Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

And then there's how much people at various income levels ACTUALLY PAY in just Federal Income Taxes. The Rich (which is a ridiculous distinction including families that make over $343K per year as well as multi-billionaires), pay 24% of their income in just federal income taxes.

View attachment 48686

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Daddio has his knickers in a twist because the people who earn 16% of the income pay more than a third of Federal incomes taxes. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Well, there certainly is a " dumbfukkkk " in the discussion --- and it's YOU.

AGI is for Adjusted Gross Income which is your income after deductions and credits.

WHICH IS your net taxable income.

It appears you don't understand what the A in AGI stands for.
It is for Adjusted not ALL.

Nobody pays taxes on their GROSS INCOME.
By the time people figure in their deductions and credits they pay on only a FRACTION of their GROSS income.

====================
LISTEN YOU DUMBFUKKKK WHO GIVES A FUK ABOUT GROSS? You taxed on gross? Grow a fukkn brain (unlike Jo the NON plumber) and get off talking points. TAXES ARE ON NET NOT GROSS!!

SERIOUSLY? YOU TRYING TO ARGUE GROSS IS THE SAME AS AGI? lol

Listen, GROSSING $250,000 prob puts your taxable income at $75,000-$100,00 a year (deduct material, wages paid, etc) GROW UP, GROW A BRAIN!

That is utter crap. The AMT reverses out deductions.

Many religious congregatoins have a similar problem as Fox viewers.

It is a matter of confirmation bias resolving cognitive dissonance, for folks believe what they believe.

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.....- Barry Goldwater, (1909–1998), five-term US Senator, Republican Party nominee for President in 1964*, Maj. Gen., US Air Force Reserves, author of The Conscience of a Conservative

AGI is for Adjusted Gross Income which is your income after deductions and credits.

By the time people figure in their deductions and credits they pay on only a FRACTION of their GROSS income.

====================
LISTEN YOU DUMBFUKKKK WHO GIVES A FUK ABOUT GROSS? You taxed on gross? Grow a fukkn brain (unlike Jo the NON plumber) and get off talking points. TAXES ARE ON NET NOT GROSS!!

Listen, GROSSING $250,000 prob puts your taxable income at $75,000-$100,00 a year (deduct material, wages paid, etc) GROW UP, GROW A BRAIN!

Stupid fukkn argument, AGAIN. You think plumbers grossing $250,000 a year are at the top tax rate dummy? lol

And then there's how much people at various income levels ACTUALLY PAY in just Federal Income Taxes. The Rich (which is a ridiculous distinction including families that make over $343K per year as well as multi-billionaires), pay 24% of their income in just federal income taxes.

View attachment 48686

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Daddio has his knickers in a twist because the people who earn 16% of the income pay more than a third of Federal incomes taxes. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

You mean AS their share of income tripled the last 35 years and their tax burden (effective) shrunk? Nahhhh

Let's also come to a consensus on what the definition of "rich" is is. Joe Biden thought a plumbing subcontractor grossing $250K per year was rich. Talk to a plumbing subcontractor and see what they take home.

Dumbass right wingers want to conflate GROSS with net with the NON PLUMBER who was no where NEAR that income (in the comp he worked for, lol)

Boy, it is Biden that conflated and misled dumbasses into believing that a $250K plumber does not exist: "I don't have any Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year that are worried". A Subcontractor can easily gross $250K per year before overhead, taxes, regulations, and variable costs. Then, he's taking home $70k-$100K.

Should these types of subcontractors be included in what you people define as "rich"? Don't tell me they don't exist.....I know many tradesmen who are independent subcontractors that fit the profile I just described. Stop trying to move the goal past about Joe the Plumber. You people either consider independent tradesmen as wealthy and highest taxes.

You just made my point. Biden was misrepresenting gross as net. Boy, when you name call and insult, you have lost the debate.

MORE right wing nonsense. Stop projecting dummy. Joe (the non plumber) didn't even own the comp AND probably less than 10% of plumbers in the US gross MORE than $250,000 a year.

WHO WAS CONFLATING THE TAXES WERE THE CONS/GOPers SAYING SMALL BIZ ARE HIT WITH THE TOP TAX RATES!! lol

Last edited:

====================

Stupid fukkn argument, AGAIN. You think plumbers grossing $250,000 a year are at the top tax rate dummy? lol

^^^ Blithering Moron ^^^

2015-08-29_10-54-31.jpg

Alternative minimum tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, the free ride is limited to those earning less than $35,000/yr meaning the middle class - those making over $35,000 - do indeed help pull the train. I may have told you the source of my irritation with the current tax structure:
A long time friend - single mom with some college & 2 kids - works as much o-time as necessary to provide the kids with the little extras (hockey, dance) most of us want for our children. When o-time wasn't available she would take a 2nd job. She drove herself to have a life - nurturing, providing for & teaching her children, maintaining strong family & friend ties and working out daily - often at the cost of sleep.
She neither sought nor accepted gov't aid and always earned a bit more than the free-riders so that this hard-working, responsible mom annually paid at least some federal personal income tax which our gov't, in all its "wisdom and justice," used to supplement the income of those who couldn't or wouldn't match her effort.
She never expects or demands that society ("the rich") provide for her and hers ... she does what is necessary to be self-sufficient.

