SouthPark : "oh no! ...they killed Romney" :)

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
the creators of Southpark, ...apparently hard core leftists, are showing a play about Mormons in swing states.
the play is breaking attendance records ...or so they say

The creators of South Park are hardcore leftists? Did you decide that because they disagree with you on something? If anything I would describe them as libertarian. The best part about their show is that they will go after anyone on both sides.

I don't think they belong to any side. They go after anything and everything - and everyone.

the creators of Southpark, ...apparently hard core leftists, are showing a play about Mormons in swing states.

Here is a quote from a story, posted a year ago.

"Joanna Brooks, who grew up in a conservative Mormon home, agrees that Parker and Stone seem to have a soft spot for her faith, despite their penchant for lampooning it. Brooks, who lives in San Francisco and writes for the online magazine Religion Dispatches, is also hoping for a production to make it to the West Coast."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...cal-mormons-excited-suspicious/#ixzz23c1fYAMx

"“We love musicals, and we love Mormons,” Parker said. “I think if any Mormons come and stay all the way through, they’ll end up liking the show. I mean, it rips on them a lot, but in the end their spirit of wanting to help wins the day.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...cal-mormons-excited-suspicious/#ixzz23c23MLI6

Have you seen the Mormon episode? Yeah, they rip on them with factual points about the religion.. But in the end they point out what good members of the community they are, and how family is very important to them.
It probably did more to make the mormon's look good, than the I Am Mormon commercials.

Have you seen the Mormon episode? Yeah, they rip on them with factual points about the religion.. But in the end they point out what good members of the community they are, and how family is very important to them.
It probably did more to make the mormon's look good, than the I Am Mormon commercials.

You talk like that's a good thing.

Yeah, the Mormons have gotten very good at deflecting from how evil, stupid and ridiculous their beliefs are by putting on that phony nice act bullshit while they look for a place to stick a knife.

I made the mistake of falling for that once.

Mormonism is a cult.

Yeah, the Mormons have gotten very good at deflecting from how evil, stupid and ridiculous their beliefs are by putting on that phony nice act bullshit while they look for a place to stick a knife.

Mormonism is a cult.

Huh?

Mormonism is a cult.

Huh?

MOrmon is a cult started by pedophile con men. Just because they put on the happy face and try to tell you how nice they are, doesn't take away from the batshit crazy any more than Scientology putting Tom Cruise out there takes away from the fact they were started by a failed Science fiction writer.

And that's the sad thing. If we can't even debunk the con jobs masquarading as religion, how are we ever going to outgrow superstition and ignorance and fear?

Parker and Stone have taken a jab at everyone from Rush Limbaugh to the Canadians. They're equal opportunity offendors... that I like about them.

I'm guessing Wolfstrike never saw the Al Gore/manbearpig episode. As others have mentioned, South Park takes jabs at just about every religious and political group out there.

If you're going to accuse any animated series producers of being hard-core leftists, start with Seth MacFarlane. Family Guy is almost at MSNBC's level when it comes to functioning as a propoganda arm of the Democratic Party.

Mormonism is a cult.

Huh?

MOrmon is a cult started by pedophile con men. Just because they put on the happy face and try to tell you how nice they are, doesn't take away from the batshit crazy any more than Scientology putting Tom Cruise out there takes away from the fact they were started by a failed Science fiction writer.

And that's the sad thing. If we can't even debunk the con jobs masquarading as religion, how are we ever going to outgrow superstition and ignorance and fear?

That wasn't what I was saying huh at. ;)

Forum List

Back