Sponsors are dropping rush.

So... the question for all you slavering leftist psycho-sycophants is this: Do you expect this to actually hurt Rush? Do you think this will drive him off the air or decrease his audience?

Really?

not sure it will hurt him but im guessing he is a toxic subject for the republican party since what he does reflects on them in a strange sort of way.

and should we just suck it when some ass clown vomits his contempt and hate for a woman he knows nothing about? just like he has a right to call her a slut. we have the right to tell him what we think. and we have. we dont condone it and have said so.

there are consequences when you use your fame and popularity to hurt people.

So... the question for all you slavering leftist psycho-sycophants is this: Do you expect this to actually hurt Rush? Do you think this will drive him off the air or decrease his audience?

Really?

Yesterday I wanted to post losing current sponsors is no big deal as others would step in to fill the void, but I didn't because I was too lazy to read through all the pages of this thread to see if someone had already made that point.

Today I still haven't read them but I heard confirmation this morning that one company has done exactly that, stepped up to take the place of a departed sponsor. Our local Rush station runs a segment each morning called Rush Update, about 2 minutes of Rush talking about some subject or other followed by him hawking one of his sponsors. So, the Carbonite folks abandoned Rush and who sponsored the Rush Update today? LifeLock, a Carbonite competitor. And because Rush's record is one of moving prodigious amounts of sponsors' products/services other companies will step up just like the LifeLock folks have.

Sorry lefties. Another wasted dream.

Last edited:
Well here's what's known as an unintended consequence I just came across on Drudge. Since Carbonite announced they're leaving Rush on Saturday their stock has taken a big hit on the NASDAQ. Quote from the link below...Carbonite stock (NASDAQ:CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.

A little shareholders rebellion going on?

http://http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/investors-flee-carbonite-after-limbaugh-announcement/

Really?

not sure it will hurt him but im guessing he is a toxic subject for the republican party since what he does reflects on them in a strange sort of way.

and should we just suck it when some ass clown vomits his contempt and hate for a woman he knows nothing about? just like he has a right to call her a slut. we have the right to tell him what we think. and we have. we dont condone it and have said so.

She didn't get hurt by this. She got just what she wanted out of it...to be put front and center for her cause. The dems and her were counting on the media's reaction that was created.
Get off the victim mentality...it's so transparent. :eusa_whistle:

Well here's what's known as an unintended consequence I just came across on Drudge. Since Carbonite announced they're leaving Rush on Saturday their stock has taken a big hit on the NASDAQ. Quote from the link below...Carbonite stock (NASDAQ:CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.

http://http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/06/investors-flee-carbonite-after-limbaugh-announcement/

I saw that. Libs never think that conservatives will do anything to fight back.

Is there a direct connection between the two? Is Carbonite the only stock dropping around that much? Or are several stocks dropping that day? A little research?

With Rush as a vehicle, these advertisers reached a huge pool of potential customers. By pulling the advertising, they cut off that avenue, a lucrative avenue, of customers. It is to be expected that stock prices would reflect that loss.

So now the left has another ax to grind with rush he killed the stock market:lol:

Really?

She didn't get hurt by this. She got just what she wanted out of it...to be put front and center for her cause. The dems and her were counting on the media's reaction that was created.

actually i will give that to you , she didnt get hurt by it.
but the republican party will no doubt take a hit for it because
the women who have heard that shit and have heard nothing from any republicans
to defend her...

the prez calls her in support and the republican party demonizes her.
who do you think women all over the country will look to for leadership?

hmm...as i've said before. obamas/democrat gift from the gods ..

and as for a victim thing...people are fighting back all over the country..pretty sure that is not
victim-like behavior....

just saying we arent sitting at home crying about it...

that stock has been going down for quite sometime now..

click on '5 years'

Carbonite Inc (CARB.O) Chart| Reuters.com
not sure rush is much of a factor.

Last edited:
With Rush as a vehicle, these advertisers reached a huge pool of potential customers. By pulling the advertising, they cut off that avenue, a lucrative avenue, of customers. It is to be expected that stock prices would reflect that loss.

Now Rush has power over the Stock Market. :lol::lol::lol:

No wonder the Republicans kiss his butt.

actually i will give that to you , she didnt get hurt by it.
but the republican party will no doubt take a hit for it because
the women who have heard that shit and have heard nothing from any republicans
to defend her...

the prez calls her in support and the republican party demonizes her.
who do you think women all over the country will look to for leadership?

hmm...as i've said before. obamas/democrat gift from the gods ..

Leftists are not making the right connections. Do women want to pay for the birth control of someone else? Especially for someone who has a BC bill that runs $1,000 a year when they should be studying and going to class.

Be honest for a change if you can lefties. The issue isn't about a political activist being called a slut by a voice on the radio. How many examples do you need of left wing media types consistently insulting conservative women like Sara Palin, Laura Ingraham, Ann Colter and Dr. Condie Rice? The issue is simple enough when you think about it. It's about the attempt to silence speech you don't agree with. Lefties tried to hush Rush before but that pesky 1st Amendment keeps getting in the way. Now the left is trying a subversive tactic by putting pressure on sponsors to drop a radio program. It seems that only the left gets outraged enough to try to silence opposition speech. There is a lot of hatred on the left and radio talk Show host Michael Savage might have been right when he said "liberalism is a mental illness".

Be honest for a change if you can lefties. The issue isn't about a political activist being called a slut by a voice on the radio. How many examples do you need of left wing media types consistently insulting conservative women like Sara Palin, Laura Ingraham, Ann Colter and Dr. Condie Rice? The issue is simple enough when you think about it. It's about the attempt to silence speech you don't agree with. Lefties tried to hush Rush before but that pesky 1st Amendment keeps getting in the way. Now the left is trying a subversive tactic by putting pressure on sponsors to drop a radio program. It seems that only the left gets outraged enough to try to silence opposition speech. There is a lot of hatred on the left and radio talk Show host Michael Savage might have been right when he said "liberalism is a mental illness".

personally i feel it is abhorrent to denigrate anyone like rush did..even ann coulter...

it is not ok to use a public voice to simply degrade someone. anyone that has a microphone needs to understand that young men will hear this shit and think it is acceptable to call a woman a slut? someone you dont know, never met or know anything about.

that is not ok. and when the left pulls that shit i call them out too. i am the first person to
call my local politicians or obama oe celebs like this and tell them when they are shit.

and yes i am a left leaning 'lib'.

Really?

Same with Rosa Parks. If at first you can't get arrested and force a scandal, try try again. Flucke got lucky and got traction from the psycho-sycophants in the media right away, for a cause not even worthy of the same tactics used to get civil rights done. I can't wait for this protest chant coming up:

"What do we want?"
"To slut out for free!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"
"Who should pay for it?"
"The Churches we hate!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"

Yep. This subject is a REAL winner for the left when you strip away the "Rush hurt her now rather well off and famous feelings" bullshit.

Same with Rosa Parks. If at first you can't get arrested and force a scandal, try try again. Flucke got lucky and got traction from the psycho-sycophants in the media right away, for a cause not even worthy of the same tactics used to get civil rights done.

Lucky that Rush is such a blowhard. :lol:

Forum List

Back