Supreme Court Decisions Expected Today

Opinion noted.

Hate is hate in the end. Not serving people because you perceive them to be different than you is not something I'll ever understand.
But you’re Ok with kicking Republicans out of restaurants.

The OP mentioned the Xiden loan forgiveness program, Affirmative Action...which of those is an individual right?

The OP also mentioned "LBGQ case in which a private business owner does not want to provide his/her service to gays." - how should the court rule on those cases to ensure they don't strip individual rights? Should they strip the individual rights of the business owners?

The case isn’t about whether people have the right to get released, so no individual rights are involved. This case rests on whether whether or not Congress legally approved the program.

If you don’t even know what the cases are about why are you bothering to comment until you do?

But you’re Ok with kicking Republicans out of restaurants.

We are fine with throwing troublemakers and provocateurs out of restaurants.

If you walk into my restaurant wearing a T-shirt that says “All women are shit”, you won’t be getting any service there. But then assholes aren’t a protected class.

They just don’t get it

It is like we are back in the 1950s again

There's a big difference in serving someone a meal and asking them to put an ideology, in print, they disagree with. Kind of like a union compelling dues to support political messages or politicians the members disagree with. The court ruled the unions can't do that.

There's a big difference in serving someone a meal and asking them to put an ideology, in print, they disagree with. Kind of like a union compelling dues to support political messages or politicians the members disagree with. The court ruled the unions can't do that.

Was once used to ban interracial couples.

If you make wedding cakes, you have to do so for any legal couple.
If you rent wedding reception halls, you have to do so for any legal couple

Once again, apples and oranges. The court has ruled many times that the government has no right to compel speech anymore than they have a right to restrict lawful speech.

What the government tells me has little bearing on what I believe.

What I’ve found around here is that incompetent people are hired at pretty high levels, and then they outsource the actual work to those in the private industry. I myself was requisitioned by someone I know in the government to do a good chunk of her work. I declined.
When I was a medical student a million years ago,,,,,we were forced to work in TEAMS. This was done because we would have a particular minority student which was usually as dumb as a rock and the TEAM covered up the minorities incompetency.

All of the lunacy coming from the Village Idiot in the Whitehouse is in service to Agenda 2030. Dont worry about another patriot, nationalist like Trump getting into the whitehouse, the Deep State wont let it happen; Trump was a fluke as the DS were smug that the queen of Wall St, Hillary was a shoe in.

If you make wedding cakes, you have to do so for any legal couple.
If you rent wedding reception halls, you have to do so for any legal couple

Wrong again commie.

Still discrimination

If someone’s actions make me not want to do business with them, that is a judgement that I alone can make. It may be discriminatory, but that is not the same as discrimination based on an immutable (born that way) trait, such as race.

The two are worlds apart.

Wrong again commie.

The baker still lost.
Penalty for Oregon bakers who refused to serve same-sex couple slashed by more than $100,000

Opinion noted.

Hate is hate in the end. Not serving people because you perceive them to be different than you is not something I'll ever understand.
Not an opinion. There is no test that can tell me, on an anthropological basis, who is, and who is not gay. It’s simply not an immutable trait

When I was a medical student a million years ago,,,,,we were forced to work in TEAMS. This was done because we would have a particular minority student which was usually as dumb as a rock and the TEAM covered up the minorities incompetency.

All of the lunacy coming from the Village Idiot in the Whitehouse is in service to Agenda 2030. Dont worry about another patriot, nationalist like Trump getting into the whitehouse, the Deep State wont let it happen; Trump was a fluke as the DS were smug that the queen of Wall St, Hillary was a shoe in.
I’m not sure about that. When you start messing with people’s children, like the Left is doing, Democrats and for sure independents finally put their foot down. That’s why a Republican won the state of Virginia. The Democrat challenger said on a debate stage that parents shouldn’t be involved in what schools teach children, and boom! He lost the governorship with that remark.

Forum List

Back