Weird, you'd think the "free market" would pay enough to live on AND be able to pay income taxes, why has the "free market" failed on this end the past 35 years AS Gov't policy has shifted the tax burden off the richest?

Yeah .. it can't possibly be that the non-contributors to our federal tax burden are just unwilling to make the effort. My friend has proven that thanks to the OPPORTUNITIES available to us ambition, pride, determination and grit can be enough to provide for ones family in America. Perhaps you hand-wringing Chicken Littles should stop playing Mommy to those who rather than make the effort are a drag on America. Frankly, she (and all who do produce) has paid a terrible price for our leech class.

Agreed.

This discussion reminds me of a couple I rent an apartment to. He works full time plus, and in spite of many illnesses, she works part-time. Neither make any real money; no skills, no education, no trade.

When he gets home from work, he quickly helps her load her car for her office cleaning chores. They both head out to clean offices until 7:30 pm when they return home. When she doesn't need his help, he runs around town collecting scrap metal which he turns in to the scrap yard during his lunch time at his full-time job.

He does pretty well turning in junk. All cash, no paper trail. Because he knows the people so well at the scrap yard, they save him bicycles that he buys from them. He fixes them up and sells them on Craigs List. When he's not doing that, he refinishes furniture he picked up out of the garbage and sells that too.

They are early with the rent every month by at least one week. They both drive new vehicles. Yes, they still have to watch their money, but they are the quintessential of real Americans in my opinion. You don't see younger people like that anymore.

PERFECT example of what the right wing WANTS the US to look like AGAIN

Poor people working 7 days a week for very little money

3-27-08tax2-f2b.jpg

Look like again? Up until government decided to support people with forced charity, many people worked six to seven days a week. Where do you see a guarantee that all Americans should be able to make a living on 40 hours a week. It certainly isn't in our constitution.

True UNTIL PROGRESSIVE policies kicked in, most AmeriKans worked 6-7 days a week for the "job creators". Weird how PROGRESSIVE policies changed it right? Created the worlds largest middle class? Took people out of poverty? Gave UNIONS the right to exist. You know DEMOCRACY in the workplace?

Ray from Cleveland asked " But if we taxed all the rich at 80%, how does that help the working middle-class? Would they see ten cents of that money government collected? "
=============

Of course. You might not get CASH from the government --- but you would see improvements in government services. You know those places that Republicans complain don't do a good job ( after they have cut the agencies funding ).

Like OSHA
Like FDA
Like more highway maintenance
Like hiring more people to handle the years long backlog of LEGAL immigration requests.
Like keeping track of people who come on Visas to make sure they leave when the Visa is over.

People in the Scandinavian countries pay up to 50% of their income in taxes but they are HAPPY to do so because they receive so many benefits from government.

Contrary to the Republican mantra --- GOVERNMENT DOES MANY THINGS RIGHT

But Republicans don't like government doing most of those things.
Like inspecting the food plants the Republicans own.
Like inspecting work places to make sure you have a safe working environment.
Like enforcing wage and hour laws ( Republicans REALLY HATE THOSE ).

There are just so many areas where we need government but the Republicans want to do nothing but kill the government because it keeps them from raping the population the way they would like to.

Government regulations are anathema to Republicans who worship the wealthy.

But unregulated Capitalism is a recipe for disaster.

We have deregulated so much in the last 30 years and you can see the results.

Bridges falling down. Airport runways in poor condition ... not enough air traffic controllers ... jobs shipped overseas ... people working 50 - 80 hours a week and feeling too threatened over their jobs to take a vacation even though it is listed in the company HR manual.

So many people are feeling screwed and angry and they SHOULD BE but they are angry at the wrong people.

It isn't the union guy making more than you for the same job that is responsible for your pay --- IT IS YOUR EMPLOYER who is scrooing you.

It isn't the people getting public assistance that are screwing people over --- they are the ones who have been screwed the worst and lost their jobs.

Follow the money.

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY

The people getting the money are the people who are screwing you and that is the wealthy REPUBLICANS.

Republicans are always claiming they will create more jobs but how many job related bills have they forwarded since the Republicans had a majority in both houses?

