Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Weird, so if a owner of rental property has unexpected costs, as the poster implied, they can just up the rental priice? lol

Dumbass

NO STATE/FED GAS TAX FUNDS THE ROADS INFRASTRUCTURE EVEN 75%, HINT NOT ENOUGH REVENUES FROM THEM!

Every rational landlord either figures in some unexpected costs or will try to recoup current them in future rental rates and yeah, we are constrained by market forces (economic reality) but certainly figure our costs into our pricing. You are just an obtuse bitch but given your loony left POV on everything, I can see why. You're gonna give yourself that stroke.

Good YOU agree the other poster was full of shit when he said he increased rents when his costs increased.

LIKE ALL LANDLORDS, THERE IS A MARKET YOU WORK UNDER, REGARDLESS OF YOUR ACTUAL COSTS!

Every biz has both costs and market forces affecting the price for their product. You're just an angry jackass with nothing but your hate to offer here. I can see why one such as you would put Toddster on ignore.
Those who can't stand the heat...

Yep, I agree YOU are a dumbass Bubs, AND NO OWNER OF PROPERTY CAN JUST INCREASE RENTS BECAUSE OF HIS COSTS. Get honest ONCE. Oh yeah you are to busy suckin off the plutocrats!
When the lease runs out they will... and government isn't the answer. To many of you fascists are popping up. Our schools have become the enemy

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

lol, I forgot, the rules of supply and demand end when a lease ends *shaking head*

The enemy, like ALWAYS are the conservatives, they are NEVER on the correct side of history, EVER. Fucknn pukes!

[

Nah, Gov't POLICY didn't help the rich right Bubs? lol
rich people are rich because they are smarter, more industrious and network better than the whining losers who complain about the rich. No matter what the government, there are always rich, and there are alway scalded monkeys whining about them

well if it is so little surely it would be put to better use helping to pay down our deficit.

as for leaving the country. I say BS...........but all the better for those who stay and can buy at fire-sale prices.

Record number of Americans giving up their citizenship
Feb 15th 2015 9:38AM

Americans who live overseas have been renouncing their US citizenship in record numbers over the past several years.

In 2014, nearly 3,500 people bid a permanent adieu to the states, and the year before that about 3,000 did the same.

It's believed that for many a combination of taxation and banking issues has made retaining US citizenship while living and working abroad undesirable.

Read the rest at: Record number of Americans giving up their citizenship
MORE dupes! The richest are paying 29% in ALL taxes and fees, the second quintile, 30%, the poorest 21%. You're totally full of bs propaganda. Your figure is for fed income tax only, now less than payroll tax. ZZZZ
This is what we on the right refer to as Action/ Reaction.

When you take an action on somebody or something, it's either positive or negative. For instance, we meet in person. I extend my arm to shake your hand, and you kindly do the same. I took a positive action and was met with a positive reaction.

Now the same scenario takes place but instead of trying to shake your hand, I try to shove you instead. What kind of reaction should I expect from my negative action?

So when you raise taxes, it's a negative action on the part of government. Don't expect people to just sit there and take it.

So why did people just sit there and take in years ago when tax rates were 90%? Well that's because first off, 90% was never the effective tax rate. Secondly is the fact that we didn't have the communication skills we have today. If I moved my business to China lets say back in the 70's, I would have to constantly be traveling for meetings and to take care of problems. That's not to mention that traveling today is much safer than years ago when we didn't have satellites to predict weather.

Most problems for corporations can be solved by going to GoToMeeting.com or even Skype. Businesses can e-mail plans and correspondence in private instead of needing personal meetings. Today you can conduct your financial affairs on the golf course, in the bathroom or Vietnam. No need to constantly be on the phone with your broker or real estate agent any longer.

good riddance

Really? Those leaving not only can afford to do so, they represent the class of Americans who invest (creating jobs and growth) and spend on the kind of products and services that drive our economy. What is left behind - as happens when the same class abandons our dying cities and states - is an increasingly poor America in need of financial support but incapable of providing for not only our general welfare, but even their own.

SOURCE? Didn't think so dumbass!

From the article:
"It's believed that for many a combination of taxation and banking issues has made retaining US citizenship while living and working abroad undesirable."

