"Tallying Trump's tab": The liberals suddenly care about excessive spending

After years (decades?) of pushing huge spending increases and "Do it for the children" rhetoric designed to get people to ignore that they are plunging the country into bottomless debt, suddenly the liberals have decided that a spending proposal is too expensive.

That spending proposal is, of course, Donald Trump saying he will make the government obey our immigrations laws. We can't have that!

-----------------------------------------------------

Tallying Trump s Tab NBC Suddenly Cares About Excessive Spending

'Tallying Trump's Tab': NBC Suddenly Cares About Excessive Spending

By Scott Whitlock
August 18, 2015
11:31 AM EDT

NBC finally cares about government spending. The network that has been very friendly to Barack Obama (under whom the national debt will reach $19 trillion) worried that Donald Trump's policy goals may cost too much. Today reporter Hallie Jackson on Tuesday fretted, "The candidate known for his big money... turns out to be a big spender when it comes to his presidential proposals."

Jackson lamented Trump's plans as wasteful: "Deporting 11 million undocumented immigrants estimated to cost about $138 billion. Taking back Iraqi oil fields, which would mean U.S. boots on the ground, $13 billion to $22 billion and repealing the Affordable Care Act may cost the government $137 billion in the next decade."

Showcasing NBC's new-found interesting in fiscal austerity, Jackson complained of Trump: "He dodged NBC's Katy Tur's question about where that money to deport undocumented immigrants would come from."

Over ABC's Good Morning America, Tom Llamas did not focus on the cost of the immigration policies. Instead, he yelled questions at Trump (who was in New York City for jury duty) on enforcement: "How would you do it?... What would you tell a child of an undocumented immigrant? What would you tell that child born in the U.S.?"

How in the hell do they come up with these figures? It does not cost that much per alien to send them back. They will leave on their own if the benefits are cut off.

How much does it cost tax payers each year to house, clothe, feed, provide healthcare for and educate illegal aliens?

I know it would never happen, but if we had a law that anybody caught in the US illegally was subject to a minimum of a five year prison sentence, most of them would leave on their own and it wouldn't cost us a dime.

OP- Thanks for the usual BS about big spending Dems- ACTUALLY, the debt goes up under Pubs, except when Dems have to blow 5-6 trillion bailing out a Pub world depression and its victims. STILL 4-500billion /year in UE, Welfare etc...Reagan tripled the debt, W doubled it in supposedly good times- actually corrupt bubbles- Great job, shytteheads.

Have to love liberal logic:

The debt tripled under Reagan, it was his fault.
The debt doubled under Bush, that was his fault.
The debt doubled under Obama, that was the Republicans fault.

LOL!!!!!!!

Deporting 11 million undocumented immigrants estimated to cost about $138 billion.

Worth every penny. Just think of all the education spending we'll save by getting rid of most ESL teachers.

14jnsle.jpg

The thread premise is nonsense.

Just look at the GWB years: A massive deficit created with wasteful spending on two failed, illegal wars, an unwarranted increase in the size of government, and reckless, irresponsible tax cuts.

Just look at the GWB years: A massive deficit created with wasteful spending

Yes, $5 trillion in deficit spending was awful.

Compared to Obama's $7.5 trillion, so far..........
The debt was 10.6 Trillion when Obama took office. It didn't get there without Republican help.
Actually the GOP National Debt was $11.9 trillion at the end of Bush's last fiscal year. That $11.9 trillion has cost us over $2 trillion in interest since then so therefore the total GOP National Debt is $14+ trillion.

Obama wrote the budget for what you're calling "Bush's last fiscal year." So he owns it.

No banana, charlie.
Nope, Obama's budget began Oct 1 2009.

TIME to wake up people. VOTE out this progressive/democrat party who is ALLOWING ALL this to go on in YOUR towns and communities. AND then go after these states and cities that give Sanctuary to ILLEGAL invaders. Most I believe are run by DEMCORATS.

SNIP:
Letter: Obama Administration Releasing Violent Illegal Immigrants Back into U.S. Towns
Often go on to commit additional violent crimes

U.S.-Mexico border / AP

BY: Adam Kredo
August 19, 2015 10:10 am

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has been releasing illegal immigrants with violent criminal records back into local U.S. communities, where they have often gone on to commit violent crimes against American citizens, according to new disclosures by a leading lawmaker and local law enforcement agencies.

Rep. Matt Salmon (R., Ariz.) and law enforcement officials petitioned the Obama administration on Wednesday to end a policy that enables illegal immigrants with criminal records to be released back into the United States.

Arizona law enforcement officials announced on Tuesday that three illegal aliens with violent criminal records had been released by DHS and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) back onto the streets, where they went on to commit crimes including kidnapping and murdering an infant.

The ongoing release of criminals from countries such as Iraq, Sudan, and Russia prompted Salmon to petition DHS “to stop freeing violent criminals who are in our country illegally,” according to a copy of letter sent to the department and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

At least three illegal aliens released by DHS in recent weeks have been charged with serious crimes, including the beating of a 7-week-old baby and immolation of a person, according to local law enforcement and Salmon.

“Despite the repeated attacks on American citizens by illegal aliens released from our jails, DHS refuses to stop freeing violent criminals who are in our country illegally,” Salmon wrote in his letter to DHS. “Just today, we learned of three more individuals set free on law-abiding Arizonans by the Department of Homeland Security. Their crimes included the beating to death of a seven-week-old baby and the stabbing, beating, and immolation of a police informant.”

all of it here:
Letter: Obama Administration Releasing Violent Illegal Immigrants Back into U.S. Towns

TIME to wake up people. VOTE out this progressive/democrat party who is ALLOWING ALL this to go on in YOUR towns and communities. AND then go after these states and cities that give Sanctuary to ILLEGAL invaders. Most I believe are run by DEMCORATS.

