🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Leftist fanatics have been trying for years to keep people, especially children, away from any hint that guns might actually be useful for good purposes. They have striven unceasingly to keep people terrified at even the slightest mention of a gun, and making sure that no one would have the slightest idea what to do if they actually see a gun (in a gun store or a friend's hands etc.).

Now South Carolina is proposing that children get basic gun and safety training in school - something that used to be common at schools just a few generations ago.

If it passes, this would undermine the left's entire agenda of keeping people terrified of guns. If people - especially children - start realizing that guns are no more dangerous than automobiles or power saws, the leftists will have no end of difficulty restricting or banning them. And if normal people find that guns can actually make societies safer when criminals become afraid of assaulting or robbing a person who might have one and knows how to use it... they might start finding they have no use for leftists any more.

Count on this initiative to be fought with everything the leftists can bring to bear: Insults, screaming, fear, lying, etc. (In other words, they will act as they always do. Only more so.)

---------------------------------------------

SC Schools May Teach Gun Training

SC Schools May Teach Gun Training
House bill calls for 3-week study of 2nd Amendment

By Arden Dier, Newser Staff
Posted Jan 9, 2015 8:12 AM CST

(Newser) – Two new bills could bring gun education, including gun training, to South Carolina students. The first is from Rep. Alan Clemmons, who tells WCIV that teachers don't focus enough on the Second Amendment, and that a lack of knowledge about guns and gun safety implies "the gun is an evil object." He cites the example of a student who got into trouble after writing a story about shooting a dinosaur. Zero-tolerance policies are misguided, says Clemmons, whose bill would have students spend three weeks learning about guns and gun safety each year, based on a curriculum backed by the NRA, the Greenville News reports.

Some aren't keen about involving the NRA in state education, but that's hardly the only element of contention. Clemmons' bill would also create a Second Amendment Awareness Day in all state schools, as well as a poster or essay contest with the theme "The Right to Bear Arms: One American Right Protecting All Others," to be held on Dec. 15. The date has drawn criticism because it's one day after the Sandy Hook school shooting anniversary, though Clemmons says he's open to changing it.

From what I know as a bi-partisan, the Left doesn't want uneducated gun owners. Yet you introduce education when the Constitution doesn't REQUIRE it.

I have, several times now.
No, you haven't...stop listening to those voices in your head!
Is this related to the dummy who thinks that if you follow all the safety rules with guns there will be no accidents, which is utter nonsense? Yeah, I thought so.

If all safety rules are followed, there will be no accidental shootings. It really is that simple.
Yeah, it doesn't work that way, especially when we have guns that fire themselves.

Repeating that does not change the fact that a round was in the chamber.

Hunting also allows someone to provide steroid and antibiotic free, lean meat for their family, friends and even food banks and other charitable organizations.
Very few people hunt for meat, and no one has to. Want a clean hamburger, raises a cow, I'm not going to stop you.
So...are you a strict vegetarian or just a raging hypocrite?
Nope, I get meat from the store like a normal person who doesn't think that killing an animal you aren't going equals a sport.

So?
So, if you don't eat what you kill then you have no reason to kill it. That's just you and your beer buddies playing with deadly toys because you love them.

Do you think many hunters just leave the carcass in the woods?

If all safety rules are followed, there will be no accidental shootings. It really is that simple.
Yeah, it doesn't work that way, especially when we have guns that fire themselves.

Guns don't fire themselves. You MUST know that you are ridiculous. You must, or you are really very ignorant person.
I've already posted links to guns that fire themselves, two of them so far, and I quit looking after that.

Yes, well, others pointed out the flaws in your conclusions already. :)
They thought they did, only there weren't any. With guns accidental shootings and deaths will always occur, always. It's the nature of the beast.

I have pointed out the flaw, and it still stands. The basic safety rules I linked proved it. The safety rules say don't have a round in the chamber until you are ready to shoot.

Guns don't fire themselves. You MUST know that you are ridiculous. You must, or you are really very ignorant person.
I've already posted links to guns that fire themselves, two of them so far, and I quit looking after that.

Yes, well, others pointed out the flaws in your conclusions already. :)
They thought they did, only there weren't any. With guns accidental shootings and deaths will always occur, always. It's the nature of the beast.

I have pointed out the flaw, and it still stands. The basic safety rules I linked proved it. The safety rules say don't have a round in the chamber until you are ready to shoot.
Your magical world where guns can be safely dealt with at all times and in all places is noted, however I live in the real where where being around guns means people will be shot and even killed.

Very few people hunt for meat, and no one has to. Want a clean hamburger, raises a cow, I'm not going to stop you.
Nope, I get meat from the store like a normal person who doesn't think that killing an animal you aren't going equals a sport.

So?
So, if you don't eat what you kill then you have no reason to kill it. That's just you and your beer buddies playing with deadly toys because you love them.

Do you think many hunters just leave the carcass in the woods?
I don't care what they do with the meat they shot, they aren't eating themselves in most cases and are hunting for sport, not food, and there's need for that.

I have, several times now.
No, you haven't...stop listening to those voices in your head!
Is this related to the dummy who thinks that if you follow all the safety rules with guns there will be no accidents, which is utter nonsense? Yeah, I thought so.

Repeating that does not change the fact that a round was in the chamber.
Yeah, imagine a cop doing such a thing? Who would have thought.

Children should be.

Why, because you say so?

I would much rather a young person be able to render a found firearm harmless instead of fleeing in terror, leaving it for the next kid to find and play with.
How about run and tell an adult? What a plan eh, and no child gets hurt.

Isn't this high school kids we are talking about? :) High school kids will be offered these classes, not small children.
Doesn't matter a damn. Not child needs to fire a gun because no child needs to kill anything.

