claiming that Lawrence O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg, and Michael Moore, etc. have immense power to brainwash dumb Americans into hating Republican policies. :lol:

"The true Conservative candidates are crucified by the Liberal Media because they are feared."

The "true Conservative" runners will lose is the legitimate concern by the mainstream GOP.
They had their chance in 2012 to nominate a "True Conservative".

What they ended up voting for was "Severely Conservative".

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

I see Mr Jones is already telling the GOP who they should pick as their Nominee.

Sorry. We listened the last two cycles.
Why would you listen to someone else tell you who to vote for?

Sheep.

Not you or me. The people that get their news in a 60 second moment before the sports spot rolls in. :lol:

Bi partisan moment here.

You take apart a 30 minute news cycle (and by the way I used to do promo for a living so yes I know I'm right)

You get the headlines and watch what happens in 30 minutes.

Guys guys guys we're weird people here. We do politics 24/7. We'd kill Chris Matthews on a talkathon. :lol:

I see Mr Jones is already telling the GOP who they should pick as their Nominee.

Sorry. We listened the last two cycles.

Sheep.

Not you or me. The people that get their news in a 60 second moment before the sports spot rolls in. :lol:

Bi partisan moment here.

You take apart a 30 minute news cycle (and by the way I used to do promo for a living so yes I know I'm right)

I am always asking people for examples of news being slanted Liberal. Nobody ever takes me up on it. You're welcome to be the first.

But it has to be news, not commentary or 'discussion'. Just like I can't point to Hannity to prove FOXNEWS slants their news, you can't point to Ed Schultz.

Now, I can definitely prove that FOXNEWS slants it's news stories - can you do the same with, say, The New York Times? MSNBC? WaPo? I'd like to see.

Sheep.

Bi partisan moment here.

I am always asking people for examples of news being slanted Liberal. Nobody ever takes me up on it. You're welcome to be the first.

But it has to be news, not commentary or 'discussion'. Just like I can't point to Hannity to prove FOXNEWS slants their news, you can't point to Ed Schultz.

Now, I can definitely prove that FOXNEWS slants it's news stories - can you do the same with, say, The New York Times? MSNBC? WaPo? I'd like to see.

Perfect example would be CNN, MSNBC,ABC, CBS, NBC, New York Times WaPo all reported on the Democrats side that Republicans shut the government down, when in fact it was the Democrats who shut it down because they refused to negotiate with the Republicans on delaying the implementation the new ACA.
If the Democrats would have done negotiations on it, they could have had 3 or more months to work on the health care web site.

Nope, the TeaPs forced Boehner into a position of weakness that the Dems did not have to assault.

They simply waited until the GOP collapsed.

And that's what the polls show. Only what the citizens think matters, not the TeaPs.

Nope, the TeaPs forced Boehner into a position of weakness that the Dems did not have to assault.

And that's what the polls show. Only what the citizens think matters, not the TeaPs.

Had the main stream news reported it correctly, the citizens would have been better informed.
You know that the liberal Dems in the 70's did the exact same thing when they wanted their policies.

You are talking about the repeal of the ACA.
I'm talking about the Repubs wanting to delay the ACA for a year.
That is what shut the government down because the Dems refused to negotiate.
Dem's would be looking much better right now if they had delayed the bill for even 3 months to get that web site working.

Too many Conservatives are still blindly following the old guard GOP and they are not representative of the future of Conservatism.

Split the ticket and no GOP candidate will get enough votes to beat Hillary.
Keep following the old guard and we can't be too much worse off with Hillary.

Okay.

I'm a Cruz admirer and I'm open to suggestions for V.P.

Let's try to reach a consensus so that when the Primaries campaigning begins we won't waste any more $$ and time and effort and possibly votes on notions that are not conducive to ousting the DemocRATS from the White House.

Today, 11:17 AM
Remove user from ignore listJakeStarkey
This message is hidden because JakeStarkey is on your ignore list.

:)

Forum List

Back