Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions; Romney wants to cut access.

Ahh...and the jobs that went to non-inmates paving the roads; I guess their out of work now? You're the best advertisement for why we need 4 more years of Obama.

And you're the best advertisement for the extreme ignorance of dumbocrats when it comes to economics.

The results of any action does not exist in a vacuum stupid. With the significant tax cuts that would come from this model, people would have more money in their pockets. When people have more money in their pockets - they do one of two things. Invest or purchase. They will be buying more plasma tv's, which means more manufacturing. They will buy new automobiles, which means more manufacturing. They will invest, which means more brokers, investment advisors, etc. Jobs do not disappear, they shift.

It truly is astounding how ignorant all of you dumbocrats are on economics. Obama keeps blaming "ATM's" for the bad economy like a fucking 6 year old (how does anyone take this dumb ass serious?!?). He, like you, can't comprehend that for every one bank teller job that an ATM has replaced, their were dozens of higher paying jobs created. Someone had to engineer the design of that ATM. one job Several others had to set up the assembly line that manufactures them 10 jobs in China. Many others had to work on those assembly lines At Foxcon. Still others had to work in shipping sending them offIn Shanhai. Then, more jobs were created by the increased need for UPS/FedEx personnel delivering them around the world.Wow, 1 delivery stop out of a route of 65+stops..way to keep them rolling poodle And finally, someone has to repair those units.This much is true; and they make about what the bank teller made

How embarrassing for both you and Obama...

Ahh, so that is why we have unemployment; those jobs just haven't shifted yet?

First of all, we're not using prisoners as I stated we SHOULD as of right now, so there goes your theory that it would "cause unemployment" when you're acknowledging that we have it now thanks to Obama.

Second, you were just thoroughly owned and can't even admit you we're wrong. You state (wrongly) that the people repairing those units make as much as the bank teller. If that's true, then the jobs SHIFTED just like I said and you just confirmed I'm right.

You know I was dead on that post, but you're not mature enough to admit it. For every one bank teller job lost by the ATM, there are literally several dozens created by it. Astounding that you and Obama are so stupid, that had to be explained to you.

which is people actually taking care of each other

People taking care of each other = stealing from others.

In JoeB.'s sick, twisted mind, raping a woman is "just borrowing sex". Committing murder is "just population control".

I love how you change terms to justify your greed and hunger to take from others.

Tell me, where is it written that we are supposed to "take care of each other through force and government"?

Tell me where it is written that your asinine communist ideology supersedes my FREEDOM to decide who I help, when I help, and how much I help?

Finally, if these other countries are so great, why don't you go live there. We're all tired of hearing you cry like a little bitch anyway. Get the fuck out of the U.S. and go live in Cuba or France commie...

And sometimes, when women get to control their own lady parts, it means they sometimes find themselves pregnant....

Find themselves pregnant? Find themselves pregnant?!? How does one "find themselves pregnant"? They are too fucking stupid to understand how not to get pregnant?

You know, there is a common theme in all of the ignorant bullshit you post. And that is, like a typical idiot liberal dumbocrat, you believe everything is someone else's fault. It's always someone else fault. If a woman gets pregnant, it's not her fault, it's societies fault and they must take care of the problem, pay for her needs.

God forbid YOU or other dumbocrats take an ounce of personal fucking responsibility. God forbid you be a big boy for once and take control of your own life, right? Nope, you're a helpless fucking child who wants everyone to play mommy & daddy for them.

Does the radical left concede that decades of condom on a cucumber sex ed is a failure and the only option left to teenage girls is surgical contraceptive implants at taxpayer expense? What a Country.

Actually, sex education has proven to be way more effective than "abstinence only".

In fact, education has proven to be effective in many ways. Something else that Republicans and Democrats disagree on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgVHLbDu7PY]Rick Santorum: "What a snob!" - YouTube[/ame]

Then the individual should pay for their own damn contraception.

Does the radical left concede that decades of condom on a cucumber sex ed is a failure and the only option left to teenage girls is surgical contraceptive implants at taxpayer expense? What a Country.

Actually, sex education has proven to be way more effective than "abstinence only".

In fact, education has proven to be effective in many ways. Something else that Republicans and Democrats disagree on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgVHLbDu7PY]Rick Santorum: "What a snob!" - YouTube[/ame]

I agree. But it should be covered by insurance just like other medicines.

