So proud of black people now....its about time!!

Bullshit. I'm white and have no problem with blacks loving and appreciating themselves. It is the calls for violence and segregation I have a problem with. Appreciation of the black panthers makes me wonder if I should support for the kkk. Six of one, half doz. of the other. We should be Americans; not black or white people.
Those calls for violence and segregation is in direct response to the continued racism. If whites had gotten their act together when Blacks won their freedom their would be no issues today. Instead whites have done everything in their power to keep Blacks down legally and illegally.
Is it too late, then, for us ever to work together?
When whites and Blacks work together historically, mysteriously Blacks come out holding the short end of the stick. I personally dont want to work with whites. This is something Blacks have to do on their own. Too many Blacks feel "good whites" mean that the rest can be converted into non racists. I personally dont think thats possible but its not really my concern. I think our efforts should be based on building a foundation of being Black and loving that without white involvement. If you want to work towards educating other whites and correcting the behavior of racist whites be my guest. Once whites can accept Blacks as equals and not view us with fear and feel insecure, then and only then can we work together. I'm not holding my breath though.
In my 61 years on earth, I have learned a lot about the human condition. It stuns me to say this, but I believe you are probably right. I have my doubts that races can work together as equals.

Sigh.

Mark
Races can and have worked together as equals. Only the white race seems to have a problem with this dynamic.

At some point in our history, we have got to stop allowing white culture, white media and whites as a whole to define us and who we are. At some point, black people are gonna have to come to terms with what is real in our communities and address it. But we will do this not because white people want it, but because we want it. The one lesson I have learned in my 60 years of being on this planet, that this value hold we've always held up with whites, is just a myth.....I've learned that some of the most pathetic creatures ever created come in white skin and end with fine hair. I still can't believe how brain washed we all were thinking these people were better....in reality, they are not!!
Thank god I had a head start. Before I was infiltrated with the white lies in school I attended a NOI school. That made me question everything I learned in public school about whites. Now white people cant tell me any bullshit without me laughing at them since I know the truth.

What is the truth your were taught in the "NOI" school? What is an NOI school?

Mark
Nation of Islam.

The truth I was taught is that whites will do anything to appear superior including changing the historical record, omitting things from the historical record, and use marketing to convince you they are telling the truth.

How do you know that they are telling you the truth? You do realize that racist whites teach their children about blacks in the same way.

Mark
Research. Tell me this. Why would I doubt what a Black person tells me and believe what a white person tells me when whites have been caught in too many lies to count?

As humans, we all lie. I don't believe one group lies more than the other.

Mark

From Beyonce, to last nights Grammy's, to BLM....finally black people are understanding that black love is what matters most to all of us. That until we embrace self love and appreciation nothing else matters. White people will hate you for it, but the community will support and be there for you. The fake weave industry brings in 1 billion a year, we could take that money and support our people if need be......we have your backs, relax and keep going strong against injustices in this country.
The grammy's? People still watch that? I listen to classical music, I think if more black people listened to classical music then people with talent and merit would be noticed. If you really think the people at the Grammys are talented then I feel sorry for you. But as shown in the article I posted most black composers want to be reconized on merit alone instead of being identified by a race, because people assume that a black composer should sound a certain way. The Asian cultures went through this as well, but have broken through with incredible music and talented musicians and composers. The black communities for some reason or other really do not notice or listen to it. But I think you should listen to some of these composers, I think it would inspire young black musicians to become more than what a mainstream artist is, most mainstream artists are forgotten after a few generations yet classical composers with talent become immortal and listened to long after the all the faddish music turns to dust.

If you don't know who William Grant Still is, I feel sorry for you. Open you ears to more then that mainstream crap!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/1...s-discuss-the-role-of-race.html?referer=&_r=0

Bullshit. I'm white and have no problem with blacks loving and appreciating themselves. It is the calls for violence and segregation I have a problem with. Appreciation of the black panthers makes me wonder if I should support for the kkk. Six of one, half doz. of the other. We should be Americans; not black or white people.
Those calls for violence and segregation is in direct response to the continued racism. If whites had gotten their act together when Blacks won their freedom their would be no issues today. Instead whites have done everything in their power to keep Blacks down legally and illegally.
When whites and Blacks work together historically, mysteriously Blacks come out holding the short end of the stick. I personally dont want to work with whites. This is something Blacks have to do on their own. Too many Blacks feel "good whites" mean that the rest can be converted into non racists. I personally dont think thats possible but its not really my concern. I think our efforts should be based on building a foundation of being Black and loving that without white involvement. If you want to work towards educating other whites and correcting the behavior of racist whites be my guest. Once whites can accept Blacks as equals and not view us with fear and feel insecure, then and only then can we work together. I'm not holding my breath though.
In my 61 years on earth, I have learned a lot about the human condition. It stuns me to say this, but I believe you are probably right. I have my doubts that races can work together as equals.

Sigh.

Mark
Races can and have worked together as equals. Only the white race seems to have a problem with this dynamic.
According to science, there are really only 3 races on earth. White, Asian, and black.

