Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

Should the United States go back to a top federal tax rate of 70%?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Progressives are complete fucking economic illiterates.

Read the OP if you wonder how they run an entire country like Venezuela into the dirt in a generation
Conservatives think subsidizing the billionaires instead is the right thing to do. Who's the fucking illiterate? That's the most stupid political economic point I've ever heard. "We need to subsidize the billionaires so they can get more money and influence us all more, or they will take their more money else where." The most stupid catch 22 ever and they are making it worse. Hate on George soros all you want but your fail policy is pumping him up and up and up.

I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

The income above 10 million will be taxed at 70%.

Please vote in my poll.
Only if it is "EARNED" income. Dividend and capital gains wont fall into the earned income part, and most people who make over $10 million get it through options again not getting taxed as earned income. So this is all smoke and mirrors but supposed to make the petulant impoverished welfare queens and queers feel like she is working for them....

My earned income is around 30 thousand dollars a year. I have dividends coming in around $440,000 a year I only am taxed about $22,000 on that dividend income and $6,000 on the earned income.....See the difference?

How do you pay 5% tax on your dividends?
I do it every year...and not with the 1040ez

How? Nothing I've seen shows the dividend rate is that low. What's your secret?

That he is full of shit, that's his secret.

I would like to know which members of the USMB here warm over $10 million a year.

Please vote in my poll.

So you're just fine with the govt pillaging people's money. You have no problem whatsoever with a govt that spends trillions on failed foreign, domestic policies, endless wars, and then you expect them to take even more money and expect a different result? No thanks.
We need more income to pay our debt. Spending cuts aren't going to happen. Right now they fight for more spending.

Not with tRump's budget demands, it is $1,000,000,000,000 more than Obama's highest.

Since this is just another redundant bed wetter thread, I'm going to repost my response from the last one I saw like it.

Can't stand Ocasio and think she is SPECTACULARLY stupid but......

She is freakishly stupid, that's for sure. However she seems to be a "true believer" in regressive dogma.
I'd LOVE...
LOVE...
LOVE!!!

to see her actually go after the rich DNC donor class and steal 70% of their shit. Those assholes DESERVE it. Along with some serious prison time in many cases.

So you can bet she and many Bernie turds like her are going to have to be marginalized if not "disappeared" by the DNC mafia before they start getting into well connected pockets that keep the DNC in control of the marxist puke zealots.

I hope they lose control of their monsters and are consumed by them.

The thread I inserted wasn't from a bed wetter, but it's the same discussion. Moonbats love AOC because they're stupid too. Anti-marxists love her, because she proves it, and she's got a nice ass.

Would your income be affected by Ocasio Cortez’s 70% marginal tax rate plan
EVERYBODY'S income would be affected with the exception of those that have the means (the ultra wealthy) to move capital investments offshore and/or take advantage of the existing global tax avoidance systems.

Marginal rates that high will have the effect of discouraging domestic investment (along with providing a shot in the arm for the already booming global tax avoidance industry), less domestic investment leads to lower future economic growth, which leads to lower wages, lower employment and ultimately LOWER federal revenue than what would otherwise be the case (i.e. large opportunity cost).

It's not a moral question or a "fairness" question it's a numbers question, if domestic effective income tax rates make putting capital to work somewhere else more attractive from a risk/reward standpoint then those capital investments will be made elsewhere effectively penalizing U.S. domestic output potential.

Cortez's proposal indicates that either she has no understanding of the global financial system and the mobility of capital within it, or she's just grand standing with a class-warrior proposal that sounds good to the sheeple in order to raise her own political profile.

Not with Trump's budget demands, it is $1,000,000,000,000 more than Obama's highest.

Donald Trump has been famous for 30+ years for borrowing money. That is his claim to fame. The voters knew he'd be a big spender like Roosevelt or Reagan. I'm pretty sure nobody cares or they wouldn't have elected him. I think those who complain about the national debt are a minority. If the voters cared about the national debt there is no way they would have elected Trump.

Please vote in my poll.
/——/ By attacking and confiscating the wealth of people AOC doesn’t like, harms all of us. That was not an option on your biased poll.

That's not fair to the people who are the wealthiest. 70% !!!!! Way more than half their income going to the government? That is obscene.

Really?

The top 1% own half the country. You don't think they

A. Can't afford it

B. Shouldn't have to pay something approaching equivalency for that?

It has nothing to do with can they afford it.

You should give me money. I know you can afford it because you are wasting money on an internet connection, to lecture others about what they can afford.

