🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Team Trump and Team Carson Organize Non-RNC Debate Meeting…

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I hope they arrange their own debates and tell the RNC to stuff it.

This could be a YUGE shift amid the 2016 political continuum. According to media reports the Donald Trump and Ben Carson camps are currently organizing a meeting to discuss future debates.

The RNC is not currently invited.

There are two aspects inherent within this dynamic that cannot be over emphasized:

* First - Similar to the DNC tactics, by RNC Rule the candidates are barred from participating in, or organizing, debates that are outside of the Republican National Committee.

* Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the RNC is Team Bush.

The RNC, as a current political construct, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the political dynasty known as the Bush Family. Currently, Jeb Bush is the candidate of the Bush family, and by extension the candidate of the RNC. Understanding this political dynamic is key to understanding the RNC/GOPe road map to nominate their candidate regardless of political opposition therein.

If Trump and Carson gather up enough support to strike against the RNC/GOPe apparatus there will be an internal war similar to the war within the republican party in 1978/1979. You might remember candidate Ronald Reagan organizing and paying for debates too.

When you combine this reality with the strategic deal-making acumen of Donald Trump, the scope of the needed popcorn buckets increases exponentially.

It is interesting, and brutally obvious to note, the Bush Team are absent from the initial media announcement:

If there is to be a civil war between factions in the Republican Party, then let it begin.

The idea of 'taking back' a political party is every bit as attractive as the idea of 'taking back' the country.

It will be a short-lived war, and The Establishment is going to lose.

America has had enough of the Ruling Elites, on both sides of the aisle.

It's why the 'outsiders' are doing so well (Trump, Carson, Sanders, et al) this year.

The outsiders may not know what they're doing, but what The Establishment minions have been doing isn't working, either, so... what the hell...

If there is to be a civil war between factions in the Republican Party, then let it begin.

The idea of 'taking back' a political party is every bit as attractive as the idea of 'taking back' the country.
More so IMHO - it has to START from within the parties. You cannot change the current direction of government without fist reforming the political parties that control it.

Good, I'm tried of watching these liberal so called Moderators making these debates a stink fest and it becomes all about them. they can go to hell.

It will be a short-lived war, and The Establishment is going to lose.

America has had enough of the Ruling Elites, on both sides of the aisle.

It's why the 'outsiders' are doing so well (Trump, Carson, Sanders, et al) this year.

The outsiders may not know what they're doing, but what The Establishment minions have been doing isn't working, either, so... what the hell...

Politics, like law, medicine, auto mechanics, real estate, nuclear physics, prize fighting, horse training, computer programming or acting is a profession. It is best left to the professionals.

Its easy to say X, Y, and Z when nobody is voting. It's equally as easy to do it when nobody is paying attention, attacking you with any vigor or repetition. When you get into a "shooting war", the odds are much higher which is why you see leaders sit on the lead and those who are trailing become desperate.

Carson and Trump are not built to last. You've seen Trump's numbers deflate once the people started paying attention and realized there was zero chance of the plan working and even a negative integer percentage chance it gets passed through a congress that he just branded as "losers". Carson's plans (whatever they are) will meet with the same inspection and, I'm sure, be brushed aside as easily. If you look at his website, his webpages on Education have about 220 words with not a single dollar amount mentioned. Ditto for Taxes. His plans to balance the budget mention dollar amounts only in reference to past expenditures.

Lightweight is too generous a term to attach to Mr. Carson.

As for the "establishment minions", probably 95% of the world's population would change places with you or I in our domiciles with heat, air conditioning, consistent cheap electricity, clean water, reliable transportation venues, leisure activities within steps of the front door.... The "minions" didn't do it but they certainly didn't prevent it. Let Ted Cruz and his ilk default on our debt or Rand Paul pull in our troops from around the world and see what happens in less than a generation. Our money will be worthless and you'll see the same NATO-Soviet Bloc cold war re-develop.

Only times you see groups on the same side turn on one another is when the whole is being wiped out. I think Republicans are convinced they'll lose 2016 and the discord is indicative of it.

And now, a dramatic re-telling of closed-door RNC meetings.

:)

Would be interesting if they did. I would not mind the RNC losing a bit of their power over the candidates themselves.

Good post.

Totally agree with you. I am constantly amazed that the "under card" and those polling pathetically don't say "fuck it" and have their own debate. There is a legal term called, "You can't un-ring the bell". It means that the jury cannot forget it heard something despite the judge's instructions.