ZERO / NADA / NONE / NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE

They have not even caucused about any jobs bills or ANYTHING to help the middle class --- but they will pass another tax cut for the wealthy at the drop of a " campaign contribution ".

So what you're saying is that we should steal more money from the producers of our country so we can make government even bigger? I don't understand that. The leftist solution to everything is bigger government.

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."
Dennis Prager

Let me give you an example here. Perhaps this happened to you, or even somebody you know when you were younger.

You turn 18 years old. Now you are a legal adult. So you decide to have a party; a wild,wild party. Oh no you don't. You live with your parents. Everybody out of the house by 9:00pm.

Looking for more liberty, you decide to get an apartment. Now you are a legal adult with your own place to live. Now you can have your party. Well yes, you can, but with major limitations. You have neighbors to consider. They are on both sides of your walls and even below you on the next floor.

So now you move out of your apartment into your own house. Now you are the king of your castle. Now you can have your party, with limitations because of your next door neighbors, but with much more leeway than you had in your apartment.

The point is, the less you rely on others for your way in life, the more freedom you have. That's why relying on government for everything is servitude. Who has more liberty in life, a welfare queen that relies on government in regards to how much she can eat, where she gets medical care from, where she lives, or a well to do person who decides what to eat, when to eat, what conveniences they have, and what kind of medical care to get?

I won't surrender freedom for the convenience of not having to rely on myself.

"freedom" lol

Freedom to you is free shit, ay Dad?

Just another right wing meme to the low informed, like the Jeezubus guy... Faux LOVES that crap, "freedom" lol

So why are you a Republican then? Why do you let Fox program you? Don't you have any ability to question what Faux Noise tells you? Stop blindly repeating it, right wing sheep

Me a Republican? Bubba, you couldn't pay me enough to be a GOPer or CONServative, I'm not that stupid or desperate!

But YES, the right wing are sheeple dancing to the music of Faux, Rushblo, Levin, Beck, AEI, Heritage, CATO, etc

====================

^^^ Blithering Moron ^^^

View attachment 48699

Alternative minimum tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes YOU ARE A BLITHERING IDIOT. And what about the AMT Bubs? Make a fukkn point or go fuk yourself!

Rich use our system a lot more then the poor do...They also cheat it all the time. Anyone that thinks they shouldn't be taxed more don't live in reality.

And in the event of a complete social and economic meltdown, they have a lot more to lose.

It's like car insurance and makes perfect sense. The better and more expensive your car, the more your insurance costs.

Let's also come to a consensus on what the definition of "rich" is is. Joe Biden thought a plumbing subcontractor grossing $250K per year was rich. Talk to a plumbing subcontractor and see what they take home.

Dumbass right wingers want to conflate GROSS with net with the NON PLUMBER who was no where NEAR that income (in the comp he worked for, lol)

Boy, it is Biden that conflated and misled dumbasses into believing that a $250K plumber does not exist: "I don't have any Joe the plumbers in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year that are worried". A Subcontractor can easily gross $250K per year before overhead, taxes, regulations, and variable costs. Then, he's taking home $70k-$100K.

Should these types of subcontractors be included in what you people define as "rich"? Don't tell me they don't exist.....I know many tradesmen who are independent subcontractors that fit the profile I just described. Stop trying to move the goal past about Joe the Plumber. You people either consider independent tradesmen as wealthy and highest taxes.

You just made my point. Biden was misrepresenting gross as net. Boy, when you name call and insult, you have lost the debate.

MORE right wing nonsense. Stop projecting dummy. Joe (the non plumber) didn't even own the comp AND probably less than 10% of plumbers in the US gross MORE than $250,000 a year.

WHO WAS CONFLATING THE TAXES WERE THE CONS/GOPers SAYING SMALL BIZ ARE HIT WITH THE TOP TAX RATES!! lol

You are intent on focusing /shifting the conversation on Joe Wurzelbacher status as plumber or not.He proposed to the Presidential candidate what it would take to get himself set up and operate a plumbing company. If you know any tradesmen, regardless of whether they are a plumber, carpenter, painter, electrician, when they set out to go into business, it is usually as a subcontractor. Depending on what city you set up shop, your costs, fixed and variable, (Insurance, Licensing, Salary for helper, fixed equipment, variable costs associated with each project, vehicle, maintenance, etc.) can easily approach a required break-even point of $200k, $250k, maybe $500k in annual gross revenue including a target margin or profit of 5-10% so that the entity is not losing money and is healthy.

As is relevant then (2008), now, and in the future, the simple question is would you put a sub contractor based on the above scenario into the wealthy class to be taxed as such or would he be taxed as middle class?

So what you're saying is that we should steal more money from the producers of our country so we can make government even bigger? I don't understand that. The leftist solution to everything is bigger government.

