Sponsors are dropping rush.

LOL. Hey Pale Rider. Now 35 sponsors canceling their advertising on the Limpbaugh show. Not exactly an endorsement of the obese junkies rants.

Rush Limbaugh Apology -- Fails To Keep Advertisers

The exodus from Rush Limbaugh‘s syndicated radio show didn’t seem to slow today following his apology for calling Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute.” He made the comments last week after she urged Congress to require employer health insurance plans to cover contraception. The number of advertisers who’ve said that they’re withdrawing their support for the show rose to 35 according to a count by the politically progressive Web site Think Progress. The list now includes AccuQuote Life Insurance, Service Magic, PolyCom, Hadeed Carpet, Thompson Creek, and St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Connecticut. In addition, two radio stations have dropped Limbaugh: KPUA in Hilo, Hawaii and WBEC in Pittsfield, Mass. WBEC said that it would stop carrying the show beginning March 15 because ”Rush’s defamatory and disparaging remarks about Ms. Fluke clearly violated the standards we have set for our stations.” Clear Channel’s Premiere Networks, which syndicates Limbaugh, said that ”in an attempt at absurdist humor to illustrate his political point, Mr. Limbaugh used words that unfortunately distracted from the message he was trying to convey.” It added that he “did the right thing” by offering “his sincere and heartfelt apology to Ms. Fluke.” Bloomberg commentator Michael Kinsley says though, that ”the self-righteous parade out the door by Limbaugh’s advertisers is hard to stomach. Had they never listened to Rush before, in all the years they had been paying for commercials on his show? His sliming of a barely known law student may be a new low… but it’s not a huge gap” from criticisms that he has made about well known people including Nancy Pelosi and Michelle Obama.

Some sponsors that have dropped want to come back and renew. New sponsors are lining up. For new companies that couldn't break into the Rush advertising it's proving to be a major benefit.

Well, here are 22 of them.

Rush Limbaugh's Dropped Sponsors 2012

Monday, March 5, 2012Rush Limbaugh's Dropped Sponsors 2012
Rush Limbaugh's Dropped Sponsors in 2012. The following sponsors dropped advertising from The Rush Limbaugh Program. CorporateOfficeHeadquarters.com has them listed and you can leave your comments about the controversy. Links to the information are below:

1. Quicken Loans
2. ProFlowers
3. Select Comfort / Sleep Number
4. Sleep Train
5. Citrix Systems
6. Legal Zoom
7. AOL
8. AccuQuote
9. Service Magic
10. Polycom
11. Hadeed Carpet
12. Thompson Creek Windows
13. Tax Resolution Services
14. Lending Tree
15. LifeQuotes
16. Mid West Life
17. eHarmony
18. Carbonite
19. Hotwire
20. Overstock
21. Sears
22. Allstate

I am listening now and there are still plenty of old advertisers with some new ones.

You are aware that some local advertisers don't get to "drop" advertising. They still have to pay the full amount of the contract price to the radio station. They might choose to not advertise on Rush, but they are still obligated to advertise on the station meaning no one is really losing any money.

Have you ever had radio advertising? Do you know how it works?

She didn't get hurt by this. She got just what she wanted out of it...to be put front and center for her cause. The dems and her were counting on the media's reaction that was created.
Get off the victim mentality...it's so transparent. :eusa_whistle:
Same with Rosa Parks. If at first you can't get arrested and force a scandal, try try again. Flucke got lucky and got traction from the psycho-sycophants in the media right away, for a cause not even worthy of the same tactics used to get civil rights done.

Lucky that Rush is such a blowhard. :lol:
Lucky the media are useful idiots and obey the radical left's orders you mean.

I am listening now and there are still plenty of old advertisers with some new ones.

You are aware that some local advertisers don't get to "drop" advertising. They still have to pay the full amount of the contract price to the radio station. They might choose to not advertise on Rush, but they are still obligated to advertise on the station meaning no one is really losing any money.

Pfft. Of course he does not.

yes some buy left over air time and really have no control on where it is played.
but not all of them.

You buy a block of time divided by spots, 15 second spots or 30 second spots. How much you pay depends on how many spots you buy. Then you can choose which shows you want your spots to appear. If all the spots on your chosen show aren't taken you get a slot. All an advertiser can do that bought a block of time is say "I don't want my spot on this show anymore." He still has to pay the full amount, the time is just shifted to another show. Theoretically a radio show can exist on a station without any advertising at all. They are wholly supported by the bundled spots assigned to other shows. That's how Bill Maher exists on HBO. He doesn't need advertisers.

In any event. Rush's show is unaffected by the withdrawal of some advertisers.

yes some buy left over air time and really have no control on where it is played.
but not all of them.

You buy a block of time divided by spots, 15 second spots or 30 second spots. How much you pay depends on how many spots you buy. Then you can choose which shows you want your spots to appear. If all the spots on your chosen show aren't taken you get a slot. All an advertiser can do that bought a block of time is say "I don't want my spot on this show anymore." He still has to pay the full amount, the time is just shifted to another show. Theoretically a radio show can exist on a station without any advertising at all. They are wholly supported by the bundled spots assigned to other shows. That's how Bill Maher exists on HBO. He doesn't need advertisers.

thank you for info, very interesting.

Well here's what's known as an unintended consequence I just came across on Drudge. Since Carbonite announced they're leaving Rush on Saturday their stock has taken a big hit on the NASDAQ. Quote from the link below...Carbonite stock (NASDAQ:CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.

A little shareholders rebellion going on?

http://http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/investors-flee-carbonite-after-limbaugh-announcement/

Is there a direct connection between the two? Is Carbonite the only stock dropping around that much? Or are several stocks dropping that day? A little research?

A little reading comprehension goes a long way. You're asking questions already answered. Maybe the bold will help you this go-round.

She's got public financing for her outsize BC bill. She just wants to force Catholics to pay instead of whoever donates voluntarily.

I have seen the numbers anywhere from 22 to 33 sponsors who have dropped advertising with Rush Limbaugh.
He has 600 affiliates and 18,000 sponsors, so I don't think that 22 or even 33 that has dropped him will affect him in any way at all, especially if he has 18,000 sponsors, that just a small drop in the bucket.

Last edited:
She's got public financing for her outsize BC bill. She just wants to force Catholics to pay instead of whoever donates voluntarily.
it's always been about forcing a religion to be subjugated to government. Gotta find a way to break the first amendment SOMEHOW!

but not all of them.

I don't know if that is accurate. My guess is the Limbaugh show makes most of its money in its syndication to more than 600 stations. He does have his own "network" advertisers which I am assuming the ones we have heard pull off are.
If they are in fact just national advertisers buying into Rush through various groups like Clear Channel, it really has zero effect on him unless Clear Channel itself drops the show.

WHERE do the wacko rw's get this crap? Its not true and there is no evidence of it.

Or, would you like to post proof?

No?

Didn't think so.

Just watched lushbo video on the news. He said he has not lost as many sponsors as the news said and the news is lying. He also said he has just gained 3 sponsors and then said, 'Obviously, I'm not going to tell you who they are'.

If they are in fact just national advertisers buying into Rush through various groups like Clear Channel, it really has zero effect on him unless Clear Channel itself drops the show.

Since Bain is one of Clear's owners, that's not going to happen. rw's care only about one thing - money.

Forum List

Back