South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Personally, I think that certain people should not have access to guns. Historically, it just doesn't work out. German's for example. Also, if you give a South Carolinian a gun, he is likely to start taking pot shots at Ft. Sumter....
Oh look.... abject idiocy mixed with blatant dishonesty and mindless bigotry. Very nice. Well done.

Personally, I think that certain people should not have access to guns. Historically, it just doesn't work out. German's for example. Also, if you give a South Carolinian a gun, he is likely to start taking pot shots at Ft. Sumter....
Oh look.... abject idiocy mixed with blatant dishonesty and mindless bigotry. Very nice. Well done.
They have historically proven themselves to be traitors

How do we know these kids won't take up arms against their country?

Training the little traitors in firearms use age could be dangerous

Maybe they should learn to read first

In my state, the gun owner ending up in prison and me winning a large lawsuit would invalidate your argument. Your obsession with guns has clouded your brain.
You're making a mistake - I'm not talking about -legal- culpability.
As you chose to allow your child to remain ignorance, you cannot soundly argue against your culpability in this matter
Sorry, the last thing I'd think about in that situation is that I didn't get my kid trained on gun safety. You aren't going to change my mind here.
Explain how you are not at least partly at faut when your child dies because you chose to keep him ignorant.
Because kids shouldn't be around loaded guns left unattended.
And how are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?
Because I'm not putting my kid around loaded guns. I hope responsible gun owners can do the same if my kid is at their house.

You're making a mistake - I'm not talking about -legal- culpability.
As you chose to allow your child to remain ignorance, you cannot soundly argue against your culpability in this matter
Sorry, the last thing I'd think about in that situation is that I didn't get my kid trained on gun safety. You aren't going to change my mind here.
Explain how you are not at least partly at faut when your child dies because you chose to keep him ignorant.
And how are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?
Because I'm not putting my kid around loaded guns.
You have no way of making sure your kids will never be around loaded guns.
I thusly ask again:
How are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?[

I thusly ask again:
How are you not at all at fault because you refused to give your child the knowledge necessary to safe;y handle being around a loaded gun?[
Because gun owners should be responsible for their guns. Why is that a difficult concept for you?

I thusly ask again:
Believe it or not, there are many American households without a gun. The home I grew up in was such a home. If my friends had a gun in any of their homes, it was never discussed even among us kids. The neighborhood is still safe and secure. We, along with many many of our fellow citizens were never and have never felt threatened, intimidated, outraged or superior enough to insist on living in a gun culture beyond that of sport shooting.

Guns nor irresponsible gun ownership was not a problem until the advent of the cheap, concealable hand gun, the notorious Saturday Night Special.

And yet, we grew up just fine.

I thusly ask again:
Believe it or not, there are many American households without a gun. The home I grew up in was such a home. If my friends had a gun in any of their homes, it was never discussed even among us kids. The neighborhood is still safe and secure. We, along with many many of our fellow citizens were never and have never felt threatened, intimidated, outraged or superior enough to insist on living in a gun culture beyond that of sport shooting.

Guns nor irresponsible gun ownership was not a problem until the advent of the cheap, concealable hand gun, the notorious Saturday Night Special.

Sounds like my childhood and I grew up on the south side of Chicago. I don't understand how some posters on here step outside without wetting themselves.

Because I'm not putting my kid around loaded guns. I hope responsible gun owners can do the same if my kid is at their house.
Responsible gun owners will teach their kids how to handle guns safely and responsibly, rather than cowering in fear from them and hoping no bad guys come around.

Responsible gun owners will teach their kids how to handle guns safely and responsibly, rather than cowering in fear from them and hoping no bad guys come around.
No one is cowering, you are hoping to play John Wayne.

Sorry, I don't cower in fear about bad guys coming in my house or preying on me when I walk the streets like you do. Maybe you should try it sometime.

I thusly ask again:

civil rights attorney Don Kates found the term Saturday Night Special to have racist undertones

the origin of the term was to limit inexpensive handguns to the poor and black classes of folks

It's wonderful that the schools in South Carolina have the time and the money to deepen the gun culture! Their arts and extra-curricular activities must be the envy of the nation! With all that spare time to teach kids to love guns, their love of the arts must know no bounds!

So they will be teaching kids to love guns? Wow.

Or perhaps they will offer a few classes a year in gun safety.

Aren't we continually told that the anti-gun folks aren't trying to take away our guns? But we are also told that there are 700-800 accidental shooting deaths every year. Shouldn't an effort be made to remedy that?

It's wonderful that the schools in South Carolina have the time and the money to deepen the gun culture! Their arts and extra-curricular activities must be the envy of the nation! With all that spare time to teach kids to love guns, their love of the arts must know no bounds!
What a shithead you are.
No one ever died because they werent familiar with art or music. But plenty of kids have died because they misused guns out of ignorance.
In the old days many schools maintained a range and a rifle team. And guess what, no one went rampaging through a school shooting people.
The educational priorities are upside down if gun education trumps arts education.

Educators agree with gusto that arts education is necessary for the intellectual well being of students in every grade. Arts education helps deal with leadership skills, conflict resolution and upward social mobility. In other words, arts education accomplishes much of what we expect from general education.

Inculcating students in the gun culture is all well and good so long as actual education isn't the sacrificial lamb in the bargain.

Why are you making the automatic assumption that arts will be dropped in favor of a full time gun safety class?

It will be, at most, one semester. It is an elective. Lighten up on the strawman arguments.

Forum List

Back