Ted Cruz Pledges Support For Constitutional Amendment Banning Birth Control

That's just dumb.

I'm against abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger.

By banning birth control, you're going to cause more pregnancies, and inevitably more abortions.

Using birth control, iirc, prevents the sperm from hitting the ovum, which prevents the formation of the zygote.

Using birth control is preferable over abortion. It should be free for all.

Abstinence until marriage is better, but simply not practical.

Whack a doodle, left wing site, nothing was even hinted he wants to ban birth control. Good grief
Bullshit, I love how you right wingers constantly attack the website when it BACKS UP what it's talking about from other sources.
Ted Cruz Ignites 2016 Race to the Bottom on Abortion and Women s Health - US News
"Cruz, like Akin, opposes abortion for victims of rape and incest. He also labels forms of contraception such as Plan B “abortifacients”, which isn’t scientifically or medically correct. At the Value Voters Summit last fall, Cruz repeatedly referred to contraception as “abortion-inducing drugs.”"
He supports passing "fetal personhood" from the moment of conception, which would effectively make morning after pills/etc all illegal and murder.
Idiot.

Your entire thread is bullshit, Cruz never endorsed it
You're an idiot then. He is insane, and I can't believe anyone would try to defend him. The facts don't lie. Keep hiding, fucker.

Whack a doodle, left wing site, nothing was even hinted he wants to ban birth control. Good grief
Bullshit, I love how you right wingers constantly attack the website when it BACKS UP what it's talking about from other sources.
Ted Cruz Ignites 2016 Race to the Bottom on Abortion and Women s Health - US News
"Cruz, like Akin, opposes abortion for victims of rape and incest. He also labels forms of contraception such as Plan B “abortifacients”, which isn’t scientifically or medically correct. At the Value Voters Summit last fall, Cruz repeatedly referred to contraception as “abortion-inducing drugs.”"
He supports passing "fetal personhood" from the moment of conception, which would effectively make morning after pills/etc all illegal and murder.
Idiot.

You're an idiot then. He is insane, and I can't believe anyone would try to defend him. The facts don't lie. Keep hiding, fucker.

GFY and stop lying, it's unbecoming even for a moon bat such as yourself

Idiot.

I'm not lying! Jesus christ, how delusional are you? Do you want me to explain to you what "fetal personhood" means? What calling contraceptives "abortifacients" represents? What the pledge for the pac is? Grow up.

Idiot.

I'm not lying! Jesus christ, how delusional are you? Do you want me to explain to you what "fetal personhood" means? What calling contraceptives "abortifacients" represents? What the pledge for the pac is? Grow up.

I repeat, GFY. How's that? :)

What a fucking idiot.
While everyone is still transfixed by the outrage reality show that is the Trump campaign, other candidates like Ted Cruz have been scrambling behind the scenes trying to gather support wherever they can. When the Trump bubble finally pops and the whole thing goes down in flames, the most likely people to court his current supporters are Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz. (Bobby Jindal may even be further right than those two, but despite all of his desperate attempts to outdo Donald Trump and get attention, he is less popular than Hillary Clinton, in his own state of Louisiana.) The biggest prize for 2016 GOP presidential candidates is the evangelical conservatives who are adamantly against abortion for any reason, as well as some popular forms of birth control like the IUD which they also consider to be abortion. They believe that once a sperm fertilizes an egg, anything that prevents that egg from turning into a fetus, is the same thing as abortion. I know this sounds strange to some of us, but this is actually what they think, and I can confirm that the anti-choice activists in my family subscribe to this mindset. So that’s where Ted Cruz comes in. Cruz pledged last week to the extreme anti-choice Georgia Right to Life group that he would support a personhood amendment that would declare fertilized eggs to be human beings. Georgia Right to Life, one of the most outspoken proponents of the movement to grant legal “personhood” to fertilized eggs and fetuses, has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz for president after he signed their candidate pledge promising to “support a personhood amendment to the U.S. Constitution.” GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution. The Georgia group’s advocacy of sweeping personhood measures to ban abortion is so radical that it caused it to split from the National Right to Life Committee. (Source) Yes, these people were too radical for the already extreme National Right to Life Committee, and that was just fine with Ted Cruz. Not content just to defund Planned Parenthood or place serious restrictions on a woman’s right to choose, they also want to ban certain types of birth control which would prevent the need for an abortion in the first place.

A. Your source is a progressive blog and nothing more than someone's opinion.

B. Nowhere in there did it say he was pushing for a Constitutional amendment to ban birth control. What it said was:

In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution.

It "could" endanger some common forms, so common, that the author couldn't even bother to list them evidently because he likely has no clue.

