Something’s Poisoning America’s Land. Farmers Fear ‘Forever’ Chemicals.

As of the 2017 COA there were 900,217,576 acres of farmland in the US.

Of those, 23,888,525 had manure used on them

That is 2.6% of the land, and most of the is likely not human waste but animal manure.

Much ado about nothing...yet again.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee.

Looks like the retardation is not confined to a single party....Truth be told I'm not surprised to hear about it in going on in TX and TN but NY/ME/MI sort of surprises me.
Not answering my question.

Why dodge it?

For decades, farmers across America have been encouraged by the federal government to spread municipal sewage on millions of acres of farmland as fertilizer. It was rich in nutrients, and it helped keep the sludge out of landfills.

But a growing body of research shows that this black sludge, made from the sewage that flows from homes and factories, can contain heavy concentrations of chemicals thought to increase the risk of certain types of cancer and to cause birth defects and developmental delays in children.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee. In some cases the chemicals are suspected of sickening or killing livestock and are turning up in produce. Farmers are beginning to fear for their own health.

Tell me again how government is not retarded. :banghead:

Municipal Sewage, it's got what plants crave.

Dairy/pig farms have shit ponds, around here they use it as fertilizer for fields.

Why use raw sewage from homes? It's full of all kinds of crap vs the cow/pig poop.

It's insane they would use that for farms.
We need to get back to tarring and feathering

For decades, farmers across America have been encouraged by the federal government to spread municipal sewage on millions of acres of farmland as fertilizer. It was rich in nutrients, and it helped keep the sludge out of landfills.

But a growing body of research shows that this black sludge, made from the sewage that flows from homes and factories, can contain heavy concentrations of chemicals thought to increase the risk of certain types of cancer and to cause birth defects and developmental delays in children.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee. In some cases the chemicals are suspected of sickening or killing livestock and are turning up in produce. Farmers are beginning to fear for their own health.

Tell me again how government is not retarded. :banghead:

Municipal Sewage, it's got what plants crave.

Dairy/pig farms have shit ponds, around here they use it as fertilizer for fields.

Why use raw sewage from homes? It's full of all kinds of crap vs the cow/pig poop.

It's insane they would use that for farms.

This is sickening.

Literally.

I don't know what's going on but the kids are not all right. Yes to all of it--delays, syndromes, autism, etc.

Forum List

Back