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."
Dennis Prager

Let me give you an example here. Perhaps this happened to you, or even somebody you know when you were younger.

You turn 18 years old. Now you are a legal adult. So you decide to have a party; a wild,wild party. Oh no you don't. You live with your parents. Everybody out of the house by 9:00pm.

Looking for more liberty, you decide to get an apartment. Now you are a legal adult with your own place to live. Now you can have your party. Well yes, you can, but with major limitations. You have neighbors to consider. They are on both sides of your walls and even below you on the next floor.

So now you move out of your apartment into your own house. Now you are the king of your castle. Now you can have your party, with limitations because of your next door neighbors, but with much more leeway than you had in your apartment.

The point is, the less you rely on others for your way in life, the more freedom you have. That's why relying on government for everything is servitude. Who has more liberty in life, a welfare queen that relies on government in regards to how much she can eat, where she gets medical care from, where she lives, or a well to do person who decides what to eat, when to eat, what conveniences they have, and what kind of medical care to get?

I won't surrender freedom for the convenience of not having to rely on myself.

"freedom" lol

Just another right wing meme to the low informed, like the Jeezubus guy... Faux LOVES that crap, "freedom" lol

So why are you a Republican then? Why do you let Fox program you? Don't you have any ability to question what Faux Noise tells you? Stop blindly repeating it, right wing sheep

Me a Republican? Bubba, you couldn't pay me enough to be a GOPer or CONServative, I'm not that stupid or desperate!

But YES, the right wing are sheeple dancing to the music of Faux, Rushblo, Levin, Beck, AEI, Heritage, CATO, etc

You're more like the Republicans than I am, Holmes. If you have any brain cells at all though, read what you wrote, now think about how stupid you are when you keep calling me a Republican.

Hey, you voted for W, you bought it, you own it...

You are intent on focusing /shifting the conversation on Joe Wurzelbacher status as plumber or not.He proposed to the Presidential candidate what it would take to get himself set up and operate a plumbing company. If you know any tradesmen, regardless of whether they are a plumber, carpenter, painter, electrician, when they set out to go into business, it is usually as a subcontractor. Depending on what city you set up shop, your costs, fixed and variable, (Insurance, Licensing, Salary for helper, fixed equipment, variable costs associated with each project, vehicle, maintenance, etc.) can easily approach a required break-even point of $200k, $250k, maybe $500k in annual gross revenue including a target margin or profit of 5-10% so that the entity is not losing money and is healthy.

As is relevant then (2008), now, and in the future, the simple question is would you put a sub contractor based on the above scenario into the wealthy class to be taxed as such or would he be taxed as middle class?

GAWD YOU MORONS ARE DUMB AS FUKKKK

No someone GROSSING $250,000 a year IS NOT "wealthy" AND would NEVER be taxed near the top rates. EVER, if they are in the trades (as II have been for 30+ years, mostly self employed!) Gross $250,000 prob income of $75,000-$100,00 a year!

TAXES ARE NOT ON GROSS BUT ADJUSTED GROSS. Deduct right off the bat, EXPENSES such as materials, wages paid, insurance and bond costs, deductions for vehicles and expenses

THEN you get to use AMORTIZED deductions FINALLY you arrive at AGI

THE RIGHTS BIG LIE THAT TAXES WOULD INCREASE ON THE SMALL BIZ OWNERS WAS/IS A LIE.

"freedom" lol

You're more like the Republicans than I am, Holmes. If you have any brain cells at all though, read what you wrote, now think about how stupid you are when you keep calling me a Republican.

Gawd you right wingers get dumber than fuk the more you post Bubs

Look Einstein, you spend all day pumping right wing causes, stop being an idiot and claiming you aren't a Republican now. Faux news has done a lobotomy on your brain. What are you going to do when everyone has guns and is shooting each other up, the environment is dead and global warming turns Canada into a tropical zone? You going to be proud of your bible thumping right wing agenda then? You going to stick with it or think maybe we needed some Democrat sense after all instead of raping the planet?

Gotcha, right wing moon bat. Why do you keep voting for the Republican clown car? So seriously, this is what you consider entertaining? That's the part that's actually entertaining. I couldn't make up stupid like you people actually are

You are mixing up the Gross's.

You are conflating Gross with Adjusted Gross which is the lower figure in your post below.

Adjusted Gross Income IS your net income after deductions and credits.

It is simply another term for NET INCOME.

I think we are talking the same thing but you have confused the terms in your mind and posts.

But on the tax forms they don't call it " net income " they call it AGI.

GROSS INCOME = $200,000
AGI = $95,000
Net Income = $95,000

Depending of course on how many mortages you can deduct interest on and how many medical deductions you have and how many children etc. etc.
====================

====================

Forum List

Back