Spewing the Lies of Yesteryear is no way for a Geezer to Become Relevant

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
In addition to other frustrated Republicans, Laura Ingraham had expressed her disgust with the ol' codger's remaining mired in his stale falsehoods concerning his 2020 defeat.

She called him a "whiner" and begged him to "stop talking about 2020"
and the false claims that he had lost the last election due to voter fraud."

And the swiftboat hit job that had been concocted to smear Walz was rendered laughable when it was noted that the Democratic VP candidate had documented the matter at the time:

One person who wrote a letter supporting Walz was Sgt. Ryan Marti, a former member of Walz’s battery who was deployed in Iraq at the time. Marti said members of his unit were extremely supportive and glad to see Walz run for Congress.
“In 2003, we were stationed in Italy at the beginning of the Iraq invasion,” Marti told CNN. “He’d been serving since I think he was 17 when he joined up. … An opportunity that he never planned for came up to do something bigger. No one in the unit felt bad about this. I mean, a lot of us were extremely happy, and a lot of the teachers at school were happy.”
Walz accurately described his service in an interview that year with the Minneapolis-St. Paul City Pages in June 2006.
“I did 10 months with Operation Enduring Freedom, where, by luck of the draw, I served in Italy. It was originally Turkey or Iraq and then they changed it to Enduring Freedom and I said, ‘That’s Afghanistan.’ But they said, ‘You guys are going to do the supply lines between Turkey and England.’ We provided total base security and the training for soldiers coming in,” he said.

Will the sexual abuser/business fraud/convicted felon and his reproductive authoritarian sidekick ever confront the exigencies of 2024?

that kind of job recommendation seems like a great candidate and more important, a good guy. trump is done. the press will never hound him to step down or even try to dam his tsunami of lies. this one is up to us. thanks for the link , schmidlap.

I’ve known Tim Walz as a teacher, a coach and leader. I’ve had the privilege of sitting in his classroom, running up and down the football field, and serving our nation under his leadership.

I am on deployment to Iraq.

Many of my fellow soldiers and former classmates have shown their support for Walz and I feel I must do the same.

In his classroom, Walz challenged us to think openly and consider all points of view. He taught us stand in the other person’s shoes and to try and see the issue from their perspective.

Isn’t this exactly what we want in a leader? Someone who will listen to everyone and make the right decision?

On the football field he continued to teach. He taught us that teamwork, discipline and hard work is the key to winning. Without having to be told we knew it was OK to make a mistake, we also knew it was never OK to break a rule even if we got away with it.

Walz will do the right thing the right way. He will not cheat. I’m not saying that the other guy will or won’t — I just know that Walz will be honest and true.

After high school Walz convinced me to join the National Guard. I still had more lessons to learn. Walz taught me what it takes to be a good leader, and I owe my leadership success to him.

Walz was an excellent soldier and is a natural leader, and nobody except those who have served with him, have the right to question his service. It says something about a man’s character when everyone who has served with him respects him.

Sgt. Ryan Marti

Forum List

Back