Supreme Court to rule on gay marriage bans

all legal marriages are legally secular

"legal marriage"

Last time I checked, marriage isn't reliant on the law to be consummate. Check yourself.

Last time I checked any marriage other than 'legal marriage' is just a matter of faith.

My point exactly. Marriage has zero to do with the law. Thanks for making my point.

LOL......oh I think you made your point......

Meanwhile, I will be legally married, with all of the legal responsibilities and protections thereof, and you can be 'married' by however you imagine, and will have no legal responsibilities or protections.

"legal marriage"

Last time I checked, marriage isn't reliant on the law to be consummate. Check yourself.
Last time I checked, you could not collect all the government cash and prizes except by lawful marriage.

So, why should you be dependent on government to be married? If "love is love" who is the government to define what form of "love" is superior to the other? Perhaps that is why marriage was not defined in the Constitution, don't you think?

"legal marriage"

Last time I checked any marriage other than 'legal marriage' is just a matter of faith.

My point exactly. Marriage has zero to do with the law. Thanks for making my point.

Meanwhile, I will be legally married, with all of the legal responsibilities and protections thereof, and you can be 'married' by however you imagine, and will have no legal responsibilities or protections.

Funny, I've seen many pro-gay rights activists or gay people themselves saying "keep the government out of the bedroom!" Yet here they are demanding that government sanction their marital practices. How hypocritical.

"legal marriage"

Last time I checked, you could not collect all the government cash and prizes except by lawful marriage.

So, why should you be dependent on government to be married?

Beats me, but it is a fact that the government awards all kinds of cash and prizes to married people, and all gay people are asking for are the same legal protections.

It isn't hard to comprehend. If you really want to.

But the opponents to same sex marriage reveal their true motive is to ban gay sex.

And then when I point out that Christians have done the exact same things for decades- you wave your hand dismissively.

Always "Christians do this" or "Christians did that" yet you ignore the same type of behavior being enacted by the so called "victims" of this behavior.

Yes, your argument is worthy of dismissal. It's dishonest and stereotypical.

I will go back to what started your inane subthread

You:
Look no further than Memories Pizza, or Sweet Cakes. One was shut down temporarily for stating a religious opinion, the other was destroyed for religiously objecting to serve a gay couple. You know what that tells me? Homosexuals are setting the standard.

You labeled all 'homosexuals'

And when I pointed out that Conservative Christians actually set the standard - not homosexuals- you whine about me pointing that out.

Conservatives- and Christians set the standard.

You just don't like your hypocrisy being pointed out.

"legal marriage"

Beats me, but it is a fact that the government awards all kinds of cash and prizes to married people, and all gay people are asking for are the same legal protections.

Ahh, but marriage shouldn't be about "cash and prizes" now should it? The only "prize" should be the one you married. If all you do is equate your spouse or your marriage as a way to make money and gain benefit, that pretty much devalues the marriage itself, doesn't it?

"legal marriage"

Funny, I've seen many pro-gay rights activists or gay people themselves saying "keep the government out of the bedroom!" Yet here they are demanding that government sanction their marital practices. How hypocritical.

I have seen many Conservatives argue that homosexuality should be illegal- and who like yourself think that marriage = sex.

If you want to eliminate civil marriage go for it- but as long as marriage is a civil institution- as it is now- it should be an option for same gender couples as it was for my wife and I.

"legal marriage"

Ahh, but marriage shouldn't be about "cash and prizes" now should it? The only "prize" should be the one you married. If all you do is equate your spouse or your marriage as a way to make money and gain benefit, that pretty much devalues the marriage itself, doesn't it?

Whether marriage is for 'cash and prizes' or not- it should be equally available.

You just don't like your hypocrisy being pointed out ... You labeled all 'homosexuals'

You labeled all Christians. And now that you have taken the bait, now you know how wrong it is to label people, as such:

Conservative Christians have been trying to harm business's who are deemed to be too friendly to homosexuals for decades- from Disneyland(Southern Baptists) to Starbucks, to trying to Ellen Degeneres fired- for simply being gay.

