Taxing The Rich

Every other governmental and economic system devised by man has the same problem. There is always a favored section of the population that does far better than most
Masters and slaves
Lords and serfs.
Employers and employees.

Serfs were better of than slaves and employees are better off than serfs, but the overall problem remains. A small minority of humanity acquire a disproportionate share of wealth and use a fraction of those gains to control government.

There are many better ways:
ryan-image.jpg

Worker Self-Directed Enterprises – A New Way of Thinking About the Workplace

College are graduating fewer and fewer teachers every year. I don't know where you get this misconception. The hours are lousy, the pay sucks, and the working conditions are horrific. Why would there be an overabundance of teachers? Those who do graduate, just replace those newer teachers who discover this after taking the job.

I left a school district 4 years ago after spending 4 years there and being denied tenure. They replaced me with 4 teachers straight out of college that left after their one year contract was up.

I knew a few teachers who couldn't find work. One of them was a tenant of mine. The voters failed to pass a school levy which cost him his job and it took him over a year to find another one. He ended up at some school teaching troubled children for a short time, but he couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. The job he got was a good job in a nice area and a good school.

Not taxing them isn’t working either. We can’t borrow forever.
While that’s an issue, the much bigger issue is the ultra wealthy buy all sorts of benefits from government. They get what they want and it is almost always at the detriment of the rest of us.

A good example is around 70% of Americans, including many enlightened republicans, want Medicare for All. However, since the ultra wealthy don’t want this, it doesn’t happen.

I'm not wealthy and I don't want it.

Government has been looking to control the people forever. They've been somewhat successful. The only two vestiges stopping them from total control over us are healthcare and energy. Once government controls those two things, they have the ability to to totally control our lives from birth to death.
Lol. Well that does it. You don’t want it so that’s the end of story.

Of course you’ve been duped by the wealthy to think as you do.

Our HC system is a total failure. Time to change it.
Funny! You think that the government does such a good job with everything else that we should turn healthcare over to them also?
Tell me one thing that government has ever done that has been done well and done cost effectively.
I would wait but we all know that the answer is nothing.
Funny that everyone used to point to Canada as a shining example of government healthcare. But now suddenly they are realizing that there are extremely long wait times. Canada is moving towards individual healthcare and some Canadians are coming to the U.S. to have things taken care of.
Now why would we want a government that can not properly do anything to do healthcare? Why would we want to follow in Canada’s footsteps when they are coming over to our way.
if we could just get the government to allow insurances to sell the same policy across all states prices would drop. But when you have to have a different policy for one state but then have a completely different one for a state right next to it the cost has to go up. But yet we allow the government to have a hand in screwing up individual insurance.
Yes that’s the old right wing talking point, and it gets you guys every time.

We have a failing HC system. It’s exponentially more expensive than anywhere else in the world, because the ultra wealthy need more money. It also fails millions of Americans as outcomes are poor. For the first time in our nation’s history, life expectancy is dropping. Millions go bankrupt or don’t receive care because they don’t have insurance or can’t afford the absurdly high costs.

Over 70% of Americans want it. Are we a democracy or not?
Lol. I get it everything wrong in the world is because someone has more money then you.
Our healthcare system is actually better then almost anyone’s. But unfortunately lawyers have found a very lucrative life in sueing for even the slightest possibility of malfeasance.
Our life expectancy is falling because of our unhealthy lifestyle, eating too much processed food, and our penchent for self medicating with either legal or illegal drugs.
I get it we just need to stop trying to find new medicines, new procedures. Then the costs will come down. All those new things cost money to develop.

If so many Americans really do want single payer healthcare then why is it not in place? Can it be that we can’t afford it? Can it be that the 70% is only made up number like the polls are?
But just remember you are handing over healthcare to a government that always makes things more expensive and always screws things up. Also remember that it will be much easier to hand the government healthcare then it will ever be to wrest it back again.
Ah yes the old jealousy ploy cons love to present. I’m rich dick head and retired. I want to live in a country that cares about it’s less fortunate rather than just the ultra wealthy. WTFU.

While that’s an issue, the much bigger issue is the ultra wealthy buy all sorts of benefits from government. They get what they want and it is almost always at the detriment of the rest of us.

A good example is around 70% of Americans, including many enlightened republicans, want Medicare for All. However, since the ultra wealthy don’t want this, it doesn’t happen.

Government has been looking to control the people forever. They've been somewhat successful. The only two vestiges stopping them from total control over us are healthcare and energy. Once government controls those two things, they have the ability to to totally control our lives from birth to death.