Are you talking about specific groups in races?

Mark

Sigh.

Mark
According to science, there are really only 3 races on earth. White, Asian, and black.

Mark
Thats not science. Thats white racism. Science says there is only one race.

If you are unable to move on because you don't know who you are, what is the solution?

Mark
Do like I did and not only find out who you are but view with suspicion everything whites have taught you about what it means to be Black/African. Once you see all the lies, omissions, and obvious attempts by whites to promote the the idea of white superiority you get an idea of how fragile the psyche of the white race is. You start questioning everything and you marvel at the staying power of your beautiful Black race. Then you begin to rebuild. Thats occurring as we speak.

I tend not to listen to those around me, but I do seek facts to ascertain reality. I know that blacks claimed that they are unfairly targeted by society, and thats why their crime rate is so much higher than the norm.

Sounds logical. However, there is one statistic that skews that perception. Murder. If the reality was that blacks are targeted more, how do you explain the murder rates among blacks?

In order to be targeted for the crime of murder, you need a victim, and since there are indeed victims, why would the murder rate skew so heavily toward the blacks?

And if the murder rate does skew towards blacks, it makes me question just how much discrimination plays into the other crime statistics.

Mark
How do you know what are facts and what is fiction? Whites have been caught in so many historical lies they no longer have any credibility.

Its simplistic to say the Black crime rate is high just because Blacks are unfairly targeted. That ultimately be a major cause but it also has a lot to do with what I spoke of before. Not knowing who we are as a people. Anyone with a simple grasp of psychology can tell you what happens when you destroy a peoples foundation and devalue them for centuries. They begin to hate and devalue themselves. There is a segment of Black that is still suffering from this. However, that is changing as Blacks are beginning to understand the folly in accepting white lies and statistics.

"They begin to hate and devalue themselves"

Excellent post. I am not sure that "fighting the establishment" will get your intended results however.

Mark
You dont understand group dynamics then. People bonding together to fight anything promotes unity and awareness.

I understand the bond, but to what end? If you don't want to live in a white mans society, what do you alter it to to make it your own?

Remember, the country still has a government, and still makes the laws based on majority rule.

Mark

From Beyonce, to last nights Grammy's, to BLM....finally black people are understanding that black love is what matters most to all of us. That until we embrace self love and appreciation nothing else matters. White people will hate you for it, but the community will support and be there for you. The fake weave industry brings in 1 billion a year, we could take that money and support our people if need be......we have your backs, relax and keep going strong against injustices in this country.
The grammy's? People still watch that? I listen to classical music, I think if more black people listened to classical music then people with talent and merit would be noticed. If you really think the people at the Grammys are talented then I feel sorry for you. But as shown in the article I posted most black composers want to be reconized on merit alone instead of being identified by a race, because people assume that a black composer should sound a certain way. The Asian cultures went through this as well, but have broken through with incredible music and talented musicians and composers. The black communities for some reason or other really do not notice or listen to it. But I think you should listen to some of these composers, I think it would inspire young black musicians to become more than what a mainstream artist is, most mainstream artists are forgotten after a few generations yet classical composers with talent become immortal and listened to long after the all the faddish music turns to dust.

If you don't know who William Grant Still is, I feel sorry for you. Open you ears to more then that mainstream crap!

Great Divide at the Concert Hall

There is nothing classical about "classical music". I think talent is in the ear of the beholder.

Do like I did and not only find out who you are but view with suspicion everything whites have taught you about what it means to be Black/African. Once you see all the lies, omissions, and obvious attempts by whites to promote the the idea of white superiority you get an idea of how fragile the psyche of the white race is. You start questioning everything and you marvel at the staying power of your beautiful Black race. Then you begin to rebuild. Thats occurring as we speak.

I tend not to listen to those around me, but I do seek facts to ascertain reality. I know that blacks claimed that they are unfairly targeted by society, and thats why their crime rate is so much higher than the norm.

Sounds logical. However, there is one statistic that skews that perception. Murder. If the reality was that blacks are targeted more, how do you explain the murder rates among blacks?

In order to be targeted for the crime of murder, you need a victim, and since there are indeed victims, why would the murder rate skew so heavily toward the blacks?

And if the murder rate does skew towards blacks, it makes me question just how much discrimination plays into the other crime statistics.

Mark
How do you know what are facts and what is fiction? Whites have been caught in so many historical lies they no longer have any credibility.

Its simplistic to say the Black crime rate is high just because Blacks are unfairly targeted. That ultimately be a major cause but it also has a lot to do with what I spoke of before. Not knowing who we are as a people. Anyone with a simple grasp of psychology can tell you what happens when you destroy a peoples foundation and devalue them for centuries. They begin to hate and devalue themselves. There is a segment of Black that is still suffering from this. However, that is changing as Blacks are beginning to understand the folly in accepting white lies and statistics.

Excellent post. I am not sure that "fighting the establishment" will get your intended results however.

