So, is Trump breaking a few eggs or burning down the kitchen?

The posse may be getting too close. If you want to stymie an investigation, firing the director of the body investigating you is a sure way to do it.

If the reasoning is that it just "took time" to replace him, much larger governmental organizations had new leadership appointed and confirmed by the Senate... that excuse doesn't hold water.

In the meantime, watch the FBI start leaking like a sieve for the way they did Comey.

Doubt it. It's odd how you continue the lie when ther is none.

ZygliA20170511A_low.jpg

Well, yesterday - the day after Comey's firing - sure was interesting. Most of the media was in hysterics, Rush was positively giddy, CNN was talking about the literal end of our republic as we know it, and of course Fox didn't notice anything unusual happening.

As for me, my personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is creating absolute chaos at a level somehow far beyond everything I had feared, opening the door for the "progressives" (ha) in the Democratic party to take back control before long, and before the party can first go through its badly-needed Reformation. Wild, insane swings, back and forth, the last thing we need right now.

They say "you have to break a few eggs to make the omelette", and holy shit, I don't see any intact eggs anywhere and I'm definitely smelling smoke.

So how about you? Is this what you expected (good or bad), or have we managed to go beyond your expectations (good or bad)?

Chaos ? Stop panicking. Take a deep breath and relax. See, the news guys on cable have to keep you scared so you will watch their news channel. It would be best to hold any news report on TV in the same reguards as a young teens excuse for being out all night. There is no chaos. Just folks being manipulated with their emotions.

There is also no FBI director since, you know, there was no planning involved in the firing…. It would be news if there was a day that didn’t involve chaos at the White House.

I don't fault him for firing Comey. What begs questions is the timing. It seems that everywhere you turn Trump is firing someone connected to the the Russian investigation. It could mean nothing but the perception will invite conspiracy theories throughout his term.
I mentioned on another thread that, under normal circumstances, you would think that the President had thought it through, weighed the pros and the cons, including whether the person he's firing could come back and ruin him.

But I'm just not seeing that kind of pragmatism out of the White House so far.

So true. It seems poorly thought out at best.
When looking at the whole picture, the president's actions seem insane.

Yates testifies. Her testimony is clear and concise and raised serious questions about the president's judgement regarding Flynn.

Two days later, without warning to anyone, including his own staff, the president fires Comey sending our institutions into a chaotic uproar.

The very next day, the president meets with the Russian Foreign Minister at the WH and only the Russian media is admitted.

Add in all of the incidentals like the Obama warnings on Flynn, the fact that Comey had requested additional resources for the investigation, Sessions making a recommendation despite his recusal, the WH staff leaking stories of total chaos at the WH, Spicer hiding in the bushes to avoid questions and the Senate Intel Cmte just yesterday sent a subpoena for Flynn's documents and it certainly creates a picture of insanity.

I like how Trump insisted a statement commending Comey for saying "three times" that he was not under investigation

Something Comey has refused to say

That was just bizarre to include that. You know Trump insisted that be included.

You were a HORRIBLE FBI Director.......except when you claimed I was not under investigation

The posse may be getting too close. If you want to stymie an investigation, firing the director of the body investigating you is a sure way to do it.

If the reasoning is that it just "took time" to replace him, much larger governmental organizations had new leadership appointed and confirmed by the Senate... that excuse doesn't hold water.

Not really. Trump isn't under any investigation. That is a fact/ those who were (Mike Flynn) are gone and those who thought their may be issues stopped trying to get jobs. And Comey was not investigating shit. He sat at a desk and went on TV. That's all. This is why all this hyperbole. This investigation is dying. Look, you libs are acting like Republicans did after Half Black Jesus was elected. Given time Trump will step on his dick and be in real trouble. If you really believe Russia hacked everyone's brains and made them not like Hillary, are you all not being Russia's Little munchkins?

Not really. Trump isn't under any investigation. That is a fact/ those who were (Mike Flynn) are gone and those who thought their may be issues stopped trying to get jobs. And Comey was not investigating shit. He sat at a desk and went on TV. That's all. This is why all this hyperbole. This investigation is dying. Look, you libs are acting like Republicans did after Half Black Jesus was elected. Given time Trump will step on his dick and be in real trouble. If you really believe Russia hacked everyone's brains and made them not like Hillary, are you all not being Russia's Little munchkins?

Exactly, libs are now in desperation mode and throwing everything at the wall in a white seething rage. Its funny and embarrassing to watch.

Well, yesterday - the day after Comey's firing - sure was interesting. Most of the media was in hysterics, Rush was positively giddy, CNN was talking about the literal end of our republic as we know it, and of course Fox didn't notice anything unusual happening.

As for me, my personal nightmare scenario is playing out in real time: Trump is creating absolute chaos at a level somehow far beyond everything I had feared, opening the door for the "progressives" (ha) in the Democratic party to take back control before long, and before the party can first go through its badly-needed Reformation. Wild, insane swings, back and forth, the last thing we need right now.