Funny! You think that the government does such a good job with everything else that we should turn healthcare over to them also?
Tell me one thing that government has ever done that has been done well and done cost effectively.
Funny that everyone used to point to Canada as a shining example of government healthcare. But now suddenly they are realizing that there are extremely long wait times. Canada is moving towards individual healthcare and some Canadians are coming to the U.S. to have things taken care of.
Now why would we want a government that can not properly do anything to do healthcare? Why would we want to follow in Canada’s footsteps when they are coming over to our way.
if we could just get the government to allow insurances to sell the same policy across all states prices would drop. But when you have to have a different policy for one state but then have a completely different one for a state right next to it the cost has to go up. But yet we allow the government to have a hand in screwing up individual insurance.

We have a failing HC system. It’s exponentially more expensive than anywhere else in the world, because the ultra wealthy need more money. It also fails millions of Americans as outcomes are poor. For the first time in our nation’s history, life expectancy is dropping. Millions go bankrupt or don’t receive care because they don’t have insurance or can’t afford the absurdly high costs.

My healthcare is just fine, I would hate to be thrown in with the lazy dregs and never be able to get an appointment. Stop rewarding people who are not responsible for themselves libber.
Idiot. Why is it some cons only think of themselves. Are they fucking stupid?
I am responsible for myself and family as is every person. Healthcare is a choice not a right, and anyone who chooses to have it may get it just like I did wacko.
Fool. You are completely clueless. The entire western world offers their citizens HC and does it cheaper and with better outcomes. WTFU.

You may have good HC coverage as I do, but millions of Americans don’t. I care about my country and fellow Americans, unlike you.
Riiiigght.....like the country you all bragged about, Italy...and when the virus hit they nearly wiped out their entire country with their great socialized healthcare. Again, if you and I have good healthcare, then anyone else in the US can have it to. It's their responsibilty and their choice, not mine and not yours, nor is it our job to pay for it. If you truly care for others you would stop handing them freebies and make them work for what they want themselves.

Only a fool would believe the people who created a problem would have a solution to it--author unknown.

Yes, our healthcare system is a mess. This started years ago during the big union days. I worked in medical at the time. We were erecting a pharmacy in the warehouse to mix drugs for our patients. UPS was on strike at the time. We hired a pharmacist well versed in government regulation to oversee the construction. She approached me one day very angry. She handed me her pharmacy magazine which highlighted the UPS strike.

In the article it said the average pay for a pharmacist was 60K a year. The average pay for a UPS driver was 54K a year. Mad as hell she said "Do you know what I went through to become a pharmacist? Do you know what my parents went through? The years I had to study, the repaying of my college loans, giving up the best years of my life? For what, to make six grand more than the guy that drops off boxes and tells me to sign here?"

Today the medical field is still understaffed, especially when it comes to registered nurses. They only way to draw them into that field of work is to pay them much better than a UPS or UAW worker. That's one of the many reasons our healthcare costs are so high.

People wonder why it is so hard to get teachers these days!

I was working as a classroom teacher with 15 years experience and a Master's degree making the same amount as my wife did in a job working for a cable company that required a high school diploma and no experience.
Well, they do work 9 months leaving time for a summer job for more income or a nice vacation, and they are one of the few jobs with a nice pension built in for a career worked. So not so much to whine about, its more the idiots they have to put up with in the classrooms at older ages.

That summer job is bullshit! We have mandatory (unpaid) training for several weeks during the summer, so STFU. It is not like when your ode dinosaurs to school. Things have changed.

Pension? Every bit of the money I received when I retired from Kentucky I earned as part of my paycheck. Not one cent came from the state except the interest it earned as an untaxed savings account. Florida's pension was a whopping 48% of a lousy pay scale if you did 30 years. I get $400.00 a month based on my 10 years service.
I retired almost 3 years ago, because the state was going to confiscate my retirement account, but the courts ended that bullshit from a Republican governor who never attended school in this state, nor did his kids.

I am sorry, but you are as clueless on this as most libtards are about politics.
Not a libtard jack....my wife is a teacher and has none of the problems you mention, works hours in a retail store all summer long. She makes decent money as a teacher but not, of course, what she is worth. And a pension is a pension, most jobs don't offer them at all anymore. So I guess its all in how you look at things you think??

How does she do that and maintain her continuing education requirements in order to maintain her certification? A pension is worthless if you lose it, like the state tried to do to us several years ago. My current job has ZERO benefits and I am OK with that.

