So much for Republicans being at the forefront of civil rights in the 60

Lewis knew exactly what he was doing, a political baiting for Trump, who of course fell for it.

Trump is messing up his Inauguration Week because he can't be held in anything but the most high awe of his subjects.

That right there. ^^

"A man you can bait with a tweet". And literally keep him up all night.

The far right of the GOP is as bad as the Dems were in the 1940s.
Dems in the 40's? You mean when they were filled with right wing Southern confederate conservatives?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a right wing Southern Confederate conservative?

Interesting juxtaposition, that.

FDR in fact chiseled the first crack into that right wing Southern Confederate conservative chokehold, by using the peak of his influence to get his party's rules changed (1936) from a two-thirds majority to a simple majority so that that right wing Southern Confederate conservative bloc could no longer obstruct civil rights convention rhetoric, as they had in for example 1924.

Next convention they had after WW2 was over, the party made so much civil rights noises the right wing Southern Confederate conservatives couldn't dig, that the latter walked out and ran their own guy, just as they had in 1860. Next time Thurmond ran for Senate he found himself without a political party and had to run as a write-in. Three years after that, LBJ the Majority Leader finagled a civil rights bill, doing an end-around and outsmarting those right wing Southern Confederate conservatives. Seven years later he divorced them altogether.

FDR got that ball rolling.

Donald Trump, the new leader of the Republican Party, vilifying John Lewis, a black man who actually fought for civil rights in the 60's.
I guess John Lewis gets a pass on being an asshole for the rest of his life.

So, he marched with MLK 56 years ago and that means it's okay for him to encourage people to murder cops and burn down businesses?

He said he didn't think Trump was legitimate. That's the same thing Trump said about Obama.
Trump was a mere citizen when he said that, not an elected official. Bit of a difference.

Oh really. So that was a different guy huh?
Kinda like Grover Cleveland the 22nd President was a whole different guy from Grover Cleveland the 24th President?
Same person, different scope. A person not affiliated with a company can say all kinds of things about the company's executive staff, with no impact. If that person becomes an officer of that company, however, his comments take on a lot more impact. You do see that, right?

Donald Trump, the new leader of the Republican Party, vilifying John Lewis, a black man who actually fought for civil rights in the 60's.
So because democrats beat him fifty years ago in their fight against civil rights, no one can respond yo him when he attacks them?

And what exactly about trumps response villified anyone?

Your denial would be funny if it weren't so commonplace on the Right nowadays. That makes it simply boring.

I didn't deny anything. I asked questions which you dodged

So you can't criticized him after his inane comments because he was part Civil Rights Movement? How did his big loudmouth ass get that immunity?

Trump believes Obama was not a legitimate president. Lewis believes Trump is not legitimate.

Go ahead. Say they're both full of shit.

Where did trump claim Obama was illegitimate?

Uh -- HELLO ... have you been sleeping under a rock?

Screen-Shot-2015-07-08-at-8.38.46-PM.png

---- or is this now an "unevent" that never happened and has since been condemned to the Memory Hole, which of course has never existed?

:banghead:
So you can't criticized him after his inane comments because he was part Civil Rights Movement? How did his big loudmouth ass get that immunity?

Trump believes Obama was not a legitimate president. Lewis believes Trump is not legitimate.

---- or is this now an "unevent" that never happened and has since been condemned to the Memory Hole, which of course has never existed?

I see nothing about him being illegitimate in that statement.

So because democrats beat him fifty years ago in their fight against civil rights, no one can respond yo him when he attacks them?

And what exactly about trumps response villified anyone?

If you're grandfather was a serial killer, are you responsible for his crimes?

No. But what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I guess John Lewis gets a pass on being an asshole for the rest of his life.

So, he marched with MLK 56 years ago and that means it's okay for him to encourage people to murder cops and burn down businesses?

He said he didn't think Trump was legitimate. That's the same thing Trump said about Obama.
Trump was a mere citizen when he said that, not an elected official. Bit of a difference.

Oh really. So that was a different guy huh?
Kinda like Grover Cleveland the 22nd President was a whole different guy from Grover Cleveland the 24th President?
Same person, different scope. A person not affiliated with a company can say all kinds of things about the company's executive staff, with no impact. If that person becomes an officer of that company, however, his comments take on a lot more impact. You do see that, right?

So you're saying Donald John Trump, and Donald John Trump ---- are NOT the same guy huh?

:dig:

Check your Constitutional requirements for POTUS. Wanna borrow mine?

*STILL* waiting on 149.....

It appears this isn't the first time John Lewis protested an inauguration of a Republican president.
He did it to Bush too......claiming that Bush wasn't the real president.

C2UHngBVEAEBLew.jpg:large

Apparently John Lewis only thinks that Democrats can be legitimate presidents.

Last edited:

In other words, he never actually said anything of the sort.

And you can wait all you want. Read a history book. I'm tired of you leftists expecting us to continually prove to you what happened when all it takes is a modicum of effort to find out for yourself. Especially when we do prove it, you ignore the evidence and keep pretending it doesn't exists.

And btw I asked two legitimate questions that require no citations to answer in my first response. They have yet to be answered.

Does the fact that democrats beat Lewis during the civil rights movement mean that he is thereby immune from anyone responding to him when he attacks them?

Why?

How did trumps statement in any way vilify Lewis? Certainly not how I would have answered but vilify? Come on.

In other words, he never actually said anything of the sort.

Oh yeah he did. That's a real tweet. And a real story that he was on that rampage for literally years.
Sorry, simply going on a message board and denying its existence doesn't make it not-have-happened.

As I said the first time --- you been living under a rock not to know about that?

And you can wait all you want. Read a history book. I'm tired of you leftists expecting us to continually prove to you what happened when all it takes is a modicum of effort to find out for yourself. Especially when we do prove it, you ignore the evidence and keep pretending it doesn't exists.

I already did, and it's not there.
Matter of fact I cited two examples where he did the opposite got civil rights bills through IN SPITE OF filibusters, 1957 and 1964. You made the assertion ---- it's ***YOUR*** job to back it up---- not mine.

Now once again --- WHEN did LBJ lead a filibuster against a civil rights bill?

And btw I asked two legitimate questions that require no citations to answer in my first response. They have yet to be answered.

Does the fact that democrats beat Lewis during the civil rights movement mean that he is thereby immune from anyone responding to him when he attacks them?

No.

Why what? Why won't you answer post 149? Good question.

How did trumps statement in any way vilify Lewis? Certainly not how I would have answered but vilify? Come on.

I haven't used the word "vilify". Not my assertion, not my burden.

149. We sit, and we wait.

It appears this isn't the first time John Lewis protested an inauguration of a Republican president.
He did it to Bush too......claiming that Bush wasn't the real president.

C2UHngBVEAEBLew.jpg:large

Apparently John Lewis only thinks that Democrats can be legitimate presidents.

No, apparently he doesn't accept the legitimacy of presidents elected with the assistance of criminal enterprises.

Lewis knew exactly what he was doing, a political baiting for Trump, who of course fell for it.

Trump is messing up his Inauguration Week because he can't be held in anything but the most high awe of his subjects.

That right there. ^^

Yeah...a tweet is just terrible compared to throwing critics in jail like Obama has (Dinesh De'Sousa), or harassing them with the IRS like Obama has, or going to the UN against Israel like Obama has.

That right there. ^^

Yeah...a tweet is just terrible compared to throwing critics in jail like Obama has (Dinesh De'Sousa), or harassing them with the IRS like Obama has, or going to the UN against Israel like Obama has.

Obama did what to whom? D'Sousa? lolol

Forum List

Back