Those leaving are productive peeps who don't want to be part of the 51% of American earners who shoulder the entire load for everyone else, Princess.
MORE dupes! The richest are paying 29% in ALL taxes and fees, the second quintile, 30%, the poorest 21%. You're totally full of bs propaganda. Your figure is for fed income tax only, now less than payroll tax. ZZZZ

Every rational landlord either figures in some unexpected costs or will try to recoup current them in future rental rates and yeah, we are constrained by market forces (economic reality) but certainly figure our costs into our pricing. You are just an obtuse bitch but given your loony left POV on everything, I can see why. You're gonna give yourself that stroke.

Good YOU agree the other poster was full of shit when he said he increased rents when his costs increased.

LIKE ALL LANDLORDS, THERE IS A MARKET YOU WORK UNDER, REGARDLESS OF YOUR ACTUAL COSTS!

Every biz has both costs and market forces affecting the price for their product. You're just an angry jackass with nothing but your hate to offer here. I can see why one such as you would put Toddster on ignore.

Yep, I agree YOU are a dumbass Bubs, AND NO OWNER OF PROPERTY CAN JUST INCREASE RENTS BECAUSE OF HIS COSTS. Get honest ONCE. Oh yeah you are to busy suckin off the plutocrats!
When the lease runs out they will... and government isn't the answer. To many of you fascists are popping up. Our schools have become the enemy

lol, I forgot, the rules of supply and demand end when a lease ends *shaking head*

The enemy, like ALWAYS are the conservatives, they are NEVER on the correct side of history, EVER. Fucknn pukes!
Coming from you a guy who supports the party of slavery ? Lol that's rich

The racists moved over to the GOP after 1964, dumbass. You people live on planet stupid. lol

[

rich people are rich because they are smarter, more industrious and network better than the whining losers who complain about the rich. No matter what the government, there are always rich, and there are alway scalded monkeys whining about them
And mainly because Reaganists rigged the country. Jeebus what a twit...

Americans who live overseas have been renouncing their US citizenship in record numbers over the past several years.

In 2014, nearly 3,500 people bid a permanent adieu to the states, and the year before that about 3,000 did the same.

It's believed that for many a combination of taxation and banking issues has made retaining US citizenship while living and working abroad undesirable.

When you take an action on somebody or something, it's either positive or negative. For instance, we meet in person. I extend my arm to shake your hand, and you kindly do the same. I took a positive action and was met with a positive reaction.

Now the same scenario takes place but instead of trying to shake your hand, I try to shove you instead. What kind of reaction should I expect from my negative action?

So when you raise taxes, it's a negative action on the part of government. Don't expect people to just sit there and take it.

So why did people just sit there and take in years ago when tax rates were 90%? Well that's because first off, 90% was never the effective tax rate. Secondly is the fact that we didn't have the communication skills we have today. If I moved my business to China lets say back in the 70's, I would have to constantly be traveling for meetings and to take care of problems. That's not to mention that traveling today is much safer than years ago when we didn't have satellites to predict weather.

Most problems for corporations can be solved by going to GoToMeeting.com or even Skype. Businesses can e-mail plans and correspondence in private instead of needing personal meetings. Today you can conduct your financial affairs on the golf course, in the bathroom or Vietnam. No need to constantly be on the phone with your broker or real estate agent any longer.

good riddance

Really? Those leaving not only can afford to do so, they represent the class of Americans who invest (creating jobs and growth) and spend on the kind of products and services that drive our economy. What is left behind - as happens when the same class abandons our dying cities and states - is an increasingly poor America in need of financial support but incapable of providing for not only our general welfare, but even their own.

From the article:
"It's believed that for many a combination of taxation and banking issues has made retaining US citizenship while living and working abroad undesirable."

Those leaving are productive peeps who don't want to be part of the 51% of American earners who shoulder the entire load for everyone else, Princess.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y8VaqBpkx...AAvCA/i6Ic99EBV0w/s1600/120426-fair-share.gif

good riddance

From the article:

The rich do not pay the most taxes, they pay ALL the taxes
Jane Wells | @janewells
Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013 | 11:56 AM ET

Buried inside a Congressional Budget Office report this week was this nugget: when it comes to individual income taxes, the top 40 percent of wage earners in America pay 106 percent of the taxes. The bottom 40 percent...pay negative 9 percent.