I am sorry, but you are clueless as to the reality of education today. Your wife has YOUR income as backup I will bet.

Lol. I get it everything wrong in the world is because someone has more money then you.
Our healthcare system is actually better then almost anyone’s. But unfortunately lawyers have found a very lucrative life in sueing for even the slightest possibility of malfeasance.
Our life expectancy is falling because of our unhealthy lifestyle, eating too much processed food, and our penchent for self medicating with either legal or illegal drugs.
I get it we just need to stop trying to find new medicines, new procedures. Then the costs will come down. All those new things cost money to develop.

If so many Americans really do want single payer healthcare then why is it not in place? Can it be that we can’t afford it? Can it be that the 70% is only made up number like the polls are?
But just remember you are handing over healthcare to a government that always makes things more expensive and always screws things up. Also remember that it will be much easier to hand the government healthcare then it will ever be to wrest it back again.
Ah yes the old jealousy ploy cons love to present. I’m rich dick head and retired. I want to live in a country that cares about it’s less fortunate rather than just the ultra wealthy. WTFU.
And you calling me clueless is like voting for a man in a diaper for president.

My healthcare is just fine, I would hate to be thrown in with the lazy dregs and never be able to get an appointment. Stop rewarding people who are not responsible for themselves libber.
I am responsible for myself and family as is every person. Healthcare is a choice not a right, and anyone who chooses to have it may get it just like I did wacko.
Fool. You are completely clueless. The entire western world offers their citizens HC and does it cheaper and with better outcomes. WTFU.

You may have good HC coverage as I do, but millions of Americans don’t. I care about my country and fellow Americans, unlike you.
Riiiigght.....like the country you all bragged about, Italy...and when the virus hit they nearly wiped out their entire country with their great socialized healthcare. Again, if you and I have good healthcare, then anyone else in the US can have it to. It's their responsibilty and their choice, not mine and not yours, nor is it our job to pay for it. If you truly care for others you would stop handing them freebies and make them work for what they want themselves.
Dumb. I’ve never bragged about Italy. Stop thinking the duopoly is the only thing that exists.

Only a fool would believe the people who created a problem would have a solution to it--author unknown.

Yes, our healthcare system is a mess. This started years ago during the big union days. I worked in medical at the time. We were erecting a pharmacy in the warehouse to mix drugs for our patients. UPS was on strike at the time. We hired a pharmacist well versed in government regulation to oversee the construction. She approached me one day very angry. She handed me her pharmacy magazine which highlighted the UPS strike.

In the article it said the average pay for a pharmacist was 60K a year. The average pay for a UPS driver was 54K a year. Mad as hell she said "Do you know what I went through to become a pharmacist? Do you know what my parents went through? The years I had to study, the repaying of my college loans, giving up the best years of my life? For what, to make six grand more than the guy that drops off boxes and tells me to sign here?"

Today the medical field is still understaffed, especially when it comes to registered nurses. They only way to draw them into that field of work is to pay them much better than a UPS or UAW worker. That's one of the many reasons our healthcare costs are so high.

People wonder why it is so hard to get teachers these days!

I was working as a classroom teacher with 15 years experience and a Master's degree making the same amount as my wife did in a job working for a cable company that required a high school diploma and no experience.
Well, they do work 9 months leaving time for a summer job for more income or a nice vacation, and they are one of the few jobs with a nice pension built in for a career worked. So not so much to whine about, its more the idiots they have to put up with in the classrooms at older ages.

That summer job is bullshit! We have mandatory (unpaid) training for several weeks during the summer, so STFU. It is not like when your ode dinosaurs to school. Things have changed.

Pension? Every bit of the money I received when I retired from Kentucky I earned as part of my paycheck. Not one cent came from the state except the interest it earned as an untaxed savings account. Florida's pension was a whopping 48% of a lousy pay scale if you did 30 years. I get $400.00 a month based on my 10 years service.
I retired almost 3 years ago, because the state was going to confiscate my retirement account, but the courts ended that bullshit from a Republican governor who never attended school in this state, nor did his kids.

I am sorry, but you are as clueless on this as most libtards are about politics.
Not a libtard jack....my wife is a teacher and has none of the problems you mention, works hours in a retail store all summer long. She makes decent money as a teacher but not, of course, what she is worth. And a pension is a pension, most jobs don't offer them at all anymore. So I guess its all in how you look at things you think??