So since you can afford it, I demand you pay my bills.

That's envy and greed based logic, is exactly what you are suggesting when you say "they can afford it".

I don't care if they can afford it. Taking 70% of the money someone earns, is wrong... period. Whether they can afford it or not.

If we gathered enough people to vote that you must give up your house, to some homeless people.... because you can afford it... does that make it right?

What you own, also doesn't make it right. What if you own a new car. I can't afford a new car. I think you should give me your car, because you should pay something approaching equivalency.... right? We're not equal between you and me. So you should give up most of what you have.

IS that right?

See this is the hypocrisy of the left. If we tried to force on you, the very ideology you are trying to force on others, you would be screaming bloody murder on here.
a lack of equal protection of the law for the poor could be viewed as "stealing from the poor" to help the rich get richer faster.

Please vote in my poll.
So I would have to be killed before I can say that murder is wrong?

Please vote in my poll.
So I would have to be killed before I can say that murder is wrong?

Naw, you can get coupons online where you only have to be severely wounded before you can say that murder is wrong. ;)

Jesus said that the love of money is the root of all evil, and to "Render to Cesar what is Cesar's". That was what he said in reference to taxes. He also said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. When God's servants became Kings, they lost their way and turned away from God's Laws. Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple. He was most definitely not a fan of the wealthy.

But taxation is NOT theft. Taxation is paying your fair share of the costs of running a first world country with fair and unbiased courts, security, safety and preservation of personal property and wealth, and the lions' share of those costs should rightfully be borne by those who are receiving the MOST benefit from the underlying government and infrastructure that makes your level of wealthy possible.

And to continue to maintain the country in the manner to which YOU have become accustomed. Because unless and until the wealthy stop syphoning off all of the wealth created by the working class, leaving the working class dependent on government handouts, the country will continue on its downward spiral. Stop running massive deficits. It's not in anyone's best interests except the wealthy, who are getting richer, while everyone else gets poorer.
POWERFUL!!!!!

giphy.gif

Please vote in my poll.

It's no longer the 1950's. We are now a very international economy. If Americans start getting taxed at exorbitant rates, they will invest their money in opportunities outside of the U.S. Undoubtedly, we would also see many wealthy Americans renounce their U.S. citizenship and take their money and move to a friendlier locale. In fact, many have.
Spoken like a true GLOBALIST!!!

Please vote in my poll.

Yes.....because it will depress our economy destroying jobs, innovation in all sectors and drive us to become like Venezuela....

Why do you care?

Does looting suddenly become a moral act because you limit your plunder to the really, really, really rich part of town?

By Christian ethics the answer is yes.

Well that's interesting, at what point does stealing become an immoral act? I'm pretty sure that by Christian ethics, stealing is immoral no matter who the victim is.

How sure are you?

Very sure. I know of no passage in the Bible or anything in the teachings of Jesus that absolves stealing from anybody, and nothing that says it's okay if the victim is a rich person. So, my question to you is, what makes you think that Christian ethics consider stealing to be a moral act if the victim is rich? Certainly, charity and sacrifice to benefit others is considered to be a good thing in the eyes of God, and Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven, but that is not the same thing as saying it's okay to steal from the wealthy.

Jesus said that the love of money is the root of all evil, and to "Render to Cesar what is Cesar's". That was what he said in reference to taxes. He also said that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. When God's servants became Kings, they lost their way and turned away from God's Laws. Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple. He was most definitely not a fan of the wealthy.

But taxation is NOT theft. Taxation is paying your fair share of the costs of running a first world country with fair and unbiased courts, security, safety and preservation of personal property and wealth, and the lions' share of those costs should rightfully be borne by those who are receiving the MOST benefit from the underlying government and infrastructure that makes your level of wealthy possible.

And to continue to maintain the country in the manner to which YOU have become accustomed. Because unless and until the wealthy stop syphoning off all of the wealth created by the working class, leaving the working class dependent on government handouts, the country will continue on its downward spiral. Stop running massive deficits. It's not in anyone's best interests except the wealthy, who are getting richer, while everyone else gets poorer.

You Progressives ALWAYS leave out this part: And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's

Jesus never chided the Romans for not paying their fair share. You twist and pervert his teachings, reminder, to fit your One World Jackboot desires

Pretty soon she'll be as powerful as Hillary!
The way Republicans talk about and bring up Hillary, you'd think she was the 45th President of the United States.

She lives rent-free in your heads.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Forum List

Back