And you're the best advertisement for the extreme ignorance of dumbocrats when it comes to economics.

The results of any action does not exist in a vacuum stupid. With the significant tax cuts that would come from this model, people would have more money in their pockets. When people have more money in their pockets - they do one of two things. Invest or purchase. They will be buying more plasma tv's, which means more manufacturing. They will buy new automobiles, which means more manufacturing. They will invest, which means more brokers, investment advisors, etc. Jobs do not disappear, they shift.

It truly is astounding how ignorant all of you dumbocrats are on economics. Obama keeps blaming "ATM's" for the bad economy like a fucking 6 year old (how does anyone take this dumb ass serious?!?). He, like you, can't comprehend that for every one bank teller job that an ATM has replaced, their were dozens of higher paying jobs created. Someone had to engineer the design of that ATM. one job Several others had to set up the assembly line that manufactures them 10 jobs in China. Many others had to work on those assembly lines At Foxcon. Still others had to work in shipping sending them offIn Shanhai. Then, more jobs were created by the increased need for UPS/FedEx personnel delivering them around the world.Wow, 1 delivery stop out of a route of 65+stops..way to keep them rolling poodle And finally, someone has to repair those units.This much is true; and they make about what the bank teller made

How embarrassing for both you and Obama...

Ahh, so that is why we have unemployment; those jobs just haven't shifted yet?

First of all, we're not using prisoners as I stated we SHOULD as of right now, so there goes your theory that it would "cause unemployment" when you're acknowledging that we have it now thanks to Obama.
Didn't say that at all fuck face.

Second, you were just thoroughly owned and can't even admit you we're wrong. You state (wrongly) that the people repairing those units make as much as the bank teller. If that's true, then the jobs SHIFTED just like I said and you just confirmed I'm right.

Speaking from personal experience; I made more as a first year teller than the copier repairman; basically it's the same machine. Epic fail

You know I was dead on that post, but you're not mature enough to admit it. For every one bank teller job lost by the ATM, there are literally several dozens created by it. Astounding that you and Obama are so stupid, that had to be explained to you.

Feel free to try to explain that one. Any old time now...

Rick Santorum: "What a snob!" - YouTube

I agree. But it should be covered by insurance just like other medicines.

That should be decided by the insurer, not the government.

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to wiki, 20% of women report they had an abortion because of pressure.

I'm shocked by that number.

As am I, but I would ask, pressure by whom?

Parents? Boyfriends/Husbands? Employers? Or just society in general looking down on them?

According to the last study, 14% cited significant other, and 6% cited parents. It's higher of you add in the society pressure, which I didn't because I dont view "I'm having an abortion because I'm ashamed" as the same as "I'm having an abortion because mom told me to".

I'll give KG the benefit of the doubt on this one. I don't think it's a majority but I think it's much higher than 20%. I don't know any woman who was pregnant (thankfully I do not know any who were impregnated by force) who didn't consider keeping the baby. Whether they were forced by human or environmental factors; I still call that force; environmental factors also being the economy of a child.

Fetuses aren't babies, and women had just as many abortions before Roe v. Wade as they did afterwards.

Since abortion providers were never arrested, it was just like the prohibition laws. Laws no one took seriously, and everyone ignored with impunity.

Not according to Planned Parenthood.

PP points out that a lot of women died because the people doing them were incompetant.

WHich I've always said is a dishonest argument. The last year of reporting stats (1972), the CDC recorded only 36 deaths due to septic illegal abortions, and 22 deaths that same year due to legal ones.

The real thing is, even you guys got your wet dream and overturned Roe v. Wade, all that would happen is that most of the states would institute laws reflecting the same procedures. Those that don't would have people who would perform them illegally or off the books, which is exactly what happened before Roe v. Wade.

Its also somewhat instructive. So compare this to the war on drugs.

Abortion.

If a woman wants an abortion, she is going to get one.

Over the last 40 years...
We made abortion legal; we made it safe; we've trained doctors in the sad procedure. We have rules about when it can be performed. As a result, women have access to the procedure, they're not having to go to non-reputable doctors and taking their chances; they can get counseling to be talked out of it. There is even a market--if you want to use the word--for surrogate motherhood.

Drugs.