Mark
You dont understand group dynamics then. People bonding together to fight anything promotes unity and awareness.

I understand the bond, but to what end? If you don't want to live in a white mans society, what do you alter it to to make it your own?

Remember, the country still has a government, and still makes the laws based on majority rule.

Mark
The end is to promote Black unity and appreciation for Black ideology and economics in our community. Think Chinatown for example. You control your economics and circulate your money in your community. You then take over the politics and law making/enforcing systems. Once thats accomplished you become a force.

Whites will be a minority shortly. The last two elections already proved that someone can be elected without a white majority.

That is my question as well. Is America doomed to what we have now? Truthfully, we whites thought we were paving the way for the blacks to join us with LBJ's programs. That didn't work, what will?

Mark
I think thats where you fall down. Your assumption of superiority is evident with that statement. Your culture is corrupt. Why would you think or assume Blacks should join it instead of having their own culture?
Back in the 1960's, that is what we thought was best. We only have one country. How do you have your "own culture" in such a society?

I am of Polish descent, and I don't see anyone observing my culture or language. Can a country be unified if each group sets its own way of life?

Mark

Sigh.

Mark

Mark

If true, then how can whites be evil? They are evidently no different than you.

Mark

That is my question as well. Is America doomed to what we have now? Truthfully, we whites thought we were paving the way for the blacks to join us with LBJ's programs. That didn't work, what will?

Mark
I think thats where you fall down. Your assumption of superiority is evident with that statement. Your culture is corrupt. Why would you think or assume Blacks should join it instead of having their own culture?
Back in the 1960's, that is what we thought was best. We only have one country. How do you have your "own culture" in such a society?

I am of Polish descent, and I don't see anyone observing my culture or language. Can a country be unified if each group sets its own way of life?

Mark
Its pretty easy. Take me for example. I am Black and honor a Black culture. I have friends that are East Indian, Mexican, White, Asian, etc. I get along great with them. However, I notice that only whites seem to have a problem with this. They think that everyone must observe white culture in order to be american.

Sigh.

Mark

Mark

If true, then how can whites be evil? They are evidently no different than you.

Mark
Who said whites were evil? Whites are not supernatural. They are just a breed of humans.

Mark

Mark

Mark
The end is to promote Black unity and appreciation for Black ideology and economics in our community. Think Chinatown for example. You control your economics and circulate your money in your community. You then take over the politics and law making/enforcing systems. Once thats accomplished you become a force.

Whites will be a minority shortly. The last two elections already proved that someone can be elected without a white majority.

As of 2014 whites made up over 77% of the population. I doubt it will be under 50% in a while. Obama would not have been elected without strong support from the white population.

Chinatown is not all Asian Americans, not even close. How do you begin to take a people that comprise over 13% of our population and create a society within a society?

Mark

I have to "go to work" now. I'll be back later. It has been a very enlightening talk.

Mark

Mark

Mark

As of 2014 whites made up over 77% of the population. I doubt it will be under 50% in a while. Obama would not have been elected without strong support from the white population.

Chinatown is not all Asian Americans, not even close. How do you begin to take a people that comprise over 13% of our population and create a society within a society?

Mark
Obama was elected with less than 50% of the white vote. Whites were the only demographic not over 50%. I thought that was pretty telling.

I dont know what Chinatown you are speaking of but every chinatown I have ever encountered had a large majority population of chinese and a lot of them didnt even speak english.

I think youre confused or naive. The US is comprised of a lot of little societies.

There is nothing classical about "classical music". I think talent is in the ear of the beholder.

Oh well, I disagree, there is a difference between what is popular and ability of the composer or song writer. Most people are tone deaf and follow the crowd to fit in and so in that respect I would agree. The ear does not behold anything but I see your point. Part of the problem is that talent has been reduced to what is popular and trendy. But to each their own, you like what you like.

If Americans defined themselves as American instead of by their race, black and white Americans would have the same foundations and history.
If only there had been no slave trade, 3/5 clause, jim crow, etc I would agree.

None of those things happened to you any more than they did me. Searching for an excuse to play the victim?
Who said they did? Searching for an excuse to deflect? Youre the one that brought up history and foundations.

Oh well, I disagree, there is a difference between what is popular and ability of the composer or song writer. Most people are tone deaf and follow the crowd to fit in and so in that respect I would agree. The ear does not behold anything but I see your point. Part of the problem is that talent has been reduced to what is popular and trendy. But to each their own, you like what you like.

Yes the ear beholds things as it is sensory input tool. I do agree to each their own. For example I cant stand some music that people swear is great.

If Americans defined themselves as American instead of by their race, black and white Americans would have the same foundations and history.
If only there had been no slave trade, 3/5 clause, jim crow, etc I would agree.

None of those things happened to you any more than they did me. Searching for an excuse to play the victim?
Who said they did? Searching for an excuse to deflect? Youre the one that brought up history and foundations.

Then in what contex do you bring them up? Do you claim they are more a part of your history than they are mine?

Forum List

Back