Are you saying you prefer the scenario in which a found gun is left for another child to pick up and play with? Because it sounds an awful lot like you are.

The NRA and right-winger stickers were a dead giveaway, pun intended.
Or they could do what they did, hide in the bushes and shoot them.

No, they should be afraid of guns, according to you.
51256286.jpg
Children should be.

Why, because you say so?

I would much rather a young person be able to render a found firearm harmless instead of fleeing in terror, leaving it for the next kid to find and play with.

Tell an adult? What good is that going to do when the adult doesn't have any idea how to render the gun harmless either? Either way, there's a potentially dangerous gun left for other kids to find.

51256286.jpg
Children should be.

In the old days, it was quite normal for children over the age of 12 to have a gun, mostly boys of course.
Yes, but we don't live in the old days now do we, at least those who have grown up don't.

The point is, that children were apparently not shooting each other or their school mates. These problems we fact today are due to society, and not to a gun.
No, they are due to both things and one is pretty damn easy to fix, you just won't like it.

It's easier to address the symptoms and not the disease. Of course, the disease will still kill you, but don't let that get in the way.

Why, because you say so?

Isn't this high school kids we are talking about? :) High school kids will be offered these classes, not small children.
Doesn't matter a damn. Not child needs to fire a gun because no child needs to kill anything.

Are you saying you prefer the scenario in which a found gun is left for another child to pick up and play with? Because it sounds an awful lot like you are.
Let's reverse it, your child finds a a gun, in God knows what condition, and you want them to pick it up eh? I want the children to have nothing to do with the gun, find an adult, or better yet a soldier or a cop who should be trained in weapons, and report the gun ASAP letting the adults deal with it. I don't not want them playing "Daddy taught me about guns" alone or with the other children, and neither should you. That lacks all fucking common sense so you will undoubtedly disagree.

51256286.jpg
Children should be.

Why, because you say so?

Tell an adult? What good is that going to do when the adult doesn't have any idea how to render the gun harmless either? Either way, there's a potentially dangerous gun left for other kids to find.
In most cases, not yours of course, an adult has far more common sense than a child. And loose guns around is part of why I want to ban the damn things.

Hunters that leave the meat in the field are rare. Every hunter I know eats the meat or gives it to someone.

He's full of it. Lol! Most hunters LOVE the meat. That is a big part of the reason why they hunt. Many also donate their kills thought such charities like this.

Hunting for Charity - Food News -
If they are donating the meat away then they didn't need to shoot it in the first place. That's means it was for sport, not survival. The meat would have gone to waste otherwise eh? See how that works now?

So what? Some people like to hunt for sport. Without them, the deer overpopulation would be really bad in a lot of areas.

The deer overpopulation is ALREADY bad in a lot of areas! Offhand, it's bad here.
Who the fuck cares? I don't need to send out armed kids to fix that.

You keep talking about "need" as if it's important to this discussion.

Children should be.

In the old days, it was quite normal for children over the age of 12 to have a gun, mostly boys of course.
Yes, but we don't live in the old days now do we, at least those who have grown up don't.

The point is, that children were apparently not shooting each other or their school mates. These problems we fact today are due to society, and not to a gun.
No, they are due to both things and one is pretty damn easy to fix, you just won't like it.

It's easier to address the symptoms and not the disease. Of course, the disease will still kill you, but don't let that get in the way.
The disease is all the damn guns. The symptoms are 20,000 firearm suicides and accidents each year.

He's full of it. Lol! Most hunters LOVE the meat. That is a big part of the reason why they hunt. Many also donate their kills thought such charities like this.

Hunting for Charity - Food News -
If they are donating the meat away then they didn't need to shoot it in the first place. That's means it was for sport, not survival. The meat would have gone to waste otherwise eh? See how that works now?

So what? Some people like to hunt for sport. Without them, the deer overpopulation would be really bad in a lot of areas.

The deer overpopulation is ALREADY bad in a lot of areas! Offhand, it's bad here.
Who the fuck cares? I don't need to send out armed kids to fix that.

You keep talking about "need" as if it's important to this discussion.
That's because it is. Almost no one needs a gun anymore, you just like them so you don't want them taken away.

Let's reverse it, your child finds a a gun, in God knows what condition, and you want them to pick it up eh? I want the children to have nothing to do with the gun, find an adult, or better yet a soldier or a cop who should be trained in weapons, and report the gun ASAP letting the adults deal with it. I don't not want them playing "Daddy taught me about guns" alone or with the other children, and neither should you. That lacks all fucking common sense so you will undoubtedly disagree.

We're talking about high school kids here, kids in their upper teens. They are perfectly capable of learning how to handle a gun they find. Basically, it sounds like you're advocating that a found gun result in a SWAT team deployment, complete with body armor, hazmat suits, and crime scene tape. And, of course, terrified villagers who have been taught that a gun might just jump up and shoot them.

The disease is all the damn guns. The symptoms are 20,000 firearm suicides and accidents each year.

Take away the guns and those suicides will still happen. We've been over this before.

We're talking about high school kids here, kids in their upper teens. They are perfectly capable of learning how to handle a gun they find. Basically, it sounds like you're advocating that a found gun result in a SWAT team deployment, complete with body armor and hazmat suits. And, of course, terrified villagers who have been taught that a gun might just jump up and shoot them.
If that's what it took that's fine by me. That's the kind of thing we pay them for.

Take away the guns and those suicides will still happen. We've been over this before.
And you lost, since the number went down, significantly.

So?

Well, I don't have "beer buddies" nor do I hunt. :D I just don't think that is your call to make for other people. What makes you think you have the right to tell others how they should live their lives?
I'm much smarter than they are for starters. And I don't swallow the propaganda that they do. I also think for myself, and they don't think at all.

That's why we don't elect people like you to positions of power. You're delusional.

Forum List

Back