Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we can really know.

It's not hard to find out how living and economic conditions are in Botswana or any other African country without ever going there. So given that we can now see how average people live in other countries it's relatively easy to compare to them to us in America.

Per capita income in Botswana is $7,238.00, in the US it's $51,729.00. Income is primarily used to determine standard of living so it's safe to say our standard of living is much better than the country of Botswana and very possibly any other country in Africa.

In this age of technology there's no excuse for ignorance.

Let me try one more time.

I do not consider the phrase better off to mean financially. I've heard it used in many different contexts, certainly not all financial in nature.

What does "better off" mean to you?

Just what it says. I don't think of it as a specific phrase but a very general one. You can be better off choosing one style of clothing over another. You can be better off dead. And the poor can be better off than the rich if the poor live happy, fulfilling lives and the rich lead miserable ones.

Well off is the phrase I connect to money.

So when Foxy said better off, it sounded to me as though all descendents of slaves in the US have happier lives than all peoples living in the various African countries that slaves were taken from.

I forgot to read her comments in the context of the OP, my bad! :eusa_shifty:

It is WHITES who should get reparations, for lo$$e$ from 50+ years of Affirmative Action discrimination.

It should be paid by the AA supporters, not the govt

So you believe no whites have benefited from affirmative action policies?
I'm talking about the ones who have suffered from it, Mr Deflection.

The overwhelming majority who have suffered from it. And who also constitute the overwhelming majority of Americans, for 50+ years.

The overwhelming majority who have suffered from it. And who also constitute the overwhelming majority of Americans, for 50+ years.

That's a lie. For example white unemployment has consistently been below the national average while black unemployment has been double that of whites.

That's a lie. For example white unemployment has consistently been below the national average while black unemployment has been double that of whites.

For example white unemployment has consistently been below the national average while black unemployment has been double that of whites.

Whites are more qualified.

Trump changed all that though, didn't he?

No.

For example white unemployment has consistently been below the national average while black unemployment has been double that of whites.

I doubt that.

I doubt that.

Of course you do.

I doubt that.

Of course you do.

I doubt it because whites aren't more qualified.

That's not due to unfairness to blacks (who get Affirmative Action preference). That's because too many blacks are too damn lazy to study a book, get training, and get out of bed and go out and get a job.

Actually many are employed - as drug pushers, pimps, prostitutes, looters and muggers.

As for the white employment, much of it is UNDERemployment. college graduates doing menial low-paying jobs, after being discriminated against, for the college related jobs.

No.
Translation: I don't think I should have to work.

I doubt that.

Of course you do.

I doubt it because whites aren't more qualified.

Research white graduation rates versus black graduation rates.
I'll be happy to help you out with the big words.

That could be for reasons unknown. Some people, of all races, refuse to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back