You read that right. One group is paying more than 100 percent of individual income taxes, the other is paying less than zero.

It's right there in Table 3 on page 13 of the report. The numbers are based on 2010 IRS and Census Bureau figures.

(Read more: New budget deal will pass, says GOP congressman)

How does someone pay negative taxes? The CBO's formula offsets whatever taxes are paid with "refundable tax credits." Some of these are due to "government transfers" of money back to the taxpayer in the form of social security and food stamps.

That's not to say the rich are going broke. Hardly.

According to the CBO, the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans saw before-tax income grow more than 16 percent from 2009 to 2010, which isn't such a surprise since the stock market was coming off the bottom. Most of the rest of the country only saw gross incomes grow about 1 percent. When it comes to federal taxes,the top bracket paid 69 percent of the total last year. The bottom bracket paid 0.4 percent.

Top 40% paying ALL income taxes, and leaving a tip

good riddance

From the article:

Uh. Moron. The top 1% pays 29% of the taxes. The top 10% pays over 50%.

True dat and the same dynamic impacts every market. When the gov't intervenes through regulation or taxes or price/wage minimums, we all pay - even the poor - in the form of higher prices. Next time you fill up take a gander at the taxes included in a gallon of gas. In California that amounts to $.63/gal (fed & state) with some municipalities adding on a bit more. That number does not diminish as the price of gas goes down meaning the current tax is over 25% of what we pay at the pump.

Weird, so if a owner of rental property has unexpected costs, as the poster implied, they can just up the rental priice? lol

Dumbass

NO STATE/FED GAS TAX FUNDS THE ROADS INFRASTRUCTURE EVEN 75%, HINT NOT ENOUGH REVENUES FROM THEM!

Perhaps you are just used to the Democrat way. You know, keep running your industry at a loss until you lose everything. After all, that's what the Democrats are doing to our country.

Sorry Buibs, I forgot you are a right winger who doesn't like following the posts

I WANT THE TAX RATE ON THE TOP 1/10TH OF 1%^ AND ABOVE TO GO BACK TO THE RATES THEY PAID 1932-1980

50%-70% EFFECTIVE rates!

THE BUFFETT RULES A GOOD START, AS WELL AS GETTING THE GOP ON BOARD WITH OBAMA'S LOWERING THE CORP TAX FROM 35% TO 28% AND GETTING RID OF LOOPHOLES!!!

stop whining that others should pay for your existence. the rich get NOTHING extra from the government that you don't get. Stop being a parasite and a child.
Stop being a total dupe. see sig. Pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganism is wrecking the nonrich and the country, dingbat dupe. see sig

Stop being a total whiny bitch. The poor are not poor because the rich are rich, just as the rich are not rich because some of us are poor. What you have is just a nasty case of jealousy. Grow the f%$k up.

There is only one way government policy can help the rich: GTF out of the way. That's it.

good riddance

From the article:

The rich do not pay the most taxes, they pay ALL the taxes
Jane Wells | @janewells
Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013 | 11:56 AM ET

Buried inside a Congressional Budget Office report this week was this nugget: when it comes to individual income taxes, the top 40 percent of wage earners in America pay 106 percent of the taxes. The bottom 40 percent...pay negative 9 percent.

You read that right. One group is paying more than 100 percent of individual income taxes, the other is paying less than zero.

It's right there in Table 3 on page 13 of the report. The numbers are based on 2010 IRS and Census Bureau figures.

(Read more: New budget deal will pass, says GOP congressman)

How does someone pay negative taxes? The CBO's formula offsets whatever taxes are paid with "refundable tax credits." Some of these are due to "government transfers" of money back to the taxpayer in the form of social security and food stamps.

That's not to say the rich are going broke. Hardly.

According to the CBO, the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans saw before-tax income grow more than 16 percent from 2009 to 2010, which isn't such a surprise since the stock market was coming off the bottom. Most of the rest of the country only saw gross incomes grow about 1 percent. When it comes to federal taxes,the top bracket paid 69 percent of the total last year. The bottom bracket paid 0.4 percent.

