So, according to what I am reading, hillary won California by around 3.5 million. lol at the left.

I must once again remind everyone, that if the overall popular vote was the goal to become president, the campaign strategies would have been much different. Thus the popular vote count would have been different.

When the Trump team mapped out their strategy to reach 270 electoral votes, they excluded the west coast and instead placed their money and effort in the swing states.

For both parties....it would have been different and Clinton still would have won the popular vote....imho.

btw, every Democratic President has won both the popular vote AND electoral college vote....

fyi- ONLY republican presidents and one whig I believe, have won the presidency with simply the electoral vote.

the candidates still go after the popular vote within each state....even with the electoral....

But please don't get me wrong, Mr Trump won the contest, through the contest rules and he will be our next president, as the contest dictates.

Clinton may have even received more for all we know.
The important thing here to remember though, is what the current strategy is. And from the Trump side California was not in play, so practically no resources were wasted there.

If the goal was popular votes, then both campaigns would have spent massive amounts of money and time in California. All high population areas would be heavily blitzed in fact. The results could have been quite different in the end.

I must once again remind everyone, that if the overall popular vote was the goal to become president, the campaign strategies would have been much different. Thus the popular vote count would have been different.

When the Trump team mapped out their strategy to reach 270 electoral votes, they excluded the west coast and instead placed their money and effort in the swing states.

For both parties....it would have been different and Clinton still would have won the popular vote....imho.

btw, every Democratic President has won both the popular vote AND electoral college vote....

fyi- ONLY republican presidents and one whig I believe, have won the presidency with simply the electoral vote.

the candidates still go after the popular vote within each state....even with the electoral....

But please don't get me wrong, Mr Trump won the contest, through the contest rules and he will be our next president, as the contest dictates.

Clinton may have even received more for all we know.
The important thing here to remember though, is what the current strategy is. And from the Trump side California was not in play, so practically no resources were wasted there.

If the goal was popular votes, then both campaigns would have spent massive amounts of money and time in California. All high population areas would be heavily blitzed in fact. The results could have been quite different in the end.
I don't know how much it would change on the liberal side in major liberal states, because it still wouldn't be worth spending lots of time in massively liberal states...they would probably still win the majority vote, like they do the elector vote....and they would have to spend more time in other strong Republican leaning states....to win more of their popular votes...

I dunno?

You are right, it would be a different strategy....

I don't want to get rid of the electoral college though, I just want it to function as it was meant to function and think we need to change it back to proportionally giving candidates electors via their pop vote in each congressional district....then the two extra electors representing Senators should give their vote to their state majority winner.

Throw out the illegal votes and the Trump rigging, HRC probably won by 6 million votes.
Illegal votes ? How much do you want to bet I can go back through all of your posts and find one that has you saying there is no such thing as voter fraud or so little it doesn't matter. It seems to be a recurring theme for you lefties or are you so much of a hypocrite that you believe that the fraud only count when it doesn't help the Democratic party.

Alaska (and I'm sure many others, like Texas) will not stand for being slave states to CA and NY. It's why Alaska ditched its "territorial" status in the 1950s - because the cannery companies in San Francisco were raping our state's resources against the will of the Alaskan population.

That would mean with the exception of California that Trump won the popular vote by 1.5 million.

Why? Cause according to sources hillary won the popular vote by around 2 million. She won California by 3.5 million?

What, what does that mean?

How Many Popular Votes Did Clinton & Trump Win in Each State?

Hillary Clinton Now Leads by 1.4 Million in History-Making Popular Vote Total

Make no mistake everyone. The left are not dropping this. They are fully trying to push mob rule. Take power away from the states and silence the rural voices.

You are seeing the fullness of their petulant spoiled ways.

If they truly want a war, I know I am ready. It may take a bloody conflict. I can assure you this. They will never admit how wrong they are. Never.

Don't forget that millions of illegals voted in California. Without the illegal vote, Trump would be up in the popular vote overall. But this is exactly why we have the EC, so when one corrupt state that willingly participates in election fraud they won't be over represented.

Had Hillary won the EC no one in the LIB controlled MSM would have ever mentioned the PV.
That's a fact.
Yep and if the Donald had won the popular vote and Hillary the EC, the hyper-partisan Democrats would have been defending the EC and denouncing the popular vote.

Hypocrites will be hypocrites.

Hypocrisy is irrelevant. The system is either right or wrong. The electoral system is wrong.

If it were right, all the governors would be elected by something like it, instead of the popular vote.
The electoral system is not wrong. The United States is a republic, not a democracy.

That would mean with the exception of California that Trump won the popular vote by 1.5 million.

Why? Cause according to sources hillary won the popular vote by around 2 million. She won California by 3.5 million?

Make no mistake everyone. The left are not dropping this. They are fully trying to push mob rule. Take power away from the states and silence the rural voices.

If they truly want a war, I know I am ready. It may take a bloody conflict. I can assure you this. They will never admit how wrong they are. Never.

