STOP worrying Earth is getting hotter

Any change in sea level will bring disaster to many.
Really? Walk me through that. Because I don't see how that could possibly be worse than frigid temperatures which will occur when heat circulation from the Atlantic to the Arctic gets disrupted.

Antarctica is at the pole so you'd expect it to be cold, and it is. Manhattan is a different story, if you have a mile of ice covering Manhattan you can safely say you're in an ice age.

Time for YOU to get a CLUE...

to mitigate global warming through improved carbon uptake from the atmosphere.

We have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to do that, since we have TWO and ONLY TWO measures of atmospheric temps, and both showed NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE despite rising Co2...

satellite and weather balloon data have actually suggested the opposite, that the atmosphere was cooling

Translation - the highly correlated satellites and balloons showed NO WARMING in the atmosphere despite rising Co2

THEORY REJECTED

Atmosphere not warming
Co2 does nothing
There is no "climate crisis"

I seem to recall doing exactly that but you were too ignorant to realize it and too ideological to admit it.

WHERE??

Hidden in homO's closet?

Post a link to that or STFU

You have not refuted ANYTHING except your credibility

It will be what it will be but I like our chances. It's nothing new.
As I recall that was exactly what I never even thought when my kids got sick. When you say 'our' chances you really meant wealthy people's chances since they have plenty of options that poor Bangladeshi farmers do not have.

As I recall that was exactly what I never even thought when my kids got sick. When you say 'our' chances you really meant wealthy people's chances since they have plenty of options that poor Bangladeshi farmers do not have.
No. I mean humanity as a whole. It's amazing that you don't understand that the climate we are experiencing is a brief respite from frigid temperatures but the reality is that the earth is uniquely configured for colder temperatures and that is why 900,000 of the past 1 million years was frigidly cold. 120 ppm of CO2 won't be changing that.

Time for YOU to get a CLUE...

I generally don't get my 'clues' from anonymous internet posters, especially those that I don't understand. What is your point? There was no ice?

Last edited:
We have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to do that, since we have TWO and ONLY TWO measures of atmospheric temps, and both showed NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE despite rising Co2...

satellite and weather balloon data have actually suggested the opposite, that the atmosphere was cooling

Translation - the highly correlated satellites and balloons showed NO WARMING in the atmosphere despite rising Co2

THEORY REJECTED

Atmosphere not warming
Co2 does nothing
There is no "climate crisis"
Yet glaciers are melting on a global scale. Sorry but I'm going to side with my eyes.

No. I mean humanity as a whole. It's amazing that you don't understand that the climate we are experiencing is a brief respite from frigid temperatures but the reality is that the earth is uniquely configured for colder temperatures and that is why 900,000 of the past 1 million years was frigidly cold. 120 ppm of CO2 won't be changing that.
Humanity will probably survive, people won't. You are welcome to your abstraction, I'm going with the reality, and that is that any change in our climate will mean millions will perish.

Yet glaciers are melting on a global scale

False. Having a beak and a birdbrain does not mean you have truth....

90% of Earth ice is on land mass Antarctica...

"the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008."

and we went to COURT in 2007 on this and other issues and once again, DATA is real, FUDGE is FRAUD, and you do not even begin to understand the difference...

• The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

Humanity will probably survive, people won't. You are welcome to your abstraction, I'm going with the reality, and that is that any change in our climate will mean millions will perish.
Apparently their fear mongering has worked on you. It's all rhetoric and innuendo. There's no factual basis for that.

False. Having a beak and a birdbrain does not mean you have truth....
I've been to Iceland and have seen with my own eyes a glacier that has receded 1 km in the past 50 years. This is true for the majority of glaciers outside of Greenland and Antarctica. Why would this be true if the globe was not warming?

90% of Earth ice is on land mass Antarctica...

"the Antarctic ice sheet showed a net gain of 112 billion tons of ice a year from 1992 to 2001. That net gain slowed to 82 billion tons of ice per year between 2003 and 2008."
Curious that the link you offered has this disclaimer:
NOTE: The findings reported here conflict with over a decade of other measurements, including previous NASA studies. However, challenges to existing findings are an integral part of the scientific process and can help clarify and advance understanding. Additional scrutiny and follow-up research will be required before this study can be reconciled with the preponderance of evidence supporting the widely accepted model of a shrinking Antarctic ice sheet.

More recent studies do not confirm you links findings.

and we went to COURT in 2007 on this and other issues and once again, DATA is real, FUDGE is FRAUD, and you do not even begin to understand the difference...

• The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
Here is what the judge in the case wrote:
Justice Burton's written judgment was released on 10 October 2007. He found that it was clear that the film "is substantially founded upon scientific research and fact, albeit that the science is used, in the hands of a talented politician and communicator, to make a political statement and to support a political programme."​
The judge concluded "I have no doubt that Dr Stott, the Defendant's expert, is right when he says that: 'Al Gore's presentation of the causes and likely effects of climate change in the film was broadly accurate.'" On the basis of testimony from Dr. Robert M. Carter and the arguments put forth by the claimant's lawyers, the judge also pointed to nine of the statements that Dimmock's counsel had described as "errors" as inaccuracies; i.e, that were not representative of the mainstream.​

I've been to Iceland and have seen with my own eyes a glacier that has receded 1 km in the past 50 years. This is true for the majority of glaciers outside of Greenland and Antarctica. Why would this be true if the globe was not warming?

Curious that the link you offered has this disclaimer:
NOTE: The findings reported here conflict with over a decade of other measurements, including previous NASA studies. However, challenges to existing findings are an integral part of the scientific process and can help clarify and advance understanding. Additional scrutiny and follow-up research will be required before this study can be reconciled with the preponderance of evidence supporting the widely accepted model of a shrinking Antarctic ice sheet.

More recent studies do not confirm you links findings.

Here is what the judge in the case wrote:
Justice Burton's written judgment was released on 10 October 2007. He found that it was clear that the film "is substantially founded upon scientific research and fact, albeit that the science is used, in the hands of a talented politician and communicator, to make a political statement and to support a political programme."​
The judge concluded "I have no doubt that Dr Stott, the Defendant's expert, is right when he says that: 'Al Gore's presentation of the causes and likely effects of climate change in the film was broadly accurate.'" On the basis of testimony from Dr. Robert M. Carter and the arguments put forth by the claimant's lawyers, the judge also pointed to nine of the statements that Dimmock's counsel had described as "errors" as inaccuracies; i.e, that were not representative of the mainstream.​
Happens every interglacial period is what you keep conveniently forgetting.

Are we in an interglacial period or are we millions of years from one?
You don't know much about earth's climate history, do you?

"...The preceding four interglacial periods are seen at about 125,000, 280,000, 325,000 and 415,000 years before now, with much longer glacial periods in between. All four previous interglacial periods are seen to be warmer than the present. The typical length of a glacial period is about 100,000 years, while an interglacial period typically lasts for about 10-15,000 years. The present inter-glacial period has now lasted about 11,600 years..."

https://www.ssb.no/en/natur-og-milj...594b9225f9d7dc458b0b70a646baec3339/DP1007.pdf

1706663677904.png

Forum List

Back