Top 40% paying ALL income taxes, and leaving a tip

For the loony leftists, 100% just isn't enough.

Wha, the working poor averaging less than $15,000 PER FAMILY at the bottom half, don't pay INCOME taxes. Forget the rest of the taxes THEY DO PAY *shaking head*

Forget about the "other" taxes the poor do pay?

Yet you are the one that forgets about those very same "other" taxes that the wealthy pay on top of income tax.

Yep, the US tax code is BARELY progressive, and thos taxes the "wealthy" pay are MUCH smaller percentage of their incomes than the poor, why do you think you right wingers created the meme on INCOME taxes at the federal level about the poor getting a free ride? lol

Because the poor and even middle-class do get a free ride. They pay no actual income tax at all. How much more of a free ride do you want?

Actually, the free ride is limited to those earning less than $35,000/yr meaning the middle class - those making over $35,000 - do indeed help pull the train. I may have told you the source of my irritation with the current tax structure:
A long time friend - single mom with some college & 2 kids - works as much o-time as necessary to provide the kids with the little extras (hockey, dance) most of us want for our children. When o-time wasn't available she would take a 2nd job. She drove herself to have a life - nurturing, providing for & teaching her children, maintaining strong family & friend ties and working out daily - often at the cost of sleep.
She neither sought nor accepted gov't aid and always earned a bit more than the free-riders so that this hard-working, responsible mom annually paid at least some federal personal income tax which our gov't, in all its "wisdom and justice," used to supplement the income of those who couldn't or wouldn't match her effort.
She never expects or demands that society ("the rich") provide for her and hers ... she does what is necessary to be self-sufficient.

Weird, you'd think the "free market" would pay enough to live on AND be able to pay income taxes, why has the "free market" failed on this end the past 35 years AS Gov't policy has shifted the tax burden off the richest?

Taking on extra work to make ends meet is the free market. You are free to make as much money as you desire or need. In my younger days, I did it many times myself.

But if we taxed all the rich at 80%, how does that help the working middle-class? Would they see ten cents of that money government collected?

good riddance

From the article:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y8VaqBpkx...AAvCA/i6Ic99EBV0w/s1600/120426-fair-share.gif
AGAIN, fed income taxes, all dupes can think about lol. Payroll taxes are just as much now... state and local taxes are paid mostly by nonrich, the ridiculous fees ALL by the nonrich. Your link is STUPID.

Last edited:

Yet you are the one that forgets about those very same "other" taxes that the wealthy pay on top of income tax.

Yep, the US tax code is BARELY progressive, and thos taxes the "wealthy" pay are MUCH smaller percentage of their incomes than the poor, why do you think you right wingers created the meme on INCOME taxes at the federal level about the poor getting a free ride? lol

Because the poor and even middle-class do get a free ride. They pay no actual income tax at all. How much more of a free ride do you want?

Actually, the free ride is limited to those earning less than $35,000/yr meaning the middle class - those making over $35,000 - do indeed help pull the train. I may have told you the source of my irritation with the current tax structure:
A long time friend - single mom with some college & 2 kids - works as much o-time as necessary to provide the kids with the little extras (hockey, dance) most of us want for our children. When o-time wasn't available she would take a 2nd job. She drove herself to have a life - nurturing, providing for & teaching her children, maintaining strong family & friend ties and working out daily - often at the cost of sleep.
She neither sought nor accepted gov't aid and always earned a bit more than the free-riders so that this hard-working, responsible mom annually paid at least some federal personal income tax which our gov't, in all its "wisdom and justice," used to supplement the income of those who couldn't or wouldn't match her effort.
She never expects or demands that society ("the rich") provide for her and hers ... she does what is necessary to be self-sufficient.

Weird, you'd think the "free market" would pay enough to live on AND be able to pay income taxes, why has the "free market" failed on this end the past 35 years AS Gov't policy has shifted the tax burden off the richest?

Taking on extra work to make ends meet is the free market. You are free to make as much money as you desire or need. In my younger days, I did it many times myself.

