Still Not Tired of Winning

The issue is their subsidies, which is why we need our own tarriffs.
We profit from their subsidies. Their big gubmints pay a big chunk of the price of their products for us.

A tariff makes a country pay more for its own product, while making it more expensive for other countries to buy that product too. The result is less demand, less supply, and less production. Wealh destroyed.

A tarriff makes consumers pay more for an imported product, or pay as much as they would for a domestic product if the imported one can be made cheaper.

you are thinking of an export tax.

And the demand for steel and aluminum will not be subsided by a 25% and 10% tarriff respectively.
A tariff increases the domestic price of its targeted product 100% of the time. And higher prices lower demand 100% of the time.

Thank you for arguing against increasing the minimum wage for burger flippers.
Yep I bet Trump starts proposing that soon and you end up supporting it.

No, I wouldn't.

besides the tariff thing may just be a negotiating ploy.

The issue is their subsidies, which is why we need our own tarriffs.
We profit from their subsidies. Their big gubmints pay a big chunk of the price of their products for us.

A tariff makes a country pay more for its own product, while making it more expensive for other countries to buy that product too. The result is less demand, less supply, and less production. Wealh destroyed.

A tarriff makes consumers pay more for an imported product, or pay as much as they would for a domestic product if the imported one can be made cheaper.

And the demand for steel and aluminum will not be subsided by a 25% and 10% tarriff respectively.
A tariff increases the domestic price of its targeted product 100% of the time. And higher prices lower demand 100% of the time.
I'm going to shout because any idiot can make any statement ....
View attachment 181002
When you create a tariff the demand for the domestically made product goes up. So the domestic product’s price goes up. As the price goes up, the overall demand for the product decreases. So American steel will cost more, despite American manufacturer’s purchasing less steel overall and thus producing less.
how much does it go up? does it offset welfare payments that are paid out for those who lost jobs in that industry?

Thank you for arguing against increasing the minimum wage for burger flippers.
Yep I bet Trump starts proposing that soon and you end up supporting it.

No, I wouldn't.

besides the tariff thing may just be a negotiating ploy.
One hopes

Forum List

Back