Simple question on electric vehicles, where does the electricity to recharge them come from?

Right after you give my your social security number.

I was thinking maybe you might have a general question about how patents work. I could answer that for you so you'll understand how the concept of a patent works. Most dumbasses like you don't have a clue how they work.
I had a brother in law who had many patents. Didn't make him any kind of money. I bet you believe you are sooooooo much smarter than someone without one huh?

We need to find a way to decrease our dependence of foreign countries for power.

Being dependent on China for batteries solar tech and wind mill components is no better than being dependent on the Middle East for oil.
what foreign country do we buy power from?

-sigh-

This topic is very much above your pay grade. If you would like you could always read "Cadillac Desert" if you want to learn about water politics in SoCal.

Your idea is not far off though: get rid of the dams and collapse the water infrastructure not just in LA but in the entire Central Valley. Oopsy! There goes YOUR grocery bill. Yup, a huge chunk of our agriculture is in the Central Valley. It's how you get cheap lettuce wherever you live in whatever godforsaken hellhole.

I'm all for lowering the population in SoCal (it's unsustainable) but I'm guessing you haven't a clue how you will be impacted. It's not gonna be fun.
your poster name is wrong, you should be condescending cardinal. You definitely have no social skills. But look at you,.... you got patents.

I never said I would give my personal information online. As such if I am to meet YOUR demand I will have to have your social security number. Thanks.
you told him to ask you a question. He did, you deflected to insults. look at you, but you got you patents. You're sooooo important.

What people are not understanding is that the larger the electric vehicle the less practical it is.

All EVs are at the production level higher emission than any ICE vehicle.

Now there is a tipping point where an EV becomes cleaner emission-wise than an ICE and the smaller the car the faster that tipping point is reached.

For example a car like the Leaf will reach that tipping point in about 15 K miles

But a electric Chevy Tahoe won't reach that tipping point until nearly 100 K miles
Good information. Where can indeed more about the tipping points?

History is how we learn. Yes it is more than 30 years old now. The history is still valuable.

Hey! As an aside: have you figured out what are of earth science was your specialty?
History is how we learn, yet you do not seem to have learned anything from Cadillac Desert.

What does Cadillac Desert tell us, that book tells us that Green Renewable energy will never ever have the energy to pump the water california or the west consumes.

Cadillac Desert also tells us, that dry hot drought is the normal climate of california.

We could also throw in John McPhee's Control of Nature to show that fires and torrential rains are also normal climate events in California.

History is how we learn, yet you do not seem to have learned anything from Cadillac Desert.

What does Cadillac Desert tell us, that book tells us that Green Renewable energy will never ever have the energy to pump the water california or the west consumes.

Cadillac Desert also tells us, that dry hot drought is the normal climate of california.

We could also throw in John McPhee's Control of Nature to show that fires and torrential rains are also normal climate events in California.

What area of geology did you specialize in. Remember you claimed to have a degree in earth science.

Honestly all this nit picking against EV's is a bit over the top. ESPECIALLY given how dangerous fossil fuels are to the environment, and how they are limited unlike solar.
Fossil fuels are limited, but solar is not? Yet you need solar panels, and the production of solar panels raises the use of fossil fuels. So you propose to use all the fossil fuel which is limited, so you can have a solar panel for a short amount of time?

You think it is okay to use up all the oil to manufacture solar panels? When you run out of fossil fuels you can not build solar panels.

Hence, solar panels become nothing more than a luxury for snobs or idiots, who do not realize the damage they do to the environment, using more oil, to produce inefficient solar panels.

and you claim you have patents and that you are educated?

Enough that I run about 1000kWh excess month over month. Meaning I generate, on average, far more electricity than I use.

Hope that helps.

(Also: I don't know if you know this but the sun is expected to be around for several billion years more!)
cardinal claims to have patents and a degree in science yet he/she does not know that the proper way to write 1000 kwh is 1 mwh?

Fossil fuels are limited, but solar is not? Yet you need solar panels, and the production of solar panels raises the use of fossil fuels. So you propose to use all the fossil fuel which is limited, so you can have a solar panel for a short amount of time?

You think it is okay to use up all the oil to manufacture solar panels? When you run out of fossil fuels you can not build solar panels.

Hence, solar panels become nothing more than a luxury for snobs or idiots, who do not realize the damage they do to the environment, using more oil, to produce inefficient solar panels.

and you claim you have patents and that you are educated?

Well, guess I make more money than you. Maybe you should get a college degree, mouthbreather.

It looks like you just copy from google, if I produced 1 mwh of power, that is how I would state it.

Jeesuz dude. 1000kWh is equivalent to 1 MWh.

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT UNITS THAT ARE THE SAME.

You are a child. Go back to junior high school.

No one thinks you have a college education.

Forum List

Back