But if we taxed all the rich at 80%, how does that help the working middle-class? Would they see ten cents of that money government collected?
Who said anything about 80%, fool? Training, education, infrastructure- all ruined by Reaganists over 30 years. See sig for worst inequality ever, dipstick. Change the gd channel, perfect chump of the greedy idiot rich GOP.

Well thanks for informing me of that. I've only been a landlord now for 25 years. It's good to learn from somebody with more experience than I have.

True I only started in 1993 Bubs, but I 'll let you know the next time I get to charge MORE RENT BECAUSE MY COSTS INCREASE??? lol

That's why many landlords have an automatic annual rental increase in their contracts. Or haven't you heard of such a thing?

When costs to operate your business go up, you have two choices: eat the loss or increase revenue to recoup those losses.

REALLY? Since WHEN can Biz just DECIDE to increase their prices BECAUSE their costs increase? Here I thoiught there was this supply/demand thing???

Because when costs go up, it generally increases on the entire industry, not just yours. So when costs go up, everybody increases their rates. There may be slight adjustments for your particular situation, but the major costs affect everybody.

Good YOU agree, YOU are full of shit that rental costs are based on your costs. Dumbass, admit you fukked up!

I didn't F up. I know how to read. What I said was that rental prices are based on several things but operational costs set the base price because everybody in that business has to pay those base prices.

From that point, each property owner must adjust their price (upwards or downwards) to make the business run. If the owner of the rental property next door is charging the same amount of rent that I am, but he has a family of five and my unit has one individual occupying the unit, he loses money when he pays his water and sewer bills. He must charge more (or take a big loss) to make the same profit as I do.

Wha, the working poor averaging less than $15,000 PER FAMILY at the bottom half, don't pay INCOME taxes. Forget the rest of the taxes THEY DO PAY *shaking head*

Yeah .. it can't possibly be that the non-contributors to our federal tax burden are just unwilling to make the effort. My friend has proven that thanks to the OPPORTUNITIES available to us ambition, pride, determination and grit can be enough to provide for ones family in America. Perhaps you hand-wringing Chicken Littles should stop playing Mommy to those who rather than make the effort are a drag on America. Frankly, she (and all who do produce) has paid a terrible price for our leech class.

Who said anything about 80%, fool? Training, education, infrastructure- all ruined by Reaganists over 30 years. See sig for worst inequality ever, dipstick. Change the gd channel, perfect chump of the greedy idiot rich GOP.

We don't have training and education now? More people in college than ever before, and yet, more adults living with their parents than ever before as well. Infrastructure? You do know that is provided by fuel taxes and state, don't you?

So when are you libs going to lower the price of advanced education so we get all this training you speak of? Most all colleges are run by liberals. The lower priced ones are run by government. But that's Reagan's fault too, huh?

Sorry Buibs, I forgot you are a right winger who doesn't like following the posts

I WANT THE TAX RATE ON THE TOP 1/10TH OF 1%^ AND ABOVE TO GO BACK TO THE RATES THEY PAID 1932-1980

50%-70% EFFECTIVE rates!

THE BUFFETT RULES A GOOD START, AS WELL AS GETTING THE GOP ON BOARD WITH OBAMA'S LOWERING THE CORP TAX FROM 35% TO 28% AND GETTING RID OF LOOPHOLES!!!

stop whining that others should pay for your existence. the rich get NOTHING extra from the government that you don't get. Stop being a parasite and a child.
Stop being a total dupe. see sig. Pander to the greedy idiot rich Reaganism is wrecking the nonrich and the country, dingbat dupe. see sig

Stop being a total whiny bitch. The poor are not poor because the rich are rich, just as the rich are not rich because some of us are poor. What you have is just a nasty case of jealousy. Grow the f%$k up.

Yeah, gov't policy does absolutely nothing for the poor. :lmao:

Loony leftist BS.
Over 1/3 of NY kids don't finish high school. HIGH SCHOOL!
It's free.
It doesn't cost 'em a dime yet they don't care enough about themselves, their communities or America to even make the effort.
I did not work nor do I expect ANYONE to work to support those who refuse - by their actons - to make the effort.

Forum List

Back