-OR-
Eye for an Eye is a very Christian thing.

I'm sorry, you were just finished calling me a hypocrite?

Ahh, but marriage shouldn't be about "cash and prizes" now should it?
Then why have we been demanding all those cash and prizes all this time? Why are you only now trying to demean them just because gays are asking for them?

And by what rationale do you want to ban a specific group from those cash and prizes other than you don't like the way they have sex?

For many decades now, heterosexuals have demanded all kinds of government cash and prizes for being married. I have seen them scream like welfare queens many times when I have said we need to get rid of all these government gifts.

Some of the gay marriage opponents on this forum have said these government gifts are for procreation. Apparently they won't mate and have children if they don't get their government gifts for doing so. The human race would die off.

Then why have we been demanding all those cash and prizes all this time? Why are you only now trying to demean them just because gays are asking for them?

And by what rationale do you want to ban a specific group from those cash and prizes other than you don't like the way they have sex?

Who said I was "demeaning" anyone? It's common sense. You shouldn't measure a marriage by how much money you can gain out of it. If "love is love" then you should know by now that love has no price.

Last edited:
I don't seek to legally redefine marriage- I look for gay couples to have the same access to legal marriage- and divorce- as my wife and I have.

You seek to force people to recognize it. Tell me, what if I forced you and your wife to marry the same sex? What would happen then? You wouldn't be so keen on same sex marriage then would you?

Who is being forced into a same sex marriage? Your analogy is just a steaming lump.

Hi Skylar and TemplarKormac
Who is being forced into Christianity when a Bible, Cross or Prayer is displayed on public property?

The ATHEIST suing to remove these will say it's based on PRINCIPLE.
NOT to establish a belief through govt, especially one that not all people share!

So Skylar will you admit that the same things
expected of Christians, to put their beliefs aside and not try to endorse these through govt,
should also apply to YOUR beliefs or MY beliefs or ANYONE's beliefs?

Or is it only Christian beliefs or opposing beliefs that you would remove from public institutions.
And when it comes to YOUR beliefs, then it's OKAY for govt to endorse those?
Why? Why yours and not Christian beliefs, then? Isn't that tolerance to allow for
Christian beliefs to be endorsed through govt if beliefs about gay marriage or health care are implemented through govt!

For many decades now, heterosexuals have demanded all kinds of government cash and prizes for being married. I have seen them scream like welfare queens many times when I have said we need to get rid of all these government gifts.

Some of the gay marriage opponents on this forum have said these government gifts are for procreation. Apparently they won't mate and have children if they don't get their government gifts for doing so. The human race would die off.

You just did a swan dive into the deep end of the weird pool.

Who said I was "demeaning" anyone?

You are demeaning the government gifts. Heterosexuals have considered them, and still consider them, extremely important.

It's common sense. Youshouldn't measure a marriage by how much money you can gain out of it. If "love is love" then you should know by now that love has no price.

Even though you are being willfully obtuse, I agree with the underlying principle. I am all for eliminating most of the government cash and prizes for marriage. This is well known about me. I get a lot of opposition from people who think they are fiscal conservatives over this.

You just did a swan dive into the deep end of the weird pool.
Nope. That is the exact argument same sex opponents make: The government gifts are there to inspire and reward procreation. So it only follows they would fail to mate and have kids if they did not receive their government gifts.

Don't blame me for their Tard Logic™!

Last edited:
It's greed and sexual orientation supremacy. That's what is really going on. The same sex marriage opponents want the government gifts for themselves. They want special treatment.

The rest is the Ick Factor gone awry. They hate gay sex and can't stop thinking about it. They want it banned, not just the marriages.

I don't like gay sex. It totally grosses me out, but that is not a rational reason for denying the same legal protections to homosexuals.

Forum List

Back