Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

Ted Cruz obviously doesn't realize the sillness of his own claim, as armed militias or armed citizens for that matter are no match for the National Guard, let alone the full forces of the US military. You would have better luck wishing generals stage a military coup.

Why cant liberals get it through their heads that the military would be on the side of the people,not the government.
When Nancy Pelosi and the DHS says returning vets are a terrorist threat and Feinstein calls all vets mentally ill,do you truly believe they'll fight for the liberals?

They think they pledge an oath to the President or something. that's twisted

no. we just aren't Obama-deranged loons. *shrug*

it's ok. I know that confuses you.

Ted Cruz obviously doesn't realize the sillness of his own claim, as armed militias or armed citizens for that matter are no match for the National Guard, let alone the full forces of the US military. You would have better luck wishing generals stage a military coup.

Why cant liberals get it through their heads that the military would be on the side of the people,not the government.
When Nancy Pelosi and the DHS says returning vets are a terrorist threat and Feinstein calls all vets mentally ill,do you truly believe they'll fight for the liberals?

She isn't confused. She is addled. ;)

If the left on here didn't twist and lie about what any republican said and meant. I think we'd all faint.

And just for information, Lindsey Graham, the first Princess of South Carolina, thinks this is a bridge too far to go...

Graham Knocks Cruz On Guns And Tyranny We Tried That Once... I m Not Looking For An Insurrection

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz's argument that the Second Amendment provides the "ultimate check against government tyranny" is a bit too extreme for potential 2016 rival and fellow Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

"Well, we tried that once in South Carolina. I wouldn't go down that road again," Graham said, in an apparent reference to the Civil War. "I think an informed electorate is probably a better check than, you know, guns in the streets."

Speaking to a few reporters near the Senate floor Thursday, Graham was answering questions from TPM about the Texas firebrand and presidential candidate's argument made in a fundraising email that the Second Amendment confers a right to revolt against the government.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote in the email Thursday, with the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

Graham demurred. "I'm not looking for an insurrection. I'm looking to defeat Hillary," he said. "We're not going to out-gun her."

The Germans of the 1930s agree with your sentiment..........

Very.

EXTREMELY.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

Right on cue - one of nutters shows up to claim that a bunch of pop guns could go up against the US military and win.

Founding documents have nothing to do with today's reality. Nothing.

Be sure to tell that to tthe guards at your relocation camp..........

And just for information, Lindsey Graham, the first Princess of South Carolina, thinks this is a bridge too far to go...

Graham Knocks Cruz On Guns And Tyranny We Tried That Once... I m Not Looking For An Insurrection

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz's argument that the Second Amendment provides the "ultimate check against government tyranny" is a bit too extreme for potential 2016 rival and fellow Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

"Well, we tried that once in South Carolina. I wouldn't go down that road again," Graham said, in an apparent reference to the Civil War. "I think an informed electorate is probably a better check than, you know, guns in the streets."

Speaking to a few reporters near the Senate floor Thursday, Graham was answering questions from TPM about the Texas firebrand and presidential candidate's argument made in a fundraising email that the Second Amendment confers a right to revolt against the government.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote in the email Thursday, with the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

Graham demurred. "I'm not looking for an insurrection. I'm looking to defeat Hillary," he said. "We're not going to out-gun her."

The Germans of the 1930s agree with your sentiment..........
Actually, no, but who am I to get in the way of your weird RWNJ wet-dreams? Please, proceed...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

There is that.

why exactly does Nancy Pelousy and obamas DHS call returning vets potential terrorist?

They didn't. "“Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists, DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities"

I don't get why the militia types think they could take on the US military and win.

And yes, the military would fire on US citizens. They swear an oath to do exactly that.

