STATE COMPARES CHRISTIAN BAKER TO NAZIS

No right should trump any other right.

Mark

Huh. What does that mean as applied to this case?

The right for gays to marry does not trump the right of a person to practice his religion. Matter of fact the baker is doing NOTHING to stop the gays from their rights, but they sure as hell are trying to stop him from practicing his rights.
Baking wedding cakes is serving Profit, not God. A business is not a church, it's not that hard to understand, and that debate was settled decades ago.

The debate settled decades ago never mentioned sin. It did cover race, gender, etc.

This is a new ball game.

Mark

And where in the bible is there a prohibition against selling cake.....?

Mark

The right for gays to marry does not trump the right of a person to practice his religion. Matter of fact the baker is doing NOTHING to stop the gays from their rights, but they sure as hell are trying to stop him from practicing his rights.
Baking wedding cakes is serving Profit, not God. A business is not a church, it's not that hard to understand, and that debate was settled decades ago.

The debate settled decades ago never mentioned sin. It did cover race, gender, etc.
No, it isn't. Serve one, serve all. It's not complicated.

Do it our way or you will be punished.

Ironic, given the thread title.

Capitalism is regulated. So sad for you I guess.

This is not a question of capitalism, but religion. And again, you cannot demand anyone to give up their rights just for the privilege of being allowed the freedom to open a business.

And, FTR, you should hope it never happens.

Mark

They're very selective in their adherence to laws and regulations, aren't they?

This is driven by their narcissism and ideology, not laws and regulations.

Bullshit. We don't have to serve all if in serving them we violate the tenets of our faith. They can get service elsewhere.

Bake the damn cake and pray to Jesus on Sundays. Baking cakes is about serving a profit, not serving God.
Your opinion does not make a rule. There are some that think that their entire life should be religious based, not just their private life. And the Constitution says they can.
Running a business couldn't be further away from living a religious life. If you wish to serve Jesus then do, but making a profit has nothing at all to do with serving him, and he said so. Come and be fishes of men. The business they left behind with dad and the boat.

Now, you are telling everyone what is religious and what isn't?

Not the way it works.

Mark

Is there any doubt that Nazis and Slavers professed to be Christian and used that to justify their actions?

Could be. Now, we have the flip side, do we not? Homosexuals forcing people to follow their beliefs and using law to justify their actions.

Be careful who you "back". They could be the modern day version of slavers and Nazi's.

Mark

By forcing businesses working in the public sector to not discriminate against them for being that way? Not quite the same thing as forcing a belief on someone.

Since when does "business" invalidate a right? If a person has a right to freedom of religion, he has the right to exercise those beliefs in his day to day life.

He is not infringing on a gay couple by not baking them a cake, but they ARE infringing on his rights by using the force of law to compel him to bake one.

I see only one side here acting like the "Nazi's" people are claiming to see, and it isn't the baker.

Mark

Since they passed the anti-discrimination law. Yes, he is discriminating against them by refusing to bake them a cake simply because it will be used in a "Gay Wedding". They are not forcing their belief on him either.

Personally I'd never trust that baker (don't piss off your waiter).

The baker was never called or compared to a Nazi.

And? That "anti-discrimination law" cannot Constitutionally be valid if it try's to supersede other rights.

Mark

Other rights?

"Thou Shalt Not Bake Gay Wedding Cakes"

This is not a question of capitalism, but religion. And again, you cannot demand anyone to give up their rights just for the privilege of being allowed the freedom to open a business.
We can and we do. You don't have freedom of speech in the workplace and you don't have freedom of religion when running a business open to the public. You can rail against it like a child but that is the reality, at least here it is.

They're just going to force Christian bakers underground, lol.
There will be a black market for Christian baked goods.

I like that thought.

Bullshit. We don't have to serve all if in serving them we violate the tenets of our faith. They can get service elsewhere.

So do muslims get to ignore any law they don't like? If Christianity is supreme over Islam....does that mean that Sharia is as well?

We can and we do. You don't have freedom of speech in the workplace and you don't have freedom of religion when running a business open to the public. You can rail against it like a child but that is the reality, at least here it is.

What a commie pig you are.

I like that thought.

There's not 'Christian' cake and 'Non-Christian' cake. Its just cake.

So do muslims get to ignore any law they don't like? If Christianity is supreme over Islam....does that mean that Sharia is as well?

I could give a shit if Muslims refuse to bake Christian wedding cakes. They're crappy bakers anyway,.

It isn't that hard. A gay couple came into the bakery to order a wedding cake and make an appointment for a tasting. They were told that the bakery doesn't make wedding cakes. They can buy any cake out of the case and call it a wedding cake. Or they can go to Susie Cakes in Brentwood that advertises wedding cakes.

No, I'm a realist. In the real world I can't have the ******* driving all over town trying to find a gas station that serves "their kind". They have lives to get on with. If you sell gas, you sell to all who can afford it, period. A business is not a church.

Bake the damn cake and pray to Jesus on Sundays. Baking cakes is about serving a profit, not serving God.

Your opinion does not make a rule. There are some that think that their entire life should be religious based, not just their private life. And the Constitution says they can.

Mark
Who interprets the Constitution Marky Mark?

Guess who wrote this? Hint: it wasn't a Progressive.
"To permit this would be to make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself,"

I like that thought.
Feel free. The Christians have had to hide many times before.

That's right, they have.

For example, they had to hide when they were smuggling slaves out of the south.

And they have to hide currently in places like China, India, and various and assorted muslim countries.

So what? They are historically on the right side, and this is no different.

Mark

This is a new ball game.

Mark

And where in the bible is there a prohibition against selling cake.....?

So, if I don't rob the bank, and just drive the get-a-way car, I'm not complicit in the act of robbing the bank?

Mark

No, I'm a realist. In the real world I can't have the ******* driving all over town trying to find a gas station that serves "their kind". They have lives to get on with. If you sell gas, you sell to all who can afford it, period. A business is not a church.

No, you're a cowardly commie pig.

Forum List

Back