They say "you have to break a few eggs to make the omelette", and holy shit, I don't see any intact eggs anywhere and I'm definitely smelling smoke.

So how about you? Is this what you expected (good or bad), or have we managed to go beyond your expectations (good or bad)?

Chaos ? Stop panicking. Take a deep breath and relax. See, the news guys on cable have to keep you scared so you will watch their news channel. It would be best to hold any news report on TV in the same reguards as a young teens excuse for being out all night. There is no chaos. Just folks being manipulated with their emotions.

There is also no FBI director since, you know, there was no planning involved in the firing…. It would be news if there was a day that didn’t involve chaos at the White House.

No planning ? Okay, I don't believe for a second you are just a kid, but that was a very naive remarke. This foreign was planned alright. I do not like how it was done at all. Asshole or not, Comey was a professional, even if he sucked at his job. Instead of this being handlethe way adults do it he was fired like some guy who delivers pizza. That was wrong, but still needed to happen. The Russia investigation was the last hope for now. Likely, it was coming to an end anyway. That's why all the drama now.

I think your problem is you have no trust in Trump. Everything else emanates from that.
I have no trust in Trump.

That does not, however, have anything to do with the optics nor judgment nor arrogance nor incompetency attributable to this Administration.
Obviously it does, or you wouldn't feel that way. Your opinion colors your perceptions.

The left lived off of a positive perception of Obama, or to put it another way, they were wearing Rose-Colored Glasses.
To wit; Everything Obama did must have had a good reason.

However, you've swallowed the media's false narrative that everything Trump does has to have been for a bad reason.

When it came to Obama, sending billions of our tax dollars to Iran, a known terrorist state and sworn enemy, must have had some justification.
But Trump fires his FBI director for incompetence and you feel he did a terrible thing.

James Comey was roundly criticized for handing Trump the election. He had zero credibility. His approvals were down at the level of the US Congress and serial killers.
Now that he's gone he's supposedly been unfairly sacked by a president that you idiots think is under investigation.
Oh...poor James Comey. Let's give him an award now.
Of course my opinion colors my perception.

Your opinion colors your perception, as well.

Dog bites Man.

That's a Gimme... obvious.

But the perception that the Trump Administration is optics-blind and arrogant and dissembling and opaque and incompetent, is well-founded in evidence, since January 20, 2017.

You just haven't come to grips yet, that you backed a charlatan and shell-game flim-flam man, who is incapable of delivering on his promises, and who has no center of gravity.

I, for one, am totally in favor of harsh pursuit of Illegal Aliens, and aggressive pursuit of better trade deals, and to stop screwing-around with several foreign powers.

Your boy, however, and his demagogic autocratic tendencies and self-aggrandizing and self-enriching misuse of power, was predictable, and far too high a price to pay.
And thus you prove my point.
We prove each others' point... namely, that opinions color perceptions... not exactly news, eh?
Apparently it is.
Some of us are unable to accept the truth.

It is not a fact that Trump is not under investigation

Despite Trump's lies.....Comey never said it

Exactly, libs are now in desperation mode and throwing everything at the wall in a white seething rage. Its funny and embarrassing to watch.

And think back to Bammer's coronation, Fox News looked like it was actually forehead vein TV they were so annoyed. Many republicans were flailing. All of them are gone and Obama did his 8. Same will happen here. They need to get over it or they will only make Trump stronger.

This whole Comey issue has become Nixonian in only 24 short hours.

And even the Nixon Library staff has tweeted that even Nixon never fired an FBI director.

It is not a fact that Trump is not under investigation

Despite Trump's lies.....Comey never said it

It's a fact till you show otherwise. You can not and you won't just like the last guy who said what you did. Trump is NOT under investigation. Trump him self WAS NOT under investigation for collusion with Russia and you can show nothing that says Donald Trump was or it under investigation. That's a fact.

No planning ?
Correct. Comey found out on television.

Okay, I don’t believe for a second you are just a kid, but that was a very naive remarke.
I can’t believe you cannot correctly spell the word “remark”.
This foreign was planned alright.
Another hit!
I do not like how it was done at all. Asshole or not, Comey was a professional, even if he sucked at his job. Instead of this being handlethe way adults do it he was fired like some guy who delivers pizza. That was wrong, but still needed to happen. The Russia investigation was the last hope for now. Likely, it was coming to an end anyway. That's why all the drama now.

Someday you’ll either run out of bullets or toes.

This whole Comey issue has become Nixonian in only 24 short hours.

And even the Nixon Library staff has tweeted that even Nixon never fired an FBI director.

Hillary's thing was more Nixonion as her thing involved lots of lying. This Trump thing is something else. Apples and oranges.

thanks for the chuckle…

I’m enjoying watching the chaos and daily circus from the White House.

Forum List

Back