Some inconvenient facts for EV cheerleaders!!

Still can't get away from one staggering fAcT....

Americans not interested in EV's.

Not a debatable point. :hello77:

Americans not interested in EV's.

Californians are ... and EVs are cost effective in the Pacific Northwest, where all the electricity is ... if you don't have electricity in great abundance, then don't bother ... but don't tell others they shouldn't be interested ... it's a free country ...

How about plug in hybrids. Is that acceptable to you ?
How about a battery that could drive your car double the range miles now and be charged in minutes, not hours.

Will you still think EVs aren’t a solution ? These batteries will begin to be test marketed in 2025. Still not interested ?
The technology has been here for decades…..
Apparently not if not even test marketing until 2025. I'll believe it when I see it then.
I know battery stuff is weak compared to any burning petroleum products.
Small diesel/Large electric motor could be doable. Would need big heavy flywheel and many gears/clutch to compete with modern ICE.
I'm stuck on the train model with a small turbo diesel and big flywheel and clutch and gears to rival modern 4v/cyl gas engines.
Big electric direct drive motor..huge! Not powered by batteries, though. Powered by miniature diesel and a series of gears, clutches, a stator, and a flywheel.

Last edited:
Apparently not if not even test marketing until 2025. I'll believe it when I see it then.
Small diesel/Large electric motor could be doable. Would need big heavy flywheel and many gears/clutch to compete with modern ICE.
I'm stuck on the train model with a small turbo diesel and big flywheel and clutch and gears to rival modern 4v/cyl gas engines.
Big electric direct drive motor..huge! Not powered by batteries, though. Powered by miniature diesel and a series of gears, clutches, a stator, and a flywheel.
There's a reason a train uses a drivetrain like that and it isn't fuel efficiency and it isn't a model for an automobile or a truck driving on the roads.

There's a reason a train uses a drivetrain like that and it isn't fuel efficiency and it isn't a model for an automobile or a truck driving on the roads.
Yet..;)

They seem to have plenty of torque, and that can be utilized, baby boy.

All electric motors have instantaneous torque. Electric motors don’t build torque like an ICE does.
Some kind of voltajes have to be applied to that electric motor to make it spin, yannow?

LoL.. typical liberal logic.

All trivial psychobabble all the time.

Why Thomas Sowell cleaned the clock of anybody he debated for 40 years... :boobies: :boobies::boobies:

Diesel doesn’t work as a parallel hybrid, only as series as its response time is too slow. Diesel Series hybrids are in large ships and locomotives where the loads are heavy but constant.
Nearly all car makers are advancing to plug in hybrids. They run totally electric for commuting distances up to 40-60 miles so the batteries are much smaller, charge times shorter
The car reverts to regular hybrid mode AFTER the 40-60 miles. So, you use it during* the week for commuting on EV only while chargin* overnight, then trips are handled by hybrid mode. These cars can’t be built fast enough……they are so popular. They are EVs during the commuter use week.

The diesel series hybrids are limited in use Because Diesel engines are Slow to respond. The obvious most efficient hybrids are nuclear powered sub marines and surface vessels used by the Navy. They travel years between refueling.
Small nuclear powered generator provides electricity for YEARS to power electric drive motors for these vessels.
Remember, the drive motors for everything except planes is going to ELECTRIC. That’s where we are headed. ,

Some kind of voltajes have to be applied to that electric motor to make it spin, yannow?
Transformers alter the voltages for electric powered units to meet requirements of ALL electric drive motors. It’s of no concern. Electric motors power nearly all trains, all modern surface vessels and navy submarines.

Transformers alter the voltages for electric powered units to meet requirements of ALL electric drive motors. It’s of no concern. Electric motors power nearly all trains, all modern surface vessels and navy submarines.
Electric motors power diesel submarines, but US nuclear subs are propelled by steam driven turbines via reduction gears. The US built one turbine electric sub (the Hyman G Rickover) and one turbine direct (the Narwhal) but neither system worked well and were abandoned.

One cannot stay plugged into the electric grid while commuting distances, jeeneyous.

One cannot stay plugged into the electric grid while commuting distances, jeeneyous.
Really ? Is 235/miles long enough ? China routinely runs trains over 1000 miles while remaking plugged into the grid.
You never road on a subway ? You know now many miles of electrified tracks there are in subways, Amtrak and other train systems ? Really ?

Forum List

Back