If a person wants to get high, they will do it.

Over the last 30+ years
We made them illegal; the products are dangerous, we've done nothing except hire more prosecutors, cops, jailers, judges, to try to stem the tide. It hasn't worked. As a result, people have access to drugs but the quality can be anywhere from pure to poison, access is through a black market that goes untaxed, our court rooms are backlogged, our prisons are over crowded. The market is a black market that cops would even tell you that they no longer go after casual users. One cop in Time Magazine back in the 80s said that they are "spectators" .

Why Mitt wants to make contraception less available and overturn Roe shows that he is ignorant of history.

Personally, I do not think drugs should be legal but nevertheless, it stands as an applicable metaphor for the road not taken on abortion.

Drugs

Fetuses aren't babies, and women had just as many abortions before Roe v. Wade as they did afterwards.

Since abortion providers were never arrested, it was just like the prohibition laws. Laws no one took seriously, and everyone ignored with impunity.

PP points out that a lot of women died because the people doing them were incompetant.

WHich I've always said is a dishonest argument. The last year of reporting stats (1972), the CDC recorded only 36 deaths due to septic illegal abortions, and 22 deaths that same year due to legal ones.

The real thing is, even you guys got your wet dream and overturned Roe v. Wade, all that would happen is that most of the states would institute laws reflecting the same procedures. Those that don't would have people who would perform them illegally or off the books, which is exactly what happened before Roe v. Wade.

Which clearly indicates the issue was never about ‘abortion,’ but destroying the right to privacy.

In addition, aware of this, there are some so opposed to individual liberty that they seek to amend the Constitution to ‘outlaw’ abortion Nationwide.

So much for ‘states’ rights.’

Abortion.

We made abortion legal; we made it safe; we've trained doctors in the sad procedure. We have rules about when it can be performed. As a result, women have access to the procedure, they're not having to go to non-reputable doctors and taking their chances; they can get counseling to be talked out of it. There is even a market--if you want to use the word--for surrogate motherhood.

Drugs.

Over the last 30+ years
We made them illegal; the products are dangerous, we've done nothing except hire more prosecutors, cops, jailers, judges, to try to stem the tide. It hasn't worked. As a result, people have access to drugs but the quality can be anywhere from pure to poison, access is through a black market that goes untaxed, our court rooms are backlogged, our prisons are over crowded. The market is a black market that cops would even tell you that they no longer go after casual users. One cop in Time Magazine back in the 80s said that they are "spectators" .

Why Mitt wants to make contraception less available and overturn Roe shows that he is ignorant of history.

Personally, I do not think drugs should be legal but nevertheless, it stands as an applicable metaphor for the road not taken on abortion.

Drugs

Making abortion ‘illegal,’ its Constitutional implications notwithstanding, would indeed fail in its intent, it would be as much a failure as the so-called ‘war on drugs,’ where a purely punitive approach is ineffective, and would likely make matters worse.

Seeking to make contraception less available and abortion illegal demonstrates both Romney’s ignorance of history and the law.

This from The Associated Press.

-----------

WASHINGTON (AP) — Free birth control led to dramatically lower rates of abortions and teen births, a large study concludes. The findings were eagerly anticipated and come as a bitterly contested Obama administration policy is poised to offer similar coverage.
The project tracked more than 9,000 women in St. Louis, many of them poor or uninsured. They were given their choice of a range of contraceptive methods at no cost — from birth control pills to goof-proof options like the IUD or a matchstick-sized implant.

When price wasn't an issue, women flocked to the most effective contraceptives — the implanted options, which typically cost hundreds of dollars up-front to insert. These women experienced far fewer unintended pregnancies as a result, reported Dr. Jeffrey Peipert of Washington University in St. Louis in a study published Thursday.

The effect on teen pregnancy was striking: There were 6.3 births per 1,000 teenagers in the study. Compare that to a national rate of 34 births per 1,000 teens in 2010.
There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women.

One has to wonder why the Governor wants to cut off the primary source for low cost contraception to financially challenged women. From his website:

Eliminate Title X Family Planning Funding — Savings: $300 Million. Title X subsidizes family planning programs that benefit abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.

Associated Press | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

For $300M (or less than 1/3 the cost of a new destroyer the Navy is building), we could prevent a great many abortions, unwanted pregnancies, and help ensure women's health choices. The $300M spent now will be a lot less than building more schools, expanding entitlements, and building more prisons later on when the unwanted pregnancies are carried to term.

