🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, What did God do Today?

God performed miracles for Israel's sake. Jesus and the apostles were Israel.

If you're a foreigner, don't expect a miracle.
There are no foreigners in God's world.
No Israel, either. No ancient, ethnic Israel, that is.

No miracles.
How sad you must be that you haven't had miracles in your life!
Dollars to donuts says that you haven't seen the Red Sea parting in you life, either, or any other miracle of the sort or caliber that the OP asked for.
The "primitive" Egyptians saw that AND all the plagues. None of that meant anything to them. They explained them away just like modern libs do today.

Signs are coming, but they will all be meaningless to those who vmcant read the signs.

Jesus said, an evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign.
In the Bible, miracles weren't for Israel's eyes only, but they were for Israel (as far as I know; it's Israel's story, after all).

As far as I know, the last real miracle was the coming of the Holy Spirit. What more evidence of a people who bear God's image than those who are transformed and then who transform the world?

If, as Paul says in 2 Timothy 3, scripture completes the man of God and equips him for every good work, and if scripture is complete, then new revelations in the modern era negate the Word of God. Modern “prophecies” and miracles cannot be true.

As far as I know, the last real miracle was the coming of the Holy Spirit. What more evidence of a people who bear God's image than those who are transformed and then who transform the world?
What about the founding of the United States???

God performed miracles for Israel's sake. Jesus and the apostles were Israel.

If you're a foreigner, don't expect a miracle.
There are no foreigners in God's world.
No Israel, either. No ancient, ethnic Israel, that is.

No miracles.
How sad you must be that you haven't had miracles in your life!
Dollars to donuts says that you haven't seen the Red Sea parting in you life, either, or any other miracle of the sort or caliber that the OP asked for.
I will tell you one miracle I had. After teaching many years, I fell ill and needed surgery. The surgery went well, but I needed healing time. During this time, I experienced awful neck and shoulder pain and sought medical help. It turned out that a disc in my neck had burst and I needed surgery to fuse my cervical bones together. Then it happened again and I had four cervical bones fused. I couldn't teach any longer. My son called and wanted me to come live near him. I didn't want to give up my friends and life where I was and told him no. He persisted, I thought about it but still refused. Finally I asked god to give me a sign if I should move.

No sign came for about two weeks. I wasn't in any shape to move or even pack things not to mention to keeping my house in "showing condition" for selling. One day I went to Kinkos to get something and the couple in front of me wanted to bind some papers they needed for a college course. The sales person said it would be $100! He told him he didn't have the money. I tapped him on the shoulder, told him I had a binder and could bind them for him.

They followed me home, I bound the booklets and they loved my house. I laughed and said you might have a chance. To make this story less long, the bought my house. I moved to Nashville and am a grandma of 4 boys. It was the right thing to do.

What about the founding of the United States???
Ah, yes, a once great manifestation of the miraculous coming of God's image-bearers.

And then it made a left turn. But who knows. Maybe, by the grace of God, Trump will remain in the White House.

I can't believe this is all an accident, Earth and life. No way.
Okay. So, why don't you have a firm explanation? Why did God get this started, and yet allow for so much suffering???
The infinite unknown answer of anticipating God's will seems to indicate that a lot of our lives are seemingly useless.
2 things I believe.

1- Whatever you believe in will happen. Atheists will only have death. If you believe in a God, you'll see him.

2- For yrs I've asked Atheists one question......................Would you want an after life. Never got an answer, don't expect one.

For the record, I respect everyones beliefs. None of my business.
I have often thought what it would be like to see God. What an awesome sight!
When I was 11. I had a bad case of osteomyelitis that went terribly wrong. Clinically dead in a tub of ice for 10 minutes as they revived me. It was a very interesting 10 minutes I have never disclosed or ever will.
Thank GOD you were healed!

Let's go over this one more time. What was the last miracle and why doesn't God make an appearance and tell us all what to do once and for all. I am really tired of the confusion - some people say this, and others say that, and then there are bunch of people who live through a weather storm that kills people, and they believe that it was the grace of God that they were spared; and yet, they never seem to deliver anything that would make a difference in society.

So, what has God done lately?

I want a miracle on the scale of the parting of the Red Sea - something big and noticeable.
Step back and think...
What would convince someone that God is actually communicating with them?
Prophecy is a very disconcerting experience.
During prophecy, the receiver is fully aware that compared to God, they don't exist.

Miracles were a sign for a time, to make believers that would spread the good news. They are no longer necessary.
God called the Jews who were always asking Him for a sign, wicked. How much better to have faith without signs.

God hung on a cross to salvage your eternal soul. What more do you require?

Last edited:
They followed me home, I bound the booklets and they loved my house. I laughed and said you might have a chance. To make this story less long, the bought my house. I moved to Nashville and am a grandma of 4 boys. It was the right thing to do.
It is absolutely amazing how God lines things up in order for people like you.

Step back and think...
During prophecy, the receiver is fully aware that compared to God, they don't exist.
Well, that has obviously not happened to me.

Step back and think...
Well, that has obviously not happened to me.
That's why prophecy is an experience that only the aged and humble can appreciate.
Almost 100% of Biblical prophets were at least in their 70s, if not older.

Let's go over this one more time. What was the last miracle and why doesn't God make an appearance and tell us all what to do once and for all. I am really tired of the confusion - some people say this, and others say that, and then there are bunch of people who live through a weather storm that kills people, and they believe that it was the grace of God that they were spared; and yet, they never seem to deliver anything that would make a difference in society.

I want a miracle on the scale of the parting of the Red Sea - something big and noticeable.
If creating existence from nothing wasn't enough for you, I don't know what will be.

He checked to make sure the watchers updated his database. The old timers called it,"the book of life'. It's probably based on something even better than a Mac...LOL. I call it evidence for the upcoming trial. Better have Yeshua representing you or you're fucked !

Okay. So, why don't you have a firm explanation? Why did God get this started, and yet allow for so much suffering???
The infinite unknown answer of anticipating God's will seems to indicate that a lot of our lives are seemingly useless.

Maimonides responds...

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

:)

The Catechism responds...

With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature. With physical good there exists also physical evil as long as creation has not reached perfection.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

Maimonides responds...

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

Without reading it twice, I understand is bleeding women and semen virile.

MLK responds...

"...We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. This applies to the power of a gun, or a drug, or an argument, or even a sermon! Does it achieve its end? Does it fulfill its purpose?

We must realize that God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them. We can see this clearly in human illustrations. My purpose in doing a crossword puzzle is not to fill in certain words. I could fill them in easily by waiting for tomorrow morning's paper. Filling them in without the answers is harder but much more satisfying, for it calls out resourcefulness, ingenuity, and discipline which by the easier way would find no self expression.

Similarly, to borrow an illustration from William James, eleven men battle desperately on a field, risking falling and injury, using up a prodigious amount of energy, and when we ask why, we learn that it is to get an inflated, leather covered sphere called a football across a goal. But if that is all, why doesn't someone get up in the night and put it there? Football games are not played to get a ball across a goal, but to get it there under certain conditions, in a certain way, with certain results in the lives of those concerned. Power to get the ball across the goal is to be interpreted in terms of purposes and only makes sense in the light of those purposes. Action, then, which defeats purpose is weakness. Power is the ability to fulfill purpose. No one knows what it cost God to refrain from intervention when wicked men put his beloved Son to death. But the restraint was not weakness. The Cross became the power of God unto salvation..."

Forum List

Back