SNIP:
Often go on to commit additional violent crimes

U.S.-Mexico border / AP

BY: Adam Kredo
August 19, 2015 10:10 am

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has been releasing illegal immigrants with violent criminal records back into local U.S. communities, where they have often gone on to commit violent crimes against American citizens, according to new disclosures by a leading lawmaker and local law enforcement agencies.

Rep. Matt Salmon (R., Ariz.) and law enforcement officials petitioned the Obama administration on Wednesday to end a policy that enables illegal immigrants with criminal records to be released back into the United States.

Arizona law enforcement officials announced on Tuesday that three illegal aliens with violent criminal records had been released by DHS and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) back onto the streets, where they went on to commit crimes including kidnapping and murdering an infant.

The ongoing release of criminals from countries such as Iraq, Sudan, and Russia prompted Salmon to petition DHS “to stop freeing violent criminals who are in our country illegally,” according to a copy of letter sent to the department and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

At least three illegal aliens released by DHS in recent weeks have been charged with serious crimes, including the beating of a 7-week-old baby and immolation of a person, according to local law enforcement and Salmon.

“Despite the repeated attacks on American citizens by illegal aliens released from our jails, DHS refuses to stop freeing violent criminals who are in our country illegally,” Salmon wrote in his letter to DHS. “Just today, we learned of three more individuals set free on law-abiding Arizonans by the Department of Homeland Security. Their crimes included the beating to death of a seven-week-old baby and the stabbing, beating, and immolation of a police informant.”

all of it here:

I think the numbers tell the story and we are actually looking at the criminalization of illegal aliens. We are in a place where the need to stigmatize and color people with crime to make it easier to dislike, fear and motivate people to support deportation. I do not believe the accuracy of these stories and until I am presented with credible evidence will continue to object to them. 36,000 criminals is an astonishing number and I don't believe it.

I think the numbers tell the story and we are actually looking at the criminalization of illegal aliens. We are in a place where the need to stigmatize and color people with crime to make it easier to dislike, fear and motivate people to support deportation. I do not believe the accuracy of these stories and until I am presented with credible evidence will continue to object to them. 36,000 criminals is an astonishing number and I don't believe it.

rw13mf.jpg

Out of 20 million or more illegal aliens, having tens of thousands of criminals sneaking through the border is not the least bit unbelievable.

rw13mf.jpg

More nonsense. Give me credible sources and I'll eat crow. Don't and you do.

After years (decades?) of pushing huge spending increases and "Do it for the children" rhetoric designed to get people to ignore that they are plunging the country into bottomless debt, suddenly the liberals have decided that a spending proposal is too expensive.

That spending proposal is, of course, Donald Trump saying he will make the government obey our immigrations laws. We can't have that!

Just look at the GWB years: A massive deficit created with wasteful spending on two failed, illegal wars, an unwarranted increase in the size of government, and reckless, irresponsible tax cuts.

The debt was 10.6 Trillion when Obama took office. It didn't get there without Republican help.
Actually the GOP National Debt was $11.9 trillion at the end of Bush's last fiscal year. That $11.9 trillion has cost us over $2 trillion in interest since then so therefore the total GOP National Debt is $14+ trillion.

Obama wrote the budget for what you're calling "Bush's last fiscal year." So he owns it.

No banana, charlie.
So Bush's budget started October 1, 2001? Nine months after Clinton's recession started?

Out of 20 million or more illegal aliens, having tens of thousands of criminals sneaking through the border is not the least bit unbelievable.

I agree, the difference is all of a sudden 36,000 get released in a time where the issue is important to many people. I think it's phony and I say so because the only sources being posted have an agenda.

OP- Thanks for the usual BS about big spending Dems- ACTUALLY, the debt goes up under Pubs, except when Dems have to blow 5-6 trillion bailing out a Pub world depression and its victims. STILL 4-500billion /year in UE, Welfare etc...Reagan tripled the debt, W doubled it in supposedly good times- actually corrupt bubbles- Great job, shytteheads.

LOL!!!!!!!

yep, they are well trained. Obama and his party does the same thing. it's pathetic

No banana, charlie.
So Bush's budget started October 1, 2001? Nine months after Clinton's recession started?

The date is set by law specifically The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974.

I care simply because I don't know where the fuck the trillions of bucks are going. As of this moment spending on infrastructure, science and education is at the lowest level since 1990.

This is unacceptable....

Of course, you rightwing assholes don't care. And don't blame me for attacking trump because I think it would be a great thing if we deported most of the illegals, which would drive up wages for the rest of America.

LOL!!!!!!!

yep, they are well trained. Obama and his party does the same thing. it's pathetic

Yet, you don't even look at the facts and care to realize that taking a axe to everything is a shitty idea. Obama's debt doubled because of 1. bail-outs, 2. wars of nation building and 3. Our healthcare system was sucking us dry...

FactCheck disagrees with you:

"The figures in that graphic are pure fabrications, as anyone can easily confirm by plugging Obama’s inauguration date — Jan. 20, 2009 — in the Treasury Department’s handy “debt to the penny” website. That shows the nation’s total debt stood at $10.6 trillion on the day Obama took office (not $6.3 trillion), and it had increased to nearly $15.4 trillion by the end of January 2012 — a rise of more than $4.7 trillion in just over three years (not $6.5 trillion)."

Dueling Debt Deceptions
The FISCAL year does not begin the day a president takes office!
From your own source by fiscal year:

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2014

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75

Why would you blame Bush for Obama's budget?

Forum List

Back