Shutdown could last years

This really doesn't seem like a good idea.
Is this going to be the new normal?
Anytime the current President doesn't get the full support of Congress and the Senate, the government is shut down. Why even have 3 branches of Government anymore.

In reality we have only had two branches for awhile; the Executive and SCOTUS.
Because Congress doesn't legislate anymore as they primarily investigate.
True story.

If the democrats do not want to care about legal immigration. Then it could go for years until the house gains it's majority back.

Anytime the current President doesn't get the full support of Congress and the Senate, the government is shut down. Why even have 3 branches of Government anymore.

In reality we have only had two branches for awhile; the Executive and SCOTUS.
Because Congress doesn't legislate anymore as they primarily investigate.
True story.
And you can bet everyone of those newly elected assholes will collect a paycheck, courteous of the US tax payer. If you stop their pay, the shit would be fixed real quick..Oh well Nancy and Chuck, playing with the lives of 1000's.

That's what the Orange Idiot said (among a whole lot of other really strange things including left turns and right turns and who the fuck knows what)

The TSA has not gotten a check since this started...they will get one on Jan 3 and then nothing until it is over.

Is ICE getting paid?

The Dem House has passed a continuing resolution to get everyone paid (the Homeland Security portion is good for 30 days).

The Senate is doing nothing.

They have previously passed a clean CR by voice vote (making it unanimous) but with the new Congress that would need to be voted on again. Turtle McConnell has not brought it up for a vote. He has brought NOTHING up for a vote in the new Senate

I watched that news conference and I could feel brain cells committing suicide in the thousands. OMG. The man is a cretin.

Most of the country think he talks like a New Yorker. He talks like a Brooklyn cab driver with a high school education

God Help us
/——/ Tissue?

Our President is committed to doing the Presidency right, and neither Chuck nor Nancy seem to be willing to cede an inch on this. With Donald J. Trump behind us, we can last as long as needed.

Trump: Government will be shutdown as long as it takes - CNN Video

Oh not for everyone it won't.

While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises
While federal workers go without pay, senior Trump administration officials are poised to get $10,000 raises

Good! They deserve it!
Stemming the tide of Progressivism and saving the country is hard work.
I see you fail to mention the derelicts in Congress who vote their pay raises often and now only work about 1/3rd of the year; if you can call whatever the hell they do work!

If it goes on too much longer it will have a huge negative effect on the farmers and ranchers, a group Trump has gone out of his way to appease to the tune of an extra 12 billion dollars worth of subsides this past year.

I am not even sure they all got their second round of trade mitigation payments before Trump shut down the government.

You know, today Trump was bragging about his new MACA treaty (which hasn't been passed by Congress yet), and he said that the taxes and other money we would get from Mexico would be billions of dollars a year.

If he only needs 5.1 billion for the wall, and his new agreement is going to pull in enough money to pay for it as he has claimed repeatedly, why did he need to shut down the government?

And, it's gotta suck for all those workers who aren't getting paid. Christmas bills ain't cheap, and they are coming due.

That's what the Orange Idiot said (among a whole lot of other really strange things including left turns and right turns and who the fuck knows what)

The TSA has not gotten a check since this started...they will get one on Jan 3 and then nothing until it is over.

Is ICE getting paid?

The Dem House has passed a continuing resolution to get everyone paid (the Homeland Security portion is good for 30 days).

They have previously passed a clean CR by voice vote (making it unanimous) but with the new Congress that would need to be voted on again. Turtle McConnell has not brought it up for a vote. He has brought NOTHING up for a vote in the new Senate

I watched that news conference and I could feel brain cells committing suicide in the thousands. OMG. The man is a cretin.

Most of the country think he talks like a New Yorker. He talks like a Brooklyn cab driver with a high school education

God Help us
The House just passed two bills which the Republican Senate passed a few months ago. Identical bills.

Now those same Republicans won't pass the two bills in this new term.

So it's obvious who the dicks are.
Trump told everyone he would not sign another CR. Got it now?
That's right. That means he and McConnell are the dicks.

Got it now?
Incorrect! The dicks are the people who sent out 54 billion dollars to foreign countries and fucking refuse the safety of Americans. Those are the dicks!

Is ICE getting paid?

God Help us
That's pretty much what Hillary said about Trump until he make her into political joke. Every day this shutdown continues, Trump gains support from voters on the right, who have been critical of him lately for not having achieved the border fence, and the longer this goes on the more support he will have in 2020. If Trump ends the shutdown without getting funding for the border fence, he will not be able to run in 2020, so the Democrats have to decide if they are helping themselves or hurting themselves by keeping the shutdown going on and on and on and ....

the antichrist, the Destroyer, acts with fury because he knows his time is short... :eek:

All this bullshit.....shutdown, national emergency....over a wall that less than a third of Americans (aka, Trump cult members) want.

Trump has painted himself into a very small corner and has NO way of getting out of that corner with his fat, orange ass unscathed.....Trump well knows that without a wall, his chances of even being a candidate in 2020 resembles those of David Duke's.

It is more than about time for sane republicans to save their party and tell this charlatan that insisting on a wall just to save his sorry ass is NOT what our country should tolerate.

No, I am not calling for impeachment of Trump; in my opinion, he is doing an AMAZING job of slowly destroying the GOP.

Every day the shutdown continues, some of those government workers who supported Trump and are now working without pay until the government opens back up, are going to start going against him.

The democrat Party > Country is not interested in working wth a country they're not running

All this bullshit.....shutdown, national emergency....over a wall that less than a third of Americans (aka, Trump cult members) want.

Trump has painted himself into a very small corner and has NO way of getting out of that corner with his fat, orange ass unscathed.....Trump well knows that without a wall, his chances of even being a candidate in 2020 resembles those of David Duke's.

It is more than about time for sane republicans to save their party and tell this charlatan that insisting on a wall just to save his sorry ass is NOT what our country should tolerate.

No, I am not calling for impeachment of Trump; in my opinion, he is doing an AMAZING job of slowly destroying the GOP.

He has confused me yet again. If he can just declare a state of emergency and build the wall, then he does not need the Dems to give him the money, so there is no reason to keep the government closed for years.

Very soon this shut down will start to impact the farmers and ranchers that Trump has done so much to keep happy, giving them more than 12 billion dollars in extra subsidies.

They rely heavily on USDA backed loans for everything from this seasons seeds to new equipment to making the payments on the land for the farm. Also this is the time that people who were affected by drought or bad weather would be applying for crop insurance payments for corn, soy beans and most row crops. That will not be happening during the shutdown either.

Every day the shutdown continues, some of those government workers who supported Trump and are now working without pay until the government opens back up, are going to start going against him.
Too bad you assholes won’t fund the border wall! What assholes!

and he keeps lying and saying they support him taking away their means of supporting their family! :21::21::21:

he is not even a good liar.

He has confused me yet again. If he can just declare a state of emergency and build the wall, then he does not need the Dems to give him the money, so there is no reason to keep the government closed for years.

Very soon this shut down will start to impact the farmers and ranchers that Trump has done so much to keep happy, giving them more than 12 billion dollars in extra subsidies.

They rely heavily on USDA backed loans for everything from this seasons seeds to new equipment to making the payments on the land for the farm. Also this is the time that people who were affected by drought or bad weather would be applying for crop insurance payments for corn, soy beans and most row crops. That will not be happening during the shutdown either.

You know, I was kinda confused as well. Yes, he did say that he could declare a state of emergency and get the wall built. He also said that because of the MACA treaty, Mexico would be paying so much money to the US that it would be billions of dollars a year.

If either of those 2 statements are true, then why did Trump need to shut down the government?

Forum List

Back