So, apparently I'm a Paulbot

Never heard of her.

Attachments

• $isidewith.jpg
    $isidewith.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 52
But as for the libertarian view, I definitely don't consider myself a libertarian, though maybe I come close on alot of issues. Perhaps the biggest problem for me is that the libertarian perspective tends to anchor itself on absolutes that I simply cannot accept at all times. Libertarians will celebrate a house burning down and a family becoming homeless while a for-profit fire fighting company sits around and watches, because the family losing their home wasn't a paid member of their club.

Sad the crazy things liberal bloggers have convinced you to be the truth.

This is right up there with "Let 'em die!".

Inthemiddle, out of curiosity, where did you get the idea that libertarians celebrate misfortune?

It's just sad that he has such a low opinion of humanity and americans more specifically. To truly think the only reason firefighters save people's lives is because an all moral, all knowing gov't forces them too.

You need to open your mind, and stop type-casting people when they disagree with you once or twice.

i dont mind if u do i read some of ur posts and just didnt get the libertarian view, shoot me for not seeing it, i didnt insult u or even say anything negative directed at u personally.

Actually, my mistake, misquote. I have KWC on ignore, so quoted your post to construct a quote by which to respond to him.

But as for the libertarian view, I definitely don't consider myself a libertarian, though maybe I come close on alot of issues. Perhaps the biggest problem for me is that the libertarian perspective tends to anchor itself on absolutes that I simply cannot accept at all times. Libertarians will celebrate a house burning down and a family becoming homeless while a for-profit fire fighting company sits around and watches, because the family losing their home wasn't a paid member of their club.

thnank u for clearing that up. hopefully we will talk more often.

This was fun. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not. I'd like to think that this could quell all the BS about me being a raging lefty, but most people here are too deranged in their political mindset. So, who wants to post their results?

This is one of those bogus polls you see once in a while which attempts to make you believe that most Americans are Libertarians.

It is revealing in what it does not ask.

More than 90 percent of Americans' alignment with Ron Paul would drop dramatically if it asked their opinions on the Libertarians more controversial beliefs.

For instance, "Do you believe we should eliminate the FDA?"

"Do you believe we should shrink our military down to the strength of a cub scout troop?"

"Do you believe crack cocaine should be legalized?"

"Do you believe we should eliminate the Federal Reserve?"

"Do you believe we should eliminate all gun control laws?"

"Do you believe we should end all federal environmental regulations?"

"Do you believe we should end all federal workplace safety regulations?"

"Do you believe we should eliminate all federal laws forbidding child labor in factories?"

And so forth.

A classic push poll.

There is no Libertarian revolution except in their own heads.

Last edited:
Havent' taken the quiz but there's one thing I agree with Paul on for sure - that Mittens should come clean, show a little integrity and release his friggin tax returns.

That was kinda cool. I really tried not to game the questions, just answered honestly. Not surprised by moist of the results except 90% Mitt...that was much higher than I expected.

I side with Ron Paul on most issues in the 2012 Presidential Election.

Candidates you side with...

96% Ron Paul on economic, healthcare, domestic policy, foreign policy, immigration, social, and science issues.

95% Gary Johnson on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, foreign policy, science, and social issues.

90% Mitt Romney on economic, healthcare, domestic policy, foreign policy, immigration, environmental, and social issues.

7% Barack Obama no major issues.

96% Libertarian
90% Republican
7% Democratic
6% Green

You need to open your mind, and stop type-casting people when they disagree with you once or twice.

i dont mind if u do i read some of ur posts and just didnt get the libertarian view, shoot me for not seeing it, i didnt insult u or even say anything negative directed at u personally.

Actually, my mistake, misquote. I have KWC on ignore, so quoted your post to construct a quote by which to respond to him.

What an utter pussy! She has me on ignore, yet wants to respond to my posts. Chickenshit!!! Please, someone quote me so ontheleft can see it and construct a reply. :lol:

93%
Ron Paul

on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, immigration, foreign policy, and social issues.

91%
Gary Johnson

on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, science, foreign policy, and social issues.

88%
Mitt Romney

on economic, domestic policy, immigration, environmental, social, and healthcare issues.

15%
Barack Obama

no major issues.

80%
Colorado Voters

on domestic policy, economic, and immigration issues.

80%
American Voters

on domestic policy, economic, and immigration issues.

This was fun. I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not. I'd like to think that this could quell all the BS about me being a raging lefty, but most people here are too deranged in their political mindset. So, who wants to post their results?

This is one of those bogus polls you see once in a while which attempts to make you believe that most Americans are Libertarians.

More than 90 percent of Americans' alignment with Ron Paul would drop dramatically if it asked their opinions on the Libertarians more controversial beliefs.

"Do you believe we should shrink our military down to the strength of a cub scout troop?"

"Do you believe we should eliminate all federal laws forbidding child labor in factories?"

And so forth.

A classic push poll.

There are times we agree, and then there are times like these.

You know full well that your 'questions' are total bullshit.

If they aren't, please post the links that support what you assert.

Do you believe we should eliminate the FDA?

If not, you are not a Paulbot.

Do you believe we should shrink our military down to the strength of a cub scout troop?

Do you believe crack cocaine should be legalized?

Do you believe we should eliminate the Federal Reserve?

Do you believe we should eliminate all gun control laws?

Do you believe we should end all federal environmental regulations?

Do you believe we should end all federal workplace safety regulations?

Do you believe we should end all federal income taxes?

Do you believe we should repeal the 17th Amendment?

Do you believe we should eliminate all federal laws forbidding child labor in factories?

I would bet hard money that most of you answered in the negative on at least 90 percent of these questions.

And so forth.

A classic push poll.

There are times we agree, and then there are times like these.

You know full well that your 'questions' are total bullshit.

If they aren't, please post the links that support what you assert.

Ask any Liberatarian. I've been around them for nearly four decades. I know exactly what their aims are, and these are them.

Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government

What an utter pussy! She has me on ignore, yet wants to respond to my posts. Chickenshit!!! Please, someone quote me so ontheleft can see it and construct a reply. :lol:
^

And so forth.

A classic push poll.

I would imagine there would be a lot more people registered Libertarian if the two-party system didn't discourage voting third party/independent so much.

And since when does eliminating federal control over something mean getting rid of ALL controls? Most of the programs/laws you suggested libertarians want to do away with are only suggested to be controlled by either the private sector or state/local governments.

We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition.

https://www.lp.org/files/LP Platform 2012.pdf

We support repeal of laws that impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws, so-called “protective” labor legislation for women and children, & governmental restrictions on the establishment of private day-care centers. We deplore government-fostered forced retirement, which robs the elderly of the right to work. We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and “aid to the poor” programs.

Libertarian Party on Jobs

We should replace harmful government agencies like the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) with more agile, free-market alternatives.

Healthcare | Libertarian Party

And since when does eliminating federal control over something mean getting rid of ALL controls? Most of the programs/laws you suggested libertarians want to do away with are only suggested to be controlled by either the private sector or state/local governments.

We tried that experiment. The FDA was not created in a vacuum. We know what happens when companies "police themselves". They had their chance and killed a lot of people. Thus, the FDA.

Forum List

Back