Supreme Court Question For Those On The Left

You're right ... bringing up Brown vs Board of Education is ironic ... I sure wish I could say I intended that ... alas, I can't, not and be honest ...

Segregation is horrible ... I'd rather the girls have to go to Mexico for their abortions ... next time use a condom ...

I thought we were honoring the Constitution?

Where does it say anything about 9 Justices?
Actually the number has fluctuated. but it was originally based on the supreme court being the overseers of the circuit courts. Which was fine when there were 9 justices and 9 circuits. But now there are 13 circuits, and only 9 justices to cover them. There is no argument against having a justice for each circuit as existed from the start of the constitution.

Circuit riding was one of the responsibilities of U.S. Supreme Court justices during the Marshall Court (1801–1835). Under the Judiciary Act of 1801, the United States federal judicial districts were divided into six (and later seven) United States circuit courts—one for each justice.

Actually the number has fluctuated. but it was originally based on the supreme court being the overseers of the circuit courts. Which was fine when there were 9 justices and 9 circuits. But now there are 13 circuits, and only 9 justices to cover them. There is no argument against having a justice for each circuit as existed from the start of the constitution.

Circuit riding was one of the responsibilities of U.S. Supreme Court justices during the Marshall Court (1801–1835). Under the Judiciary Act of 1801, the United States federal judicial districts were divided into six (and later seven) United States circuit courts—one for each justice.
funny how this is only a problem now when democrats lost their ability to murder children on demand,,

Even if Dems had won those cases they would have lied anyway and claimed the GOP was about to overturn RvW and legalize machine guns this fall. Dems LIE there's no LIE Dems won't tell.
You mean like telling senators during your confirmation hearings that Roe is settled law?

Who would care except for butt hurt Republicans?

It would be news for a day
Democrats are butt hurt with 9 Justices, what's your point?
Change the mix until your tent gets the desired results?

Just a thought, with major cases, I see conservative Justices
siding with liberal Justices, but, I never see liberal Justices
siding with conservative justices. just an observation

This Court has more Constitutionalist Justices than ever before in my life time.
That's not a bad thing. IMO
Really? I can name three of them that violated their oath by lying to congress. Telling the senate that roe v wade was settled law.

We already had a thread on that topic. Context was everything, but one tent ignored context.
No, they didn't lie.
The context was testifying to the US Senate under oath.

When asked if they would overturn Roe, they all say that it was settled law, and they believe in Stare Decisis.

Really? I can name three of them that violated their oath by lying to congress. Telling the senate that roe v wade was settled law.
Strange how you have to swear to tell the truth to appear before the court but not to preside over it

Forum List

Back