Stop looking down on us, please.

I'm probably going to be insulted, chastised, accused of hypocrisy in some sort of way, inciting double standards or whatnot for this post. For those of you not inclined to reading at least a minute or two, please, pass this post by.

But whatever you do, stop looking down on us, please.

Yes, I/we voted for Trump. Not all of us as Trump supporters voted for him because he "tells it like it is" or because we want to stick it to the "establishment." But does that warrant every other person who didn't looking down on us like we're a collective of brainless zombies? We're more often than not referred to in many sorts of derogatory ways, like "stupid", "un-American", "unintelligent", "Nazis", "Drumpfs", "Trumpettes", "racists" "pigs" or what have you. We're not idiots. We're smart people. We have the ability to think, to deduce, to reason. We don't deserve to be labeled. We're not monsters or automatons.

We don't deserve to be blamed for every Tom, Dick, or Harry who decides it would be cute to throw a left hook at or threaten to kill someone during a Trump rally. Violence is wrong, and yes, Trump is wrong for using inciteful rhetoric, though what happened in Chicago a couple nights back was not his fault, like it or not. He had just as much right to speak as the protesters did. But I digress.

Most of us value civility, but to hear the media and everyone else, were out there looking for a fight. We're not members of the Schutzstaffel (The Nazi SS) looking to round up Muslims, Hispanics, or African Americans from their homes in the night, just so we can slit their throats in a perverted sense of superiority. We don't play the knockout game.

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump. There would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we vote for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that."
Another good example of Trump brained rationale. These people have no idea what they believe or why, they just know that they do.
Your viewpoint is an example of why Trump's campaign keeps getting stronger as it attracts more people who WILL vote for him..
We are telling you that we will no longer play your game. We will no longer pay you any mind when you throw insults and accusations at us. We will no longer defend against them. We are simply blowing you off.
we have a candidate that is not going to kowtow to the leftist rhetoric that you had in the past been able to silence us.
Call us all the names you like. We no longer care what you say or do. You can roll out the organized protests with the pre printed signs, bused in demonstrators looking to engage in confrontation. We don't care. We are moving forward. And the more your side insults, protests and demonstrates, the stronger we become.

I'm human. Therefore I only appreciate rationality--however a rational being is something we humans are not.

Look, it makes perfect sense.

I unerstand where you are coming from. You are tired of following the "sensible" path. You are tired of being the only rational person in the room.

So you tried something nutty! In slang, it is called "going on a nut roll". Since all the reasonable and rational paths taken has failed, you decided to break down walls, blow up doors.

You went crazy because sanity does not seem to work for you.

That is natural human behavior. No need to think about it, just act from intuition!

Well, if that's how it's going to be, I'll speak in a language that only you and your maladroit friends will be able to understand.

tumblr_o1gu0jPMAL1sqj6e9o1_250.gif

I suppose if you're voting for Trump you had to write that OP dissertation to convince yourself you're doing the right thing.

All I have to do is here about him inciting people to violence and I know I won't vote for him.

I'm probably going to be insulted, chastised, accused of hypocrisy in some sort of way, inciting double standards or whatnot for this post. For those of you not inclined to reading at least a minute or two, please, pass this post by.

Yes, I/we voted for Trump. Not all of us as Trump supporters voted for him because he "tells it like it is" or because we want to stick it to the "establishment." But does that warrant every other person who didn't looking down on us like we're a collective of brainless zombies? We're more often than not referred to in many sorts of derogatory ways, like "stupid", "un-American", "unintelligent", "Nazis", "Drumpfs", "Trumpettes", "racists" "pigs" or what have you. We're not idiots. We're smart people. We have the ability to think, to deduce, to reason. We don't deserve to be labeled. We're not monsters or automatons.

We don't deserve to be blamed for every Tom, Dick, or Harry who decides it would be cute to throw a left hook at or threaten to kill someone during a Trump rally. Violence is wrong, and yes, Trump is wrong for using inciteful rhetoric, though what happened in Chicago a couple nights back was not his fault, like it or not. He had just as much right to speak as the protesters did. But I digress.

Most of us value civility, but to hear the media and everyone else, were out there looking for a fight. We're not members of the Schutzstaffel (The Nazi SS) looking to round up Muslims, Hispanics, or African Americans from their homes in the night, just so we can slit their throats in a perverted sense of superiority. We don't play the knockout game.

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump, there would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we voted for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for one person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, high school dropouts, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that."

Yo, I voted for him because he was on T.V.? "The Apprentice" Love that show, especially when he says? TemplarKorma, you`re FIRED!