Go to the University of Iowa or whatever with 5-7 candidates and say you want a real debate; one where an out of work anchor with some gravitas....lets say Charles GIbson or some author like Ann Coulter or even Presidential Staffer like Ari Fleischer to moderate. Not interrogate, not nit-pick, just enforce the time limit and control the flow.

Something like this:

1st Question: "Mr. Jindal. In 90 Seconds, can you tell us what you would do specifically to combat ISIS?" It takes about 10 seconds to ask the question and Bobby will talk for about 120 seconds. That is 130 seconds. Next. "Ms. Fiorina. In 90 Seconds, can you tell us what you would do specifically to combat ISIS?" Another 130 seconds. You repeat this for each candidate (about 5-7 of them) and you end up with about 20 minutes being used.

2nd Question: "Mr. Santorum. We are $18T in debt. Any thoughts on how we can first balance the budget and secondly pay off the debt. Please name the top 5 programs you'd cut and how much that would save us. You have 2 minutes." So that would be about another 20 minutes.

3rd Question: "Mr. Paul. Name the first 5 things you'd want to accomplish during the "honeymoon" phase of your presidency. What would be your top 5 priorities. You have 2 minutes." Next. "Mr Graham. Your top 5 priorities?"
That would take up another 20 minutes.

4th Question: Jobs.

5th Question: New Industries; not just new businesses. How can government help companies go from R & D to development quicker?

Then at the end; each participant gets 3, 4, or 5 minutes to close. Followed by the moderator's remarks limited to what was said on stage that evening....

Get 6 or 7 "big" questions on the list; let the candidates answer them and let the chips fall where they may. No "gotcha" questions; not "Senator, in 2013 you stated, blah blah blah.." or "Governor, during your tenure, your state held 30 executions... (something a President will never have to do).

In all honesty, The chances are that none of these participants ill be around in March or April anyway so why not,at least, let them take some stands. Also, while the RNC may punish participants, voters will likely reward candidates with ideas who resonate.

The upshot is this though. I seriously doubt that many really want to take stands on 6-7 big issues. The "softball" and inane questions in the past debates help as much as they supposedly hurt. Then after the debate, they get up there and shake their heads and say, "we had a lost opportunity to discuss real issues." As if there is a shortage of TV cameras around these folks....

...Politics, like law, medicine, auto mechanics, real estate, nuclear physics, prize fighting, horse training, computer programming or acting is a profession. It is best left to the professionals...
You appear to belong to a class of people who believe that a trained, groomed Ruling Class knows best.

Your words leave little room for doubt on that score.

That is anathema to the collective American heart, mind and soul.

You may be content to allow an Elite Class to grow and prosper on our shores.

I am not.

Nor are most of your fellow countrymen, once they hear it expressed in those terms.

For shame.

...Carson and Trump are not built to last...
Oh, I have no illusions, that either of these Outsiders might ultimately prove unfit to lead.

Then again, leaders, on that scale, lead, rather than execute, and any generalist can hire the necessary Subject Matter Expertise to develop and execute policy and tactics.

We hire our Presidents to lead, not to get lost in the kitchen details.

...As for the "establishment minions", probably 95% of the world's population would change places with you or I...
Yep. But within the sampling universe of We The People, and our own aspirations and expectations, the present state of affairs is simply not good enough.

It's not enough that we excel others... it's important that we excel ourselves... as we continuously and perpetually strive to better ourselves, as a Nation and as a People.

...Let Ted Cruz and his ilk default on our debt or Rand Paul pull in our troops from around the world and see what happens...
You may be right. Neither bankruptcy nor isolationism is likely to work. And a sizable military is useless, if leadership lacks the sense to use it wisely and effectively.

Last edited:
Only times you see groups on the same side turn on one another is when the whole is being wiped out. I think Republicans are convinced they'll lose 2016 and the discord is indicative of it.

And now, a dramatic re-telling of closed-door RNC meetings.

:)

Followed by a comedic re-telling of closed-door DNC meetings...

wink_smile.gif

===============================================================

Meanwhile, the Dems, smugly over-confident of a Win, fail to take into account the negative effect of eight years under the thumb of the rookie junior Senator from Illinois, who eventually was obliged to (try to) rule by Imperial Decree (EO)...

...Politics, like law, medicine, auto mechanics, real estate, nuclear physics, prize fighting, horse training, computer programming or acting is a profession. It is best left to the professionals...
You appear to belong to a class of people who believe that a trained, groomed Ruling Class knows best.

Your words leave little room for doubt on that score.

That is anathema to the collective American heart, mind and soul.