Don't forget that millions of illegals voted in California. Without the illegal vote, Trump would be up in the popular vote overall. But this is exactly why we have the EC, so when one corrupt state that willingly participates in election fraud they won't be over represented.

It's been talked about a lot, but do we have actual proof that illegals voted in large #'s?

Throw out the illegal votes and the Trump rigging, HRC probably won by 6 million votes.
Illegal votes ? How much do you want to bet I can go back through all of your posts and find one that has you saying there is no such thing as voter fraud or so little it doesn't matter. It seems to be a recurring theme for you lefties or are you so much of a hypocrite that you believe that the fraud only count when it doesn't help the Democratic party.
How much do you want me to go back through your votes yelling about voter fraud.

I don't think there is voter fraud or illegal votes, but if there is, I believe it's for Trump.

The days of the voter fraud rants by the alt right having any legitimacy are over.

Don't forget you are a lunatic and your comment is alt right fascist propaganda.

It's been talked about a lot, but do we have actual proof that illegals voted in large #'s?

CA automatically registers people with a drivers license. Illegals are allowed to get a license. Can they prove all their voters are citizens? Until they can, popular vote doesn't mean shit.

CA automatically registers people with a drivers license. Illegals are allowed to get a license. Can they prove all their voters are citizens? Until they can, popular vote doesn't mean shit.
Show us 15 cases of fraud voting then. But you can't, because CA requires documentation proving a registrant is legal if he wants to vote. The illegal does not have that documentation, so all he gets is a license.

You guys are such propaganda fools used by the fascist far right.

Doesn't matter.... the POTUS is elected by the States (through the EC) not the people and last time I checked California was still a member state in the U.S. Republic.

The founders were indeed wise to attempt to insulate the selection of the Chief Executive from the pitfalls of Democracy and the Tyranny of the Majority, unfortunately too many Americans have come to believe that Democracy > Individual Liberty and thus would happily give up the latter if the majority dictated it.

tyranny of the majority. Majority rule is the cornerstone of democracy.

That's why it has worked so well in the past. You're a moron.

How much do you want me to go back through your votes yelling about voter fraud.

I don't think there is voter fraud or illegal votes, but if there is, I believe it's for Trump.

The days of the voter fraud rants by the alt right having any legitimacy are over.
You just proved my point hypocrite have a nice day.

Doesn't matter.... the POTUS is elected by the States (through the EC) not the people and last time I checked California was still a member state in the U.S. Republic.

The founders were indeed wise to attempt to insulate the selection of the Chief Executive from the pitfalls of Democracy and the Tyranny of the Majority, unfortunately too many Americans have come to believe that Democracy > Individual Liberty and thus would happily give up the latter if the majority dictated it.

Says a leading moron of the Board. The argument between whether it is best to be a Republic or a Democracy rests solely on whose side it serves best. :funnyface:

Both dems and pubs have no integrity on this issue. Their arguments are based solely on the quest for power.

But . . . Trump is the POTUS-elect unless a recount in MI, WI, and PA says differently.

You just proved my point hypocrite have a nice day.
:funnyface:

Last edited:

Says a leading moron of the Board. The argument between whether it is best to be a Republic or a Democracy rests solely on whose side it serves best.

Both dems and pubs have no integrity on this issue. Their arguments are based solely on the quest for power.

But . . . Trump is the POTUS-elect unless a recount in MI, WI, and PA says differently.

A Republic serves the MINORITY. You know, like when you and your asshats say "hey, that black dude has a nice car! I want it. He doesn't deserve it! Let's vote on taking it away from him!" And the rest of your sycophants all chime in. THAT is a democracy. On the other hand in a Republic you asshats try and do that and the lone black guy says..."ummmmmm, no. You can't take that away from him just because you want to!"

See how that works? Stupid lazy pricks, like you, love a democracy because it makes legalized theft real easy. A Republic though, protects that black man.

Says a leading moron of the Board. The argument between whether it is best to be a Republic or a Democracy rests solely on whose side it serves best.

A Republic serves the MINORITY. You know, like when you and your asshats say "hey, that black dude has a nice car! I want it. He doesn't deserve it! Let's vote on taking it away from him!" And the rest of your sycophants all chime in. THAT is a democracy. On the other hand in a Republic you asshats try and do that and the lone black guy says..."ummmmmm, no. You can't take that away from him just because you want to!"

See how that works? Stupid lazy pricks, like you, love a democracy because it makes legalized theft real easy. A Republic though, protects that black man.
I believe in a Republic, you bed wetting ass hat. And I do say that in the gentlest way. I actually believe in the EC, whereas you don't care you, little wuss: you just want power. :funnyface:

I believe in a Republic, you bed wetting ass hat. And I do say that in the gentlest way. I actually believe in the EC, whereas you don't care you, little wuss: you just want power. :funnyface:

Fakey jakey, I don't think you have a clue what you believe dude. You just do what your masters tell you. If you actually believed what you just said you wouldn't be whining that the shrilary won the popular vote. Now would you. Looks like it's you who are the dumb ass here clown boy.

Forum List

Back