Also it should be noted that Title X money is not only provided to Planned Parenthood (no Title money is used for abortions by the way) but to public health departments across the nation; in red states as well as blue states. It is used to pay for everything from iron tablets to condoms to contraceptive foams and creams.

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires that you provide a link.

~Oddball

No abortions leads to fewer abortions as well, but those of you on the left want to cut off the access to life for the unborn.
See, it wasn't very hard to destroy your whole thread, and I did it in less than one sentence.

Abortion.

Drugs.

Over the last 30+ years

Drugs

Making abortion ‘illegal,’ its Constitutional implications notwithstanding, would indeed fail in its intent, it would be as much a failure as the so-called ‘war on drugs,’ where a purely punitive approach is ineffective, and would likely make matters worse.

Seeking to make contraception less available and abortion illegal demonstrates both Romney’s ignorance of history and the law.
you're right people are just a bunch of monkeys banging anthing that moves....sex rates have always been this high (no, and the hookup....welll lets judt say in tha past.....it was frowned upon)

In JoeB.'s sick, twisted mind, raping a woman is "just borrowing sex". Committing murder is "just population control".

I love how you change terms to justify your greed and hunger to take from others.

Tell me, where is it written that we are supposed to "take care of each other through force and government"?

Tell me where it is written that your asinine communist ideology supersedes my FREEDOM to decide who I help, when I help, and how much I help?

Finally, if these other countries are so great, why don't you go live there. We're all tired of hearing you cry like a little bitch anyway. Get the fuck out of the U.S. and go live in Cuba or France commie...

Nope, we are going to fix this country. And you greedy, dumb assholes who vote against your own economic interest because you're brainwashed by clowns like Limbaugh are going to have to deal.

Wow, guy, so you were totally unable to deal with the fact that I proved that social welfare states have less abortions, so you start whining about how we are being a bunch of meanies by making you help people you'd normally spit on.

People like you don't help anyone but yourselves. Except when you fall down, then you come whining looking for help. LIke Old Ayn Rand. At the end of her life, she got Medicare and Social Security when cancer ripped through her book royalties.

Ain't Irony a bitch?

And sometimes, when women get to control their own lady parts, it means they sometimes find themselves pregnant....

Find themselves pregnant? Find themselves pregnant?!? How does one "find themselves pregnant"? They are too fucking stupid to understand how not to get pregnant?

You know, there is a common theme in all of the ignorant bullshit you post. And that is, like a typical idiot liberal dumbocrat, you believe everything is someone else's fault. It's always someone else fault. If a woman gets pregnant, it's not her fault, it's societies fault and they must take care of the problem, pay for her needs.

God forbid YOU or other dumbocrats take an ounce of personal fucking responsibility. God forbid you be a big boy for once and take control of your own life, right? Nope, you're a helpless fucking child who wants everyone to play mommy & daddy for them.

Those women are taking responsbility.

They aren't bringing a child they don't want into the world.

It's just they aren't doing what you'd want to do.

Soceity should pay for it because it's in society's best interest to do so.

Oh, another interesting comparison between France and the US. France pays for the abortions and the babies. You know what they AREN'T Wasting a lot of money on?

Prisons!

While the US locks up 2 million people (more than any country in the world, even Communist China) France locks up a whopping 56,000.

What? How can this be?

Because they don't let children grow up unwanted or in poverty, they seem to have a much lower crime rate without locking up millions of people. Wow. Imagine that.

Pay me now or pay me later, dumbass.

This from The Associated Press.

-----------

WASHINGTON (AP) — Free birth control led to dramatically lower rates of abortions and teen births, a large study concludes. The findings were eagerly anticipated and come as a bitterly contested Obama administration policy is poised to offer similar coverage.
The project tracked more than 9,000 women in St. Louis, many of them poor or uninsured. They were given their choice of a range of contraceptive methods at no cost — from birth control pills to goof-proof options like the IUD or a matchstick-sized implant.

When price wasn't an issue, women flocked to the most effective contraceptives — the implanted options, which typically cost hundreds of dollars up-front to insert. These women experienced far fewer unintended pregnancies as a result, reported Dr. Jeffrey Peipert of Washington University in St. Louis in a study published Thursday.