You may be content to allow an Elite Class to grow and prosper on our shores.

I am not.

Nor are most of your fellow countrymen, once they hear it expressed in those terms.

For shame.
Total nonsense. I simply pointed out that politics is a profession. It's not simple, it is complex. Anyone thinking that their accountant could be Secretary of the Treasury is fooling themselves. Do they "know best". Hardly. When you have 535 different agendas, navigating through that to get a majority to agree to anything is a skill. Its no wonder that moderates and those that can moderate are the most successful. Ted Cruz has accomplished nothing as a Senator. He never will. Being an absolutist is great for theology...it's poison to a politician.

...Carson and Trump are not built to last...
Oh, I have no illusions, that either of these Outsiders might ultimately prove unfit to lead.
Then again, leaders, on that scale, lead, rather than execute, and any generalist can hire the necessary Subject Matter Expertise to develop and execute policy and tactics.
We hire our Presidents to lead, not to get lost in the kitchen details.
And if those they appoint do not have the nation's best interest at hand?

Its sort of funny. I lied. It's fucking hilarious. Here you are deriding me for simply stating that politics is a profession and your constrewing that into my believing that first there is a ruling class and, secondly, that decisions are best left to them.

Then, in the next breath, you're willing to trust these 1%ers who are all decades removed from ever having to make a paycheck stretch to "hire the necessary Subject Matter Expertise" to decide policy while they are busy "leading".

So which is it?

Well, that's interesting, since I've not seen the RNC pushing any candidate thus far.
I hope they arrange their own debates and tell the RNC to stuff it.

This could be a YUGE shift amid the 2016 political continuum. According to media reports the Donald Trump and Ben Carson camps are currently organizing a meeting to discuss future debates.

The RNC is not currently invited.

There are two aspects inherent within this dynamic that cannot be over emphasized:

* First - Similar to the DNC tactics, by RNC Rule the candidates are barred from participating in, or organizing, debates that are outside of the Republican National Committee.

* Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the RNC is Team Bush.

The RNC, as a current political construct, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the political dynasty known as the Bush Family. Currently, Jeb Bush is the candidate of the Bush family, and by extension the candidate of the RNC. Understanding this political dynamic is key to understanding the RNC/GOPe road map to nominate their candidate regardless of political opposition therein.

If Trump and Carson gather up enough support to strike against the RNC/GOPe apparatus there will be an internal war similar to the war within the republican party in 1978/1979. You might remember candidate Ronald Reagan organizing and paying for debates too.

When you combine this reality with the strategic deal-making acumen of Donald Trump, the scope of the needed popcorn buckets increases exponentially.

It is interesting, and brutally obvious to note, the Bush Team are absent from the initial media announcement:

I also find it odd to note the article claims they are planning their own debate yet nowhere does it show them announcing such.

...Total nonsense...
Yes. I understand that someone who has voiced support for a professional political class would take exception to the more visceral label of 'Ruling Class', although that exception does nothing to negate the practical effect and sensibly construed meaning of your words. But, you get the benefit of a doubt, I suppose.

...And if those they appoint do not have the nation's best interest at hand?...
A chance that we take with every newly-installed leadership team, is it not? The Daddy-and-Baby-Bush bought-and-sold Team come to mind as such an example.

...Its sort of funny. I lied. It's fucking hilarious. Here you are deriding me for simply stating that politics is a profession and your constrewing that into my believing that first there is a ruling class and, secondly, that decisions are best left to them...
I cannot protect you from your own words, nor the common-sense conclusions that an average person would draw from such words.

...Then, in the next breath, you're willing to trust these 1%ers who are all decades removed from ever having to make a paycheck stretch to "hire the necessary Subject Matter Expertise" to decide policy while they are busy "leading". ..
Are you trying to tell us that The Clintons are not 'decades removed from ever having to make a paycheck stretch' and that they have not 'hired the necessary Subject Matter Expertise' to formulate and execute policy?

Do you want to stick with that, trying to pretend that that is not what all Leaders do, to extent A or B, depending upon their background and talents and energies?

...So which is it?
It's both.

I (a) think you favor a Liberally-inclined Ruling Class and (b) I think that all Leaders gather S(ubject) M(atter) E(xpert)s about them, to carry-out their macro-level designs, in detail.

I hope they arrange their own debates...

...so they can whine about the lack of viewership. Good!

Last time they threatened not to show up at the third debate, then showed up anyway. They'll do the same this time, too.

Classic example of "You guys suck! I'm gonna take my ball and go home!"

Except they literally don't have the balls...

Forum List

Back