How does she do that and maintain her continuing education requirements in order to maintain her certification? A pension is worthless if you lose it, like the state tried to do to us several years ago. My current job has ZERO benefits and I am OK with that.

I am sorry, but you are clueless as to the reality of education today. Your wife has YOUR income as backup I will bet.
I am not clueless, clueless. She works hours and she works around any continuing ed she has to get done. Of course a pension is no good if you lose it, duuuh. She doesn't plan on losing hers. You sound more like the whiny liberal here.

Dumb. I’ve never bragged about Italy. Stop thinking the duopoly is the only thing that exists.
Just bringing up an example of idiotic healthcare for the masses, it won't work. I thought you were smarter.

Dumb. I didn’t vote for senile Joe. Fool.

You cons think the duopoly is it. Nothing else exists. Closed minded fools. Exactly like libs.

You cons think the duopoly is it. Nothing else exists. Closed minded fools. Exactly like libs.
Well if you think we need socialized healthcare then you should have goofy.

The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.

I think the Dems know exactly what they are doing. They know damn well that the wealthy can afford to find loopholes and shelters. They also have no intent of cutting spending. Therefore, it is necessary to tax the Middle Class and Working Class. They make up these arbitrary thresh holds like no increase in taxes for people making $400K or less. Under Obama, that number was $250k. Invariably, the Middle Class ends up paying more in taxes. Remember, this is the same crew that sold "affordable" healthcare on the false promise that families would see their annual costs decline annually by $2,500 (at the time) and that they could still keep their doctor. Neither happened.

Watch your paycheck once the Democrats have had a year under their belt. If you are in the Middle Class, you will be keeping less of it.

They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.

I think the Dems know exactly what they are doing. They know damn well that the wealthy can afford to find loopholes and shelters. They also have no intent of cutting spending. Therefore, it is necessary to tax the Middle Class and Working Class. They make up these arbitrary thresh holds like no increase in taxes for people making $400K or less. Under Obama, that number was $250k. Invariably, the Middle Class ends up paying more in taxes. Remember, this is the same crew that sold "affordable" healthcare on the false promise that families would see their annual costs decline annually by $2,500 (at the time) and that they could still keep their doctor. Neither happened.

Watch your paycheck once the Democrats have had a year under their belt. If you are in the Middle Class, you will be keeping less of it.
Of course the people who vote for this trash have no jobs anyway so no worries for them.

Capitalism allows anyone to join that favored section. Capitalism also works best for most of the population.
Capitalism works well for a fraction of the global population. Americans, especially those with white skins or attitudes, live relatively well, but their lifestyles depend on endless wars and eternal debt. Private ownership of the means of production and distribution enriches owners at the expense of workers not unlike the serfs and slaves in previous times.
Stages+of+history+Primitive+Communism+Slavery+Feudalism+Capitalism.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histo... development,and production in different ways.

Lol. Yeah it’s just so radical, yet the entire western world has it.

Just bringing up an example of idiotic healthcare for the masses, it won't work. I thought you were smarter.
Dumb. Medicare works well and most Americans love it. Think.

Lol. Yeah it’s just so radical, yet the entire western world has it.
Then move doofus, go to one of your enlightened socialist countries with healthcare for all!

Dumb. Medicare works well and most Americans love it. Think.
It wouldn't work at all if EVERYONE was on it at once...think.

Raise the minimum wage to raise more tax revenue.
How are you going to increase the value of that job when it's not worth the increased wage?

Exactly right. The "rich" in the eyes of the Democrats are the working wealthy, not the multi-billionaire elitists. The reason Gates and Bezos are Democrats and push a globalist agenda is because they will be the ones getting all the spoils in such a scheme. They want to punish the working successful folks to a point where they are right in line with the rest of the peasants. They then have us exactly where they want us all...dependent upon them.

There is a theory out there that Democrats absolutely despise, it's called Cause and Effect.

What they don't understand is that when you tax the rich man, you actually have to pay for those taxes. If the rich guy owns a business, he may freeze pay raises, have his employees pay a larger share of their healthcare insurance bill, increases the costs of the services or products he provides, invest in automation to replace humans to recoup that loss.
Democrats always seem to think they can just arbitrarily increase a company's costs without anything changing. They seem to believe every company is a bottomless pit of money and they can just un the bills and nothing will change. This is why no tax increase ever brings in the additional revenue they calculate, because people are not stupid, they move things around to pay as little as possible. Idiots.

Forum List

Back