Supreme Court Question For Those On The Left

This court has an agenda
They are looking to have more influence than any branch of Government
Precedence has no bearing
Consistency in their decisions is meaningless
They have effectively said just that.
In many of the cases they ruled on, they said that if congress didn't like the decision, they could change it legislatively.
Saying so, knowing the deadlock in the senate (60 vote filibuster rule, in a 50-50 senate) would prevent a legislative action to overturn their decision.

They have effectively said just that.
In many of the cases they ruled on, they said that if congress didn't like the decision, they could change it legislatively.
Saying so, knowing the deadlock in the senate (60 vote filibuster rule, in a 50-50 senate) would prevent a legislative action to overturn their decision.
The Supreme Court knows that Congress is impotent
They are working on overturning executive decisions of the President

With a 6-3 Conservative advantage, THEY make the rules

The Supreme Court knows that Congress is impotent
They are working on overturning executive decisions of the President

With a 6-3 Conservative advantage, THEY make the rules
You really think democrats will abide by any ruling against their precious abortion initiative?

They will pack the courts, codify it into law, use federal lands, do anything they have to do to fight the decision

They have no restraint or respect for the law, as they have proven time and again.

precedence isnt supposed to matter to SCOTUS,, only the constitution,,
I used to think of that as a child, but when I actually read their decisions I realized their job was to do justice while leaving precedence intact. Because each case that's overturned, has a cascading effect in not only subsequent cases, but in previously decided cases involving the law that was overturned.

Scalia was very careful in the Heller V DC case to specifically say that the NFA and GCA were still fully constitutional.

This court has no interest in the Constitution
If they did, they would not have allowed the Texas abortion law to stand
I don't think the US Supreme Court has ruled on Whole Woman's Health v. Jackson yet.

I used to think of that as a child, but when I actually read their decisions I realized their job was to do justice while leaving precedence intact. Because each case that's overturned, has a cascading effect in not only subsequent cases, but in previously decided cases involving the law that was overturned.

Scalia was very careful in the Heller V DC case to specifically say that the NFA and GCA were still fully constitutional.
youre still a child that doesnt understand their true purpose,,

You really think democrats will abide by any ruling against their precious abortion initiative?

They will pack the courts, codify it into law, use federal lands, do anything they have to do to fight the decision

Maybe you missed the Supreme Court telling Congress to do just that, codify it into law.

They have no restraint or respect for the law, as they have proven time and again.
I thought we were honoring the Constitution?

Where does it say anything about 9 Justices?

I thought we were honoring the Constitution?

Where does it say anything about 9 Justices?
FDR tried to pack the Supreme Court and it cost him dearly.

The American people will not abide that.

Don't be a sore loser like Trump.

FDR tried to pack the Supreme Court and it cost him dearly.

The American people will not abide that.

Don't be a sore loser like Trump.

Most Americans have no idea how many Justices there are

There were no ramifications for Republicans maintaining a court of 8 Justices for over a year

I get labelled as being on the "left" all the time. I had no problem with either ruling.

I don't like that overturning RvW will actually expand access to abortion but the ruling is understandable.

Forum List

Back