STOP worrying Earth is getting hotter

You brought up skin not me....
Ah now I understand,

What I meant was not the paranthetical comment "perihelium and epithellium)" where I erroneously referred to both the nearing of the sun to the earth (or more properly vise versa) and to a layer of skin, and what I had meant all along was the perihelion and aphelion.

Thank you so very much for correcting me on that important subject. Now, let's please return to the subject of how as you said that "... the global climate is warming..."

The graph that you shared...
global_gis_2022_chart.png
--seems to suggest that the globe is about a degree hotter now than it was in the 1970's. What I've heard from other sources is that the warming is caused by man made greenhouse gasses that trap the heat from the sun.

Do you concur w/ that?

Ah now I understand,

What I meant was not the paranthetical comment "perihelium and epithellium)" where I erroneously referred to both the nearing of the sun to the earth (or more properly vise versa) and to a layer of skin, and what I had meant all along was the perihelion and aphelion.

Thank you so very much for correcting me on that important subject. Now, let's please return to the subject of how as you said that "... the global climate is warming..."

The graph that you shared...
global_gis_2022_chart.png
--seems to suggest that the globe is about a degree hotter now than it was in the 1970's. What I've heard from other sources is that the warming is caused by man made greenhouse gasses that trap the heat from the sun.

Do you concur w/ that?
I've heard that too but I don't know and, what is more important, I don't see that it matters whether the cause was natural or not. Warming is warming and, since we are stuck with the world as it is, that warming will bring catastrophe to many.

I've heard that too but I don't know and, what is more important, I don't see that it matters whether the cause was natural or not. Warming is warming and, since we are stuck with the world as it is, that warming will bring catastrophe to many.
Ah, so you're of the opinion that we don't know what's causing the warming so there's nothing we can do about it.

About the "catastrophe". The world population and the world economy is growing now and that growth has been going on for many thousands of years. Many would argue that showing a graph that gives a one degree increase over the past 50 years can't possibly mean anything about future population and wealth.

Your thoughts?

To a very stupid person, maybe.

This is the kind of painfully dumb shit I expect from people who think their faith is no different than evidence based determinations.
You routinely plead ignorance on the details. You routinely state you accept AGW is real because you rely upon the conclusions of others. So what you wrote in post #137 applies to you too.

Ah, so you're of the opinion that we don't know what's causing the warming so there's nothing we can do about it.

About the "catastrophe". The world population and the world economy is growing now and that growth has been going on for many thousands of years. Many would argue that showing a graph that gives a one degree increase over the past 50 years can't possibly mean anything about future population and wealth.

Your thoughts?
He always punts on any technical discussions.

But you are asking fair and good questions. He's going to hate that.

You can count on another 2C of warming before the AMOC switches off and plunges us into another glacial period. There's nothing anyone can do about it. It's been going on for 3 million years.

You routinely plead ignorance on the details. You routinely state you accept AGW is real because you rely upon the conclusions of others. So what you wrote in post #137 applies to you too.
It just keeps getting dumber, As expected.

In moronland, trusting scientists is materially the same as believing the opposite of what they say.

How fking dumb.

Completely wrong. In 1854, Dr. John Snow used the power of mapping to identify the source of a cholera outbreak in London. The map he created based on the locations of deaths due to cholera allowed him to see a clear pattern that no one had noticed yet and ultimately determine the source of the outbreak. He defeated cholera but never knew its cause.

Your thoughts?
I think the effects will be massively unequal. Rich nations will adapt, poor nations will fail. We just spent $1 billion to protect a small portion of Manhattan from rising sea levels. I doubt Bangladesh has that option.

You can count on another 2C of warming before the AMOC switches off and plunges us into another glacial period. There's nothing anyone can do about it. It's been going on for 3 million years.
How exactly do you know that there's nothing anyone can do about it?

It just keeps getting dumber, As expected.

In moronland, trusting scientists is materially the same as believing the opposite of what they say.

How fking dumb.
I question how a GHG effect of 1C can produce an additional 3.5C of warming and you should too.

A 3 million year trend of a naturally occurring phenomenon on a planetary scale.
The Mississippi, Nile and many other rivers have been flooding for many times that and we still have mostly contained them. We cut down the trees around the Mediterranean to build warships and created deserts.

The Mississippi, Nile and many other rivers have been flooding for many times that and we still have mostly contained them. We cut down the trees around the Mediterranean to build warships and created deserts.
So you believe that proves man can control the climate of an entire planet?

So you believe that proves man can control the climate of an entire planet?
It proves man can effect major climatic changes. Once we understand the global climate we will know how to, at least somewhat, control it. The technology probably exists, the political will and consensus, probably not so much.

Forum List

Back