Ahahaha I don't get why America hating liberals think the US Military would be on their side :laugh:

No kidding, I think Obama has about the lowest approval rating amongst the military of anyone since I've been voting back to Jimma Carter.
These libs can get their can goods and stand up to protect him. As he scurries off into his hidy hole, leaving them there to get squashed:eusa_whistle:

Most of our in-house Leftists are Euro-peons... posing as US Citizens.

I have sometimes wondered if that is the case, because some of these guys seem clueless about basic American history. There have been a few times when I have been tempted to ask them where they to school because I was surprised by the stuff they did not know.

It is amazing to have someone who calls themselves an "American" get on here and pretend to be shocked at the factual observation that the founders viewed private gun ownership as a safeguard against a tyrannical federal government. I mean, you have to wonder just what they have read on the subject.

Last edited:
Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

That picture of Cruz is so funny. Those hunting clothes are right out of the store. I hope someone remembered to take the tags off them.

What does a sissy city person like you know about Pheasant hunting?

Nothing, nor can anyone tell how "new" his clothes are.

Your post is too funny for words,

unfortunately I can't tell you why.

Ignorance tends to make one speechless in the face of the truth.

I have sometimes wondered if that is the case, because some of these guys seem clueless about basic American history. There have been a few times when I have been tempted to ask them where they to school because I was surprised by the stuff they did not know.

It is amazing to have someone who calls themselves an "American" get on here and pretend to be shocked at the factual observation that the founders viewed private gun ownership as a safeguard against a tyrannical federal government. I mean, you have to wonder just what they have read on the subject.
Actually most conservatives demonstrate that they're clueless about basic American history, the Constitution, its case law, and fundamental elements of American public policy and governance.

It's not a matter of one being tempted to ask conservatives where they attended school because clearly they haven't.

This nonsense about the Second Amendment 'trumping the First Amendment and 'authorizing' citizens to unilaterally engage in 'armed rebellion' because they subjectively perceive the government 'tyrannical' is but one of many examples of rightwing ignorance.

Actually most conservatives demonstrate that they're clueless about basic American history, the Constitution, its case law, and fundamental elements of American public policy and governance.

It's not a matter of one being tempted to ask conservatives where they attended school because clearly they haven't.

This nonsense about the Second Amendment 'trumping the First Amendment and 'authorizing' citizens to unilaterally engage in 'armed rebellion' because they subjectively perceive the government 'tyrannical' is but one of many examples of rightwing ignorance.

Considering that it is not what Cruz said nor is it what anyone is advocating makes you look all retty silly, or in Clayton's case, stupid.

Nothing "authorizes" it and it always the last resort....but as history shows it is indeed sometimes a necessary evil....anyone who disputes is either ignorant or stupid.

I'll match my knowledge of American History against yours any day of the week and three times on Sunday. So, you game hypocrite?

Kind of an odd assumption on your part, considering that I am a Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteer in my community.

Are you sure that you aren't talking about Clive Bundy?

Then you should be aware that the vast majority of crime in this country is committed by blacks and Hispanics, two groups Democrats claim as their base. So who is more likely to shoot at the US military, unlawful criminals with a track record of shooting at people including law enforcement or lawful, peaceful, gun owners. There you have it.

Thanks so much for that racist rant.

But I still think that you are talking about Clive Bundy and his pals!

Go ahead dispute FBI crime statistics, how is stating FBI crime statistics racist? You played the race card now back it up or run and hide as I suspect you will.

I played the race card? Was that the post I made right after you blamed blacks and hispanics for gun violence?

Yes you placed the race card, its hilarious that you try to pretend you didn't.

Blues, it is never a good idea to engage in writing revisionist history, when the history that you are trying to revise is actually within the post in which you are trying to revise it!

I can't think of any particular time when a black or Hispanic person shot at a member of the US military. I know I've never been shot at by a member of either group.

An order from obama to bomb American cities and open fire on American citizens would be an entirely fitting legacy for him.

This is not an order we would receive. It is not an order we would execute. We are only obliged to execute lawful orders.

Forum List

Back