Simple question on electric vehicles, where does the electricity to recharge them come from?

what foreign country do we buy power from?
Where do you think all the components for solar and wind power come from?
Where do you think the minerals for batteries come from?

We are going to get to a point where we will have to find replacements for fossil fuels.

Use hydro-power ... cheap, clean, only kills fish ... we have navigation dams and locks up and down the Mississippi ... only a MORON wouldn't tap into that source of electricity ...

Good information. Where can indeed more about the tipping points?
Reuters put out an article on it but as usual with the internet I can;t seemto get the original article to come up in a search just the summarized one.
Use hydro-power ... cheap, clean, only kills fish ... we have navigation dams and locks up and down the Mississippi ... only a MORON wouldn't tap into that source of electricity ...
We will not be building any large dams in this country so the current large scale hydro power we have is all we are going to have

If you research hydropower. You will find all the good spots are taken and the return on the investment is a loss.

A few other questions that you ought to get answered first.

What is the sun? Where do babies come from? Why do the leaves fall every Autumn? How are girls and boys different? What makes the wind blow? Why did you put my goldfish in the toilet? Why would people elect someone as stupid as Donald Trump?
Stupid uneducated Environmental Wacko Moon Bats run away from answering that question because they know it blows a hole in their silly Green shit.

The better question is why would anybody be so stupid as to vote for Potatohead that destroyed Trump's energy independence?

If you research hydropower. You will find all the good spots are taken and the return on the investment is a loss.

The good spots are taken up by dam and lock systems ... I understand ... turbines could be retro-fitted into the sluices ...

If you research hydro-power ... you'll see that dams don't have to be the size of Three Gorges Dam ... Booneville, The Dallas, John Day; these are only big enough so barges don't drag bottom ... so-called run-of-the-river dams, like on the Mississippi ... z ... we can generate electricity in our roof's downspouts ...

God, aren't those kids cute ... they have a certain innocence before they start paying electric bills ...

The dams are already built ... for navigation ... just add a few hydro-turbines ... have you never been to the Mississippi River? ...
The flow of water must be sufficient to spin a turbine.

if turbines could be placed along the Mississippi and operate profitably they would already be there

Mexico and Canada
just oil. The power Grid is not oil any longer. So on our grid what foreign energy do we buy from. No one.

for example, while the energy the United States produces exceeds what it consumes, countries like Canada and Mexico both buy and sell oil to the U.S. The U.S. also buys petroleum from the Middle East, for example, and sells oil to the U.K. and Japan.

Where do you think all the components for solar and wind power come from?
Where do you think the minerals for batteries come from?

We are going to get to a point where we will have to find replacements for fossil fuels.
I was referring to the energy on our power grid.

The flow of water must be sufficient to spin a turbine.

if turbines could be placed along the Mississippi and operate profitably they would already be there

I already said it's not as profitable as natural gas ... don't you read? ... it also more profitable to dump spent nuclear fuel rods in the ocean ... disable the pollution controls on your rig and you can double your gas mileage ... human blood makes a great lubricant for those looms in textile factories ... maximizing profits is how Love Canal got contaminated ...

Any other strawman arguments? ... if EVs don't make economic sense to you, don't bother ... but don't criticize me for running hydro-power into my EV ...

Do you know how a lock system works? ... "The flow of water must be sufficient" ... those shipping barges are fucking BIG ... that water will spin a turbine easy ...

I do love the "simple" question offensive from the right wing loons.

Simple question:

Where does the gas in your tank come from?

Another simple question:

Since a lot of it comes from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and other muslim nations (just like some of the electricity to charge an EV comes from renewable as well as non renewable sources) is driving a gasoline powered car a sign that you support Muslims?

A third simple question:

If you do drive, clearly you support Muslims...do you also think women should be beheaded in the public square?

I do love the "simple" question offensive from the right wing loons.

Simple question:

Where does the gas in your tank come from?

Another simple question:

Since a lot of it comes from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and other muslim nations (just like some of the electricity to charge an EV comes from renewable as well as non renewable sources) is driving a gasoline powered car a sign that you support Muslims?

A third simple question:

If you do drive, clearly you support Muslims...do you also think women should be beheaded in the public square?
such a conundrum huh?

What party won't allow drilling for american oil?

conundrum me no conundrum.

Forum List

Back