Simple question on electric vehicles, where does the electricity to recharge them come from?

We need to find a way to decrease our dependence of foreign countries for power.

Being dependent on China for batteries solar tech and wind mill components is no better than being dependent on the Middle East for oil.

You know this is not correct. It has been the lefties who have consistently fought pollution. The GOP used to actually care as well when Nixon was around but they quickly realized there's more money without regulation.

This is a gross mischaracterization.

Just because you don't understand the science doesn't make it any less real.

Speaking as someone who has been involved in alternative energy sources for transportation (my second postdoc) I can say that the free market is good but not fast enough. Now that denialists have kept us from addressing the topic for decades the choices are going to get harder and the solutions won't be as easy a fix as a simple "market fix".

Remember leaded gasoline? YOu may be too young but for many of us who lived through that change I can tell you the free market wasn't moving fast enough. Government mandates came in and it worked fine. We all survived. Same with acid rain. Remember that? Yeah, we fought it and won. We leveraged SOME free market stuff but we also required mandates from the government to ensure that the market didn't crush some people for doing the right thing.

All of this requires you have an appreciation for history and science. Something you clearly lack.

I can say that the free market is good but not fast enough.

1663524276222.png

Looks pretty fast to me.

Are they now? I've been driving my EV for free for about the last 3 years. Gets 300 miles on a full charge. I charge on my solar so I don't even pay to charge the thing.

I'm curious what is impractical about this scenario? Is it impractical in your imagination because you don't know what you are talking about? Why not listen to those of us who are LIVING IT right now?

Economics, some people just don't get it.

You have unlimited solar? Awesome!
How much do you get per hour, over an average day?

Enough that I run about 1000kWh excess month over month. Meaning I generate, on average, far more electricity than I use.

Hope that helps.

(Also: I don't know if you know this but the sun is expected to be around for several billion years more!)

Economics, some people just don't get it.
You obviously don't understand that all EVs have a greater carbon cost of production and that it matters when the car pays that back and becomes cleaner than an ICE vehicle.

A small EV will pay back the carbon cost in about 15K miles so that makes sense

A full size electric SUV will pay back it's carbon cost of production on something like 100K miles so that doesn't make too much sense from an environmental standpoint.

These are just the facts but you people seem to think it's an insult.

Show me the patent with your name on it then prove it's actually yours

Right after you give my your social security number.

I was thinking maybe you might have a general question about how patents work. I could answer that for you so you'll understand how the concept of a patent works. Most dumbasses like you don't have a clue how they work.

Right after you give my your social security number.

I was thinking maybe you might have a general question about how patents work. I could answer that for you so you'll understand how the concept of a patent works. Most dumbasses like you don't have a clue how they work.
So then you can't prove it.

I didn't think so.

Forum List

Back