"GTP"
765f0c361b8d2f77d0f947f01515132c.jpg

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump. There would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we vote for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

Another good example of Trump brained rationale. These people have no idea what they believe or why, they just know that they do.
Your viewpoint is an example of why Trump's campaign keeps getting stronger as it attracts more people who WILL vote for him..
We are telling you that we will no longer play your game. We will no longer pay you any mind when you throw insults and accusations at us. We will no longer defend against them. We are simply blowing you off.
we have a candidate that is not going to kowtow to the leftist rhetoric that you had in the past been able to silence us.
Call us all the names you like. We no longer care what you say or do. You can roll out the organized protests with the pre printed signs, bused in demonstrators looking to engage in confrontation. We don't care. We are moving forward. And the more your side insults, protests and demonstrates, the stronger we become.
The left loons are just showing their envy and hate for Trump because he's successful and they ain't. Plus they voted for the Messiah twice and are anxious to vote for a criminal.

The left loons are just showing their envy and hate for Trump because he's successful and they ain't. Plus they voted for the Messiah twice and are anxious to vote for a criminal.

I tellya what dood, if my public appearances were always degenerating into fisticuffs, "successful" is not quite the first adjective that would come to mind.

Unless of course ------- that was what I was aiming for.

So convince us that you are any different.

I'm human. Therefore I only appreciate rationality--however a rational being is something we humans are not.

Look, it makes perfect sense.

I unerstand where you are coming from. You are tired of following the "sensible" path. You are tired of being the only rational person in the room.

So you tried something nutty! In slang, it is called "going on a nut roll". Since all the reasonable and rational paths taken has failed, you decided to break down walls, blow up doors.

You went crazy because sanity does not seem to work for you.

That is natural human behavior. No need to think about it, just act from intuition!

Well, if that's how it's going to be, I'll speak in a language that only you and your maladroit friends will be able to understand.

tumblr_o1gu0jPMAL1sqj6e9o1_250.gif

Are you flicking me off because I am saying your rationale is not rational.
Or because we humans are naturally irrational, hence I can't look down on your insane acts

We don't deserve to be blamed for every Tom, Dick, or Harry who decides it would be cute to throw a left hook at or threaten to kill someone during a Trump rally.

Indeed. The broad brush sucks moose cock.

Maybe you should make that point to this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.
and this thread.

That oughta keep you busy for a month but let me know when you're done -- there are hundreds more.

Trump is wrong for using inciteful rhetoric, though what happened in Chicago a couple nights back was not his fault, like it or not.

Agreed. While Rump tried to incite a riot by cancelling an event people were already in the venue for and turning them loose in the street en masse, the people there did not take the bait and unfortunately for Rump, everybody went home without major incident, riot or anything else he may have had in mind. That's not Rump's doing, but in spite of his doing. And good for those people and good for the Chicago police ---- the ones who never advised shutting down the event in the first place but handled it anyway. :thup:
This rhetoric form your side is precisely what is going to be the catalyst for a Trump victory....And there is nothing you can do about it.
So keep clucking...

It's as simple as this. If the Republican party had done the job we had elected them to do, there would be no Donald Trump. If the Republican party fought twice as hard against Obama as they do Trump, there would be no Donald Trump. There would be no need for violent rhetoric and protests, or name calling. Yes, we recognize Trump is not for everyone, and that people have their own standards to adhere to, and we respect that. But the rest of us, in voting for a man that many of us don't think shares our values, we voted for him in hopes he can help us uphold them.

We voted for Trump for various reasons, and not because we're simply angry. This is a cliche saying, but it rings true today: "you don't know a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I myself don't think some of you understand us, or are unable to sympathize with us because we simply voted for Trump. Some of us are desperate. Some of us are afraid. Some of us don't see any way out other than Trump. Some of us are indeed angry; some of us are sick and tired, most of us have gone cycle after cycle voting for one person after the other, hoping that he or she would be the one. And quite frankly, if you're like me, some of us have simply just given up. We are not acting in a fit of pique, this is a movement. We have tried playing by the rules and our reward was naught.

We are American citizens from all walks of life, from business owners, entrepreneurs, to soldiers and veterans, police, and firefighters, we're moms and dads with children scraping to get by, we're employed or unemployed, rich and poor, young and old, we consist of a diverse collection of races and ethnic backgrounds. We're college graduates, high school dropouts, professors and teachers, highly educated or under educated. We're Christians, Muslims, and Jews. We are all human beings. As Shakespeare put it in his play, The Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene 1:

I think that that was certainly a well put post. To be sure, there are actually several legitimate reasons to support and vote for Trump, only an idiot or a blind extremists would deny that fact.

However, a lot of the adjectives, such as "stupid", "un-American", "unintelligent", are quite warranted. Why? Well, one of the basics of intellectual valuation is the ability to weigh between two different variables, both with positives and negatives, and choose the "best" or "least damaging" one. If you do support Trump you have, by default, shown a marked inability to fairly compare variables and make the correct decision. As a comparison point, Hitler was one of the greatest leaders the modern world has ever known. The guy took a nation in the depths of a depression and led it into a nation so powerful as to almost conquer the whole of Europe. I mean, wow...he was awesome. On the other hand, Hitler did have this little thing about killing the Jews. In fact, a reasonable person would say that even when given how great his displayed leadership was, that he is one of the greatest failings in our modern era.

