Take the Civics Test and Don't Cheat

NoTeaPartyPleez

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2012
Take this civics test and don't cheat. Answer the questions quickly, no Googling. I scored 68.7% and finished the test in 4 minutes.

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Liberty

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

Take this civics test and don't cheat. Answer the questions quickly, no Googling. I scored 68.7% and finished the test in 4 minutes.

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

Some questions were stupid;

{

Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:

the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
markets rely upon coercion, whereas government relies upon voluntary compliance with the law
more tax revenue can be generated from free enterprise
property rights and contracts are best enforced by the market system
government planners are too cautious in spending taxpayers’ money }

No reasonable answer to this; even so -

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

31 out of 33, for 93.9%. Missed the ones on the Lincoln-Douglas debate, and the Puritans.

As for free markets securing more prosperity, the first answer is clearly correct.

Last edited:

32 out of 33. 96.97%.

As I got to the second question I realized I do not need to know this stuff - "what's the name of Roosevelt's deal" - E) Further enslave America. That is precisely what makes me a genius on this board is that I never bothered to learn what they teach on the establishment media schools and history version: most people will vote A-D - the AVAILABLE options.

That test is almost as old now as the time periods which are the subjects of some of its questions.

I have taken it three or four times, the last one a coupla years ago.

I have gotten all 33 correct.

I really didn't expect anyone to post their true scores. I scored 100% on that assumption.

As I got to the second question I realized I do not need to know this stuff - "what's the name of Roosevelt's deal" - E) Further enslave America. That is precisely what makes me a genius on this board is that I never bothered to learn what they teach on the establishment media schools and history version: most people will vote A-D - the AVAILABLE options.

To defeat your enemy, you must first know your enemy.

To defeat what you believe is propaganda, you must first know the definition of propaganda.

This is why you will never win.

I really didn't expect anyone to post their true scores. I scored 100% on that assumption.

How like a hysterical Democrat fanatic to assume that anybody who turns out smarter than him, must be lying.

Being against the Tea Party and the GOP doesn't make one a Democrat. If there are any logic tests online it might be best for you to skip them.

I missed the last one on the debt, I misread debt as deficit and picked the first answer instead of the right one.

What did you score? honestly?

Figures you would be a hack on this, like you are on any post.

There's a lot of subjective stuff on the test. Still I feel pretty comfortable voting with a clear conscience as my score was 81%. I thought the Puritans were pacifists. I also got wrong FDR's scheme for the SCOTUS. The rest were subjective "errors" about economic policy.

I missed the last one on the debt, I misread debt as deficit and picked the first answer instead of the right one.

What did you score? honestly?

Figures you would be a hack on this, like you are on any post.

You must not read my posts.

I posted my real score. And I knew that this thread would suddenly be flooded with geniuses after I linked to that test.

Forum List

Back