• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
No.
Drawn and quartered.
View attachment 285936
That's against the law, WM2020. Cruel and unusual punishment is not something of which President George Washington would have approved due to the cruelty inflicted upon dissidents in European countries in the history books of his day. Keep in mind lying is the coward's way out of taking credit for his crime due to the penalties. Liars put a lot of innocent people to death, to life sentences, and cause divorces, loss of prestige in good people who are put in a bad light by someone who hates them and not for any wrong they did. Murder and lying are closely related crimes. Both are taking the easy way out of a situation often inflicted by the liar or the murderer. Even so, we must not be worse than the predator who did the crime, and that may be the threshold of what cruel and unusual punishment is. Overkill and torture are not options in the American system of citizen justice.

It's harsh and 18th Century but should traitors be hung?

I prefer the guillotine. Swift and sure much more so than so many hangings that have gone wrong. When that head rolls, there ain't no doubt that the asshole is gone for good.
That would be cruel and unusual punishment. Also, there are religions who believe if a person has body parts severed he cannot go to heaven, and we cannot persecute people with deaths that include dismemberment. It's evil.

It depends on the degree.....on the level of treason.

There is a price that must be paid.

That's what Justice is all about.

Yes!

But I believe any condemned person should have the right to choose their form of execution.

If it were me...I think I'd pick firing squad (or old age).

Maybe but maybe not

Death penalty is to stop that action in the future

An easy death may not work to save the nation

Democrats has done a totally stoopid thing

Now they and their globalists will be toast coming from America’s patriot men

Trump gets impeached by the crooked congress

Then possibly enough globalists rino senators votes to remove him

Then a crooked supreme votes to agree

But then trump

Declares a broken govt because of criminal actions by the congress and courts

So you got the president showing the men that they are the ones as criminals and will call out the military to arrest the crooked govt members

Really really stoooopid what the deep state has done

upload_2019-10-23_22-48-50.png

I should point out that we're not going to have anyone convicted of treason any time soon, at least not on the federal level. The Constitution narrowly defines treason as one giving aid and comfort to a country with whom we are at war; since we're not at declared war with anyone right now, we're not going to be generating any traitors. That's why spies are typically charged with espionage or conspiracy.

Only one person has ever been executed for treason against the federal government: William Bruce Mumford, who was convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War. However, this was under martial law, not Article Three of the United States Constitution.[5]

Treason laws in the United States - Wikipedia

Considering the above - no. Let them rot doing life without parole if convicted.

Ok, before we go to far with this, has anybody even wondered at all about what we would do for entertainment if that many dozens of posters went missing?

I should point out that we're not going to have anyone convicted of treason any time soon, at least not on the federal level. The Constitution narrowly defines treason as one giving aid and comfort to a country with whom we are at war; since we're not at declared war with anyone right now, we're not going to be generating any traitors. That's why spies are typically charged with espionage or conspiracy.
We are actually in one declared war right at the moment.

We have plenty of smart and honest people to replace those treasonous bastards so I say let them swing. It'll be a good deterrent for the next batch of idiots that decide it might be a good idea to cover for political felons and treasonists.

We are actually in one declared war right at the moment.

Not technically.

Forum List

Back