Some inconvenient facts for EV cheerleaders!!

I just invented a new type of vehicle and here are it's benefits.

• It can travel hundreds of miles without refueling
  • It can be refueled in a matter of minutes at any of hundreds of thousands of fueling stations across the planet (where you can also get coffee and a Big Gulp)
  • My vehicle allows you to run the heater without impact to its range (it generates heat as a byproduct) and run the air conditioner at any temp only minimal impact
  • My vehicle is significantly cheaper than the EV, and requires no government rebate to make it affordable.
  • My vehicle is available in thousands of styles and colors to suit anyone's tastes.
  • My vehicle can be driven for 100's of thousands of miles with only basic maintenance, no expensive replacement of the entire power plant is periodically required.
  • My vehicle isn't driven by rare, expensive, and environmentally damaging minerals like Lithium.
  • My vehicle has over 100 years of technological development and testing behind it and the technology is proven beyond any doubt of it's workability.

Where is my Nobel Prize?

View attachment 748136
Modify it to run on hydrogen and I'm with you.

I just invented a new type of vehicle and here are it's benefits.

• It can travel hundreds of miles without refueling
  • It can be refueled in a matter of minutes at any of hundreds of thousands of fueling stations across the planet (where you can also get coffee and a Big Gulp)
  • My vehicle allows you to run the heater without impact to its range (it generates heat as a byproduct) and run the air conditioner at any temp only minimal impact
  • My vehicle is significantly cheaper than the EV, and requires no government rebate to make it affordable.
  • My vehicle is available in thousands of styles and colors to suit anyone's tastes.
  • My vehicle can be driven for 100's of thousands of miles with only basic maintenance, no expensive replacement of the entire power plant is periodically required.
  • My vehicle isn't driven by rare, expensive, and environmentally damaging minerals like Lithium.
  • My vehicle has over 100 years of technological development and testing behind it and the technology is proven beyond any doubt of it's workability.

Where is my Nobel Prize?

View attachment 748136

Does it come in Mustang?

Does it come in Mustang?

b62b7a953507d47b09c5ffb908d63199.jpg

Since Hydrogen exists in a natural state as a gas, it would have to be compressed to be a liquid. So, both.

You can compress the shit out of it without turning it liquid.
I'm just wondering if these world saving vehicles are going to need
a cryogenic tank or not.

Based on what technology? All batteries are based on an electrolytic chemical reaction. All batteries are discharged by ion flow in one direction and charged by ion flow in the other. Charging a battery can only go faster if power in input at a higher rate but, at too high a rate, the batteries heat to the point where the electrolytic material either catches fire or is permanently damaged.

There is no magical battery out there that generates twice the power for a given chemical reaction or can be charged to full capacity in minutes. There won't be one in 2025 ... or in 2125 that is based on ionic principles.
It’s not a magic battery and Toyota is bringing it out to market it in 2025. They did it with the nichol metal hydride battery and the lithium battery over the decades they have used them in their hybrids. The solid state battery has been around for decades used in pacemakers etc. which literally last for a long time in safety. Instead of liquid electrolyte it uses a solid electrolyte which eliminates many of the problems in lithium batteries with a liquid electrolyte.
I didn’t say it had twice the “power”. or watt/ hrs. It has capability for twice the range…it also has a 5000 charge expectancy while still retaining 90%:eek:f its capacity.

Any battery can deliver more “power” and shorter recharging times with out increasing size but at a loss in life expectancy and reliability. So “power” and charging times is a non issue, specially with solid state batteries. Most technology is available nearly a decade before it comes to Full use. The research is in marketing it and engineering it so that it’s reliable and profitable. Just like the hydrogen fusion break through, it’s now in the hands of the engineers and bean counters. The battery is here NOW.

“Solid-state batteries have found use inpacemakers, RFID and wearable devices. They are potentially safer, with higher energy densities, but at a much higher cost.”

Last edited:
Molten salt battery for an automobile? Holy shit!

Yeah, just imagine, they can't get the technology to work on a large scale, so by gosh and by golly let's shrink it down, yeah, that's the ticket!

These people are morons.

Yeah, just imagine, they can't get the technology to work on a large scale, so by gosh and by golly let's shrink it down, yeah, that's the ticket!

These people are morons.

How long does it take to melt the salt after the car has been sitting in the garage for a week?

You can compress the shit out of it without turning it liquid.
I'm just wondering if these world saving vehicles are going to need
a cryogenic tank or not.

Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell. Carbon fiber tank holds compressed (not liquefied) H2 at 87.5 MPa (~12,800 psi) and has a range of 400 miles.

Last edited:
Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell. Carbon fiber tank holds compressed (not liquefied) H2 at 87.5 MPa (~12,800 psi) and has a range of 400 miles.

Cool. I don't see any hydrogen stations in Illinois.

I commute 20 miles to work ... I only have to "plug-in" over the weekends, I don't commute then ... usually, wind/solar/hydro will charge this for free ... saving me $100 per week gas and maintenance ... occasionally not, and I burn a small about of high-sulfur, lead-base radioactive coal ... oops ... and I'm only saving money on piston-engine maintenance; not tires, wheel bearings, brakes and the like ... have you flat-landing city-slickers every done a full tune-up on your rigs? ... obviously not ... dumbasses ...

Why is this a bad idea? ... keep in mind, you don't know where your oil drain plug is or what a 710 cap is ... do you? ...
It’s true. I haven’t touched a 710 cap in 30 years.

Forum List

Back