The effect on teen pregnancy was striking: There were 6.3 births per 1,000 teenagers in the study. Compare that to a national rate of 34 births per 1,000 teens in 2010.
There also were substantially lower rates of abortion, when compared with women in the metro area and nationally: 4.4 to 7.5 abortions per 1,000 women in the study, compared with 13.4 to 17 abortions per 1,000 women overall in the St. Louis region, Peipert calculated. That's lower than the national rate, too, which is almost 20 abortions per 1,000 women.

One has to wonder why the Governor wants to cut off the primary source for low cost contraception to financially challenged women. From his website:

Eliminate Title X Family Planning Funding — Savings: $300 Million. Title X subsidizes family planning programs that benefit abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.

Associated Press | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

For $300M (or less than 1/3 the cost of a new destroyer the Navy is building), we could prevent a great many abortions, unwanted pregnancies, and help ensure women's health choices. The $300M spent now will be a lot less than building more schools, expanding entitlements, and building more prisons later on when the unwanted pregnancies are carried to term.

Also it should be noted that Title X money is not only provided to Planned Parenthood (no Title money is used for abortions by the way) but to public health departments across the nation; in red states as well as blue states. It is used to pay for everything from iron tablets to condoms to contraceptive foams and creams.

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety and requires that you provide a link.

~Oddball

No abortions leads to fewer abortions as well, but those of you on the left want to cut off the access to life for the unborn.
See, it wasn't very hard to destroy your whole thread, and I did it in less than one sentence.

Sure and if you work a minimum wage job and never spend a penny--ever---on anything, you'll be a millionaire eventually.

Neither scenario is remotely likely. Come back when you feel like using your brain.

Abortion.

Drugs.

Over the last 30+ years

Drugs

I wonder if the "new" Romney will stand by the statements of the "old" Romney.

This is what has always troubled me about Romney. I looked it up, PP has, in the most populous state, 20 locations; 20 as well in the 2nd most populous state of Texas. So, lets just pretend they have 20 in every state (they don't); that is 1,000 locations. Title X funding goes to 4,500 sites--most are public health entities; i.e. County health departments, State health departments. On his website he says he wants to cut off funding to "abortion groups" like PP. Very little goes to PP of that $300M. He could have couched it in terms of, "Look, we can't afford it" but he didn't do it; he has to toss "abortion groups" into it because some focus group told them to do so. On his stump speech, he could do just as well in making his five points by not throwing in "the teachers unions"...but Mitt does because it's not just a "good idea" but there has to be a dig at some group somewhere even when it's intellectually false.

Did you read the part where it said that these are new guidelines, and it talked about how some pediatricians have been reluctant to prescribe them? That, for the idiots among us, means they are advising against them.

:lol:

That's not what it means at all.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has been more cautious and has not endorsed specific methods of birth control, but is updating its guidance. Some pediatricians have been reluctant to recommend IUDs for teens, partly because of concerns over infection risks; an older model was blamed for infertility.

Dr. Paula Braverman, a University of Cincinnati physician involved in updating the academy's position, said the gynecologists' advice does a good job of clarifying misconceptions about IUDs and implants.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is the far greater authority on this matter. Even still, even if some doctors recommend against them, that doesn't still doesn't change the fact that what I said in the first place is still true.

Nope, we are going to fix this country. And you greedy, dumb assholes who vote against your own economic interest because you're brainwashed by clowns like Limbaugh are going to have to deal.

Wow, guy, so you were totally unable to deal with the fact that I proved that social welfare states have less abortions, so you start whining about how we are being a bunch of meanies by making you help people you'd normally spit on.

People like you don't help anyone but yourselves. Except when you fall down, then you come whining looking for help. LIke Old Ayn Rand. At the end of her life, she got Medicare and Social Security when cancer ripped through her book royalties.

Ain't Irony a bitch?

First of all, you're the one's who BROKE this country. We had as close to a perfect system as you could get, until the rise of Marxism/Socialism/Communism in the late 1800's and spreading to the US in the early 1900's.

By the way, I noticed you couldn't answer the question and so you avoided it (nothing like avoiding what proves you are WRONG). So I'll ask again just to drive home the point for everyone at how wrong you are:

Forum List

Back