STATE COMPARES CHRISTIAN BAKER TO NAZIS

It isn't that hard. A gay couple came into the bakery to order a wedding cake and make an appointment for a tasting. They were told that the bakery doesn't make wedding cakes. They can buy any cake out of the case and call it a wedding cake. Or they can go to Susie Cakes in Brentwood that advertises wedding cakes.

Not if they can punish someone for expressing their beliefs.

Priorities, priorities.

It isn't that hard. A gay couple came into the bakery to order a wedding cake and make an appointment for a tasting. They were told that the bakery doesn't make wedding cakes. They can buy any cake out of the case and call it a wedding cake. Or they can go to Susie Cakes in Brentwood that advertises wedding cakes.
No problem then, unless someone gets wind of the fact that they do make wedding cakes that they charge for, then it's time to call the lawyers in.

Huh. What does that mean as applied to this case?

The right for gays to marry does not trump the right of a person to practice his religion. Matter of fact the baker is doing NOTHING to stop the gays from their rights, but they sure as hell are trying to stop him from practicing his rights.
Baking wedding cakes is serving Profit, not God. A business is not a church, it's not that hard to understand, and that debate was settled decades ago.

The debate settled decades ago never mentioned sin. It did cover race, gender, etc.

This is a new ball game.

Mark

And where in the bible is there a prohibition against selling cake.....?

So, if I don't rob the bank, and just drive the get-a-way car, I'm not complicit in the act of robbing the bank?

Mark

So......where is the prohibition against cake selling again? Its a simple question.

No, I'm a realist. In the real world I can't have the ******* driving all over town trying to find a gas station that serves "their kind". They have lives to get on with. If you sell gas, you sell to all who can afford it, period. A business is not a church.
^ that

places like hobby lobby & chik-fil-a need to locate their branches in a church annex if they want spechul treatment IMO.

Capitalism is regulated. So sad for you I guess.

This is not a question of capitalism, but religion. And again, you cannot demand anyone to give up their rights just for the privilege of being allowed the freedom to open a business.
We can and we do. You don't have freedom of speech in the workplace and you don't have freedom of religion when running a business open to the public. You can rail against it like a child but that is the reality, at least here it is.

What a commie pig you are.
No, I'm a realist. In the real world I can't have the ******* driving all over town trying to find a gas station that serves "their kind". They have lives to get on with. If you sell gas, you sell to all who can afford it, period. A business is not a church.

No, you're a cowardly commie pig.
You really should grow up someday. In the real world compromises must be made, deals are cut. This is one of them.

This is not a question of capitalism, but religion. And again, you cannot demand anyone to give up their rights just for the privilege of being allowed the freedom to open a business.
We can and we do. You don't have freedom of speech in the workplace and you don't have freedom of religion when running a business open to the public. You can rail against it like a child but that is the reality, at least here it is.

^ that

places like hobby lobby & chik-fil-a need to locate their branches in a church annex if they want spechul treatment IMO.
That won't do it either, unless they sell only to church members. They have a chance with that, but not much of one.

You really should grow up someday. In the real world compromises must be made, deals are cut. This is one of them.

No, it's not.

There are scum like you, and then there are people of integrity and honor. You wouldn't understand.

Bullshit. We don't have to serve all if in serving them we violate the tenets of our faith. They can get service elsewhere.

So do muslims get to ignore any law they don't like? If Christianity is supreme over Islam....does that mean that Sharia is as well?

Muslims conduct their business in accordance with shariah law. Like the muslim bakery I went to in Persian Square. When a muslim restaurant follows sharia law and only serves halal meat no one can stop them.

Bake the damn cake and pray to Jesus on Sundays. Baking cakes is about serving a profit, not serving God.

Your opinion does not make a rule. There are some that think that their entire life should be religious based, not just their private life. And the Constitution says they can.

Mark
Who interprets the Constitution Marky Mark?

Guess who wrote this? Hint: it wasn't a Progressive.
"To permit this would be to make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself,"

Exactly. What 's being argued by Christians is a sovereign citizen rationale. Where Christians are free to ignore any law they don't want to follow.

But they don't think think it through. As if Christianity makes one immune to all law, then wouldn't a Muslim be similarly immune?

Really, stop being a child. It's annoying.

Do it our way or you will be punished.

Ironic, given the thread title.

Poor, poor babble :( :rofl:

If you are in the marketplace then you are in the marketplace. No gray area there hun.

Bullshit. We don't have to serve all if in serving them we violate the tenets of our faith. They can get service elsewhere.

So do muslims get to ignore any law they don't like? If Christianity is supreme over Islam....does that mean that Sharia is as well?

Muslims conduct their business in accordance with shariah law. Like the muslim bakery I went to in Persian Square. When a muslim restaurant follows sharia law and only serves halal meat no one can stop them.

Yeah, but Sharia law doesn't trump civil law. When sharia conflicts with Civil, civil law wins. If religious belief puts one's religion above civil law, then Sharia trumps civil law now?

If not, why not? And should we notify the folks in Dearborn?

The menu might be God's law, but the fire codes are Man's law. See how that works?

No, it's not.

There are scum like you, and then there are people of integrity and honor. You wouldn't understand.
The laws are on my side little Christian. This isn't a country for you it seems so move to Jesusland. TY.

Yes, commie pigs imagine their lack of integrity, honesty and honor makes them superior.

It doesn't. It just makes you a waste of breath.

Meanwhile..there are no laws that demand that Christian bakers create cakes for homosexual pukes. Though I'm sure the pigs will take care of that.

Yes, commie pigs imagine their lack of integrity, honesty and honor makes them superior.

Meanwhile..there are no laws that demand that Christian bakers create cakes for homosexual pukes. Though I'm sure the pigs will take care of that.

Meanwhile, there are Public Accomidation laws that mandate that those engaged in public business treat their customers fairly and equally.

The right for gays to marry does not trump the right of a person to practice his religion. Matter of fact the baker is doing NOTHING to stop the gays from their rights, but they sure as hell are trying to stop him from practicing his rights.
Baking wedding cakes is serving Profit, not God. A business is not a church, it's not that hard to understand, and that debate was settled decades ago.

The debate settled decades ago never mentioned sin. It did cover race, gender, etc.

This is a new ball game.

Mark

And where in the bible is there a prohibition against selling cake.....?

So, if I don't rob the bank, and just drive the get-a-way car, I'm not complicit in the act of robbing the bank?

Mark

So......where is the prohibition against cake selling again? Its a simple question.

It was the eleventh Commandment in the missing tablet Mosses broke on the way down the mountain.

"Thou Shalt Not Bake Gay Wedding Cakes"

They're just going to force Christian bakers underground, lol.
There will be a black market for Christian baked goods.

I like that thought.

No because Christian bakers make all kinds of baked goods and never discriminate. The separate market will be for specialty goods like wedding cakes. There will be bakeries that advertise wedding cakes and those that don't offer this service to the public.

In order for any business to come under public accommodation laws it must in fact actually offer services to the general public. Public accommodation laws only extend to the services that they offer.

There are photographers who specialize in children or pets. Some only offer photographic services to realtors and only photograph homes. Good luck forcing one of those to photograph your wedding or make your head shots.

Meanwhile, there are Public Accomidation laws that mandate that those engaged in public business treat their customers fairly and equally.

Bakers have a right to specialize. They don't have to participate in events that go against their religious beliefs, and that includes selling cakes to asshole homos who are seeking to run them out of business by targeting them and demanding they participate in their disgusting rituals.

Next they'll be insisting that all Christian housekeepers be required to wear spandex and suspenders and give blow jobs on demand.

Forum List

Back