Likewise, regardless of the positive qualities of Trump (of which there are some / many), the outstanding negatives that he displays makes him laughable to anybody capable of formulating a basic logical comparison between him and almost any other candidate.

Pursuant to the OP....

IF HRC and Senator Sanders proposed tax cuts and spending increases....would you say that it made logical sense that we could do both without raising the national deficit?

Donald Trump is proposing the same thing.

Couples making less than 50K will pay no tax, get a nice refund and is now suggesting that money spent on health care receive a tax break.... Meanwhile he is stating that he is going to build this wall, deport millions of people, and strengthen already the strongest military in the history of mankind. All of which will cost multiples of billions of dollars.

If you are supposedly "smart" why can't you see that Mr. Trump is lying to you?

This is why you're looked down upon. Not only do you buy the snake oil, the purchase is made for programs and ideals that are ridiculous (in terms of the wall stopping immigration), xenophobic (in terms of deporting people based (partly) on skin color or religion), and not necesary (in terms of the military).

You guys like him because he makes fun of people, entertains you, and little else.

If you were smart, you'd understand after 0.000000000003 seconds of reflection that the reason the GOP congress can get nothing done is because it exists in the real world. Its easy to state what you'll do with no opposition during a campaign; easier still when your supporters are trash and have the political sophistication of single-cell organisms.

If you were smart, you'd also understand after 0.000000000003 seconds of reflection that the reason the GOP congress can get nothing done is because(in the most part) because Obama holds the veto pen and the Dems hold the fillibuster. ***The other part is that your agenda or, more correctly, the conservative agenda back when you were conservatives is not very popular and the GOP thought it was better to not to have passed bills giving tax breaks to billionaires going into an election year.

Oh, be quiet. Just how much of this did you read before you launched your attack?
Well I'm not a Trump follower, so I read a little faster and comprehend a lot better too.

Cute. I'm not playing your game anymore, there is plenty of room on my ignore list, even for an ego as big as yours. Peace bro.
I guess it's just unfortunate that Trump followers are all so vague about there alleged beliefs.
We do not have "beliefs". We have facts and logic. Our ideology is guided by thinking. Yours on the other hand, is guided by emotion....And ( sniveling) fairness..

When I look down for Trump supporters I can't see them, as they are underneath my shoe and just as unworthy. Fungus supporting fungus.

Please, he says, we are but poor humble Hitler Youth. Pass...

Last edited:

I think that that was certainly a well put post. To be sure, there are actually several legitimate reasons to support and vote for Trump, only an idiot or a blind extremists would deny that fact.

fairly compare variables and make the correct decision Why? Well, one of the basics of intellectual valuation is the ability to weigh between two different variables, both with positives and negatives, and choose the "best" or "least damaging" one. If you do support Trump you have, by default, shown a marked inability to fairly compare variables and make the correct decision. As a comparison point, Hitler was one of the greatest leaders the modern world has ever known. The guy took a nation in the depths of a depression and led it into a nation so powerful as to almost conquer the whole of Europe. I mean, wow...he was awesome. On the other hand, Hitler did have this little thing about killing the Jews. In fact, a reasonable person would say that even when given how great his displayed leadership was, that he is one of the greatest failings in our modern era.

Likewise, regardless of the positive qualities of Trump (of which there are some / many), the outstanding negatives that he displays makes him laughable to anybody capable of formulating a basic logical comparison between him and almost any other candidate.
" fairly compare variables and make the correct decision".....Ya know what...We're not interested in fairness. We have tried "fair"...Its a failure. Life is not fair. Never has been. Never will be.

Others only have power over you if you give it to them, just tell folks trying to play their Alinsky games to fuck off. Remember folks that are always trying to tear others down, just want company at their level.

Hey, remember, never allow yourself to even care about those unreasonable and ignorant assumptions about you or people who agree with you. Their "judgment" on you means nothing. Follow your desire and vote for what you want!

As a reminder, it's not always that easy to make a change. People sometimes die for simply telling a truth. Compared to that, casting our your vote and ignoring some jerks' smear is way easier!

fairly compare variables and make the correct decision Why? Well, one of the basics of intellectual valuation is the ability to weigh between two different variables, both with positives and negatives, and choose the "best" or "least damaging" one. If you do support Trump you have, by default, shown a marked inability to fairly compare variables and make the correct decision. As a comparison point, Hitler was one of the greatest leaders the modern world has ever known. The guy took a nation in the depths of a depression and led it into a nation so powerful as to almost conquer the whole of Europe. I mean, wow...he was awesome. On the other hand, Hitler did have this little thing about killing the Jews. In fact, a reasonable person would say that even when given how great his displayed leadership was, that he is one of the greatest failings in our modern era.

" fairly compare variables and make the correct decision".....Ya know what...We're not interested in fairness. We have tried "fair"...Its a failure. Life is not fair. Never has been. Never will be.
Fair enough.

you republicans have fought against obama from his very start ,,,for you to compare repubs fighting against trump as greater than your vileness towards a rightful president shows me you're either dishonest or politically stupid

Forum List

Back