C. The author threw away any credibility he had once he claimed they would lock up women who had a miscarriage. Only a batshit crazy tard would believe such a thing. Not even Ted Cruz is this radical.

In other words, this is all bullshit.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Idiot.

I repeat, GFY. How's that? :)
Good, stay in your little bubble.

You snakes for the Democrat party are so freaking empty of new ideas. You pull this same BS how republicans what to ban abortion, take away birth control, BLAAAA blaa blaa. every damn election that is held in this country.

why anyone would support a party who's base of voters is as bad for LYING to the people as their stinking party they are spreading this around for.
Don't you even read the statements from your own party's candidates?
And you consider yourself informed?

What a fucking idiot.
While everyone is still transfixed by the outrage reality show that is the Trump campaign, other candidates like Ted Cruz have been scrambling behind the scenes trying to gather support wherever they can. When the Trump bubble finally pops and the whole thing goes down in flames, the most likely people to court his current supporters are Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz. (Bobby Jindal may even be further right than those two, but despite all of his desperate attempts to outdo Donald Trump and get attention, he is less popular than Hillary Clinton, in his own state of Louisiana.) The biggest prize for 2016 GOP presidential candidates is the evangelical conservatives who are adamantly against abortion for any reason, as well as some popular forms of birth control like the IUD which they also consider to be abortion. They believe that once a sperm fertilizes an egg, anything that prevents that egg from turning into a fetus, is the same thing as abortion. I know this sounds strange to some of us, but this is actually what they think, and I can confirm that the anti-choice activists in my family subscribe to this mindset. So that’s where Ted Cruz comes in. Cruz pledged last week to the extreme anti-choice Georgia Right to Life group that he would support a personhood amendment that would declare fertilized eggs to be human beings. Georgia Right to Life, one of the most outspoken proponents of the movement to grant legal “personhood” to fertilized eggs and fetuses, has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz for president after he signed their candidate pledge promising to “support a personhood amendment to the U.S. Constitution.” GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution. The Georgia group’s advocacy of sweeping personhood measures to ban abortion is so radical that it caused it to split from the National Right to Life Committee. (Source) Yes, these people were too radical for the already extreme National Right to Life Committee, and that was just fine with Ted Cruz. Not content just to defund Planned Parenthood or place serious restrictions on a woman’s right to choose, they also want to ban certain types of birth control which would prevent the need for an abortion in the first place.
OMG, Ted has lost touch with reality altogether.
All the right wingers ignoring the facts because it's from a website they dislike.
Is usnews lieing to?

They published an opinion hit piece from a lefty bitch.

Laura K. Chapin is a Democratic communications strategist based in Denver, advocating for progressive causes and candidates in the Rocky Mountain West. She has previously worked for Gov. Bill Ritter and before escaping to God's Country, she spent 15 years (and way too many late nights watching the floor) in Washington, D.C.

No better than you first link.

What a fucking idiot.

B. Nowhere in there did it say he was pushing for a Constitutional amendment to ban birth control. What it said was:

In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution.

It "could" endanger some common forms, so common, that the author couldn't even bother to list them evidently because he likely has no clue.

C. The author threw away any credibility he had once he claimed they would lock up women who had a miscarriage. Only a batshit crazy tard would believe such a thing. Not even Ted Cruz is this radical.

Sad.
The PAC cited made him sign a pledge that would entitle "fetal personhood" support from day one, the moment of conception. Think of morning after pills, consistent birth control taken by women, that would all be labeled as "murder." Cruz labels birth control "abortificades" or some shit, his record on birth control is delusional and it's idiocy to defend him, but I expect nothing less. Seriously? Fetal personhood would call for investigations into every miscarriage, since the fetus is a person. Of course, since nothing is perfect, the author of the article is spot on with this evaluation. Cruz doesn't believe in abortion when it comes to incest/rape either, another delusional quack. The blog is cited, want to read the damn pledge yourself?
"In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions" - Morning after pills aren't abortion? Routine birth control isn't? It's why cruz labels them as abortion supplements. Sad.

What a fucking idiot.
OMG, Ted has lost touch with reality altogether.
All the right wingers ignoring the facts because it's from a website they dislike.
Is usnews lieing to?

They published an opinion hit piece from a lefty bitch.

Laura K. Chapin is a Democratic communications strategist based in Denver, advocating for progressive causes and candidates in the Rocky Mountain West. She has previously worked for Gov. Bill Ritter and before escaping to God's Country, she spent 15 years (and way too many late nights watching the floor) in Washington, D.C.

No better than you first link.
Oh dear god, do you want to read ted's statements for yourself? Quit attacking the fucking author and follow the trail of what ted is saying.

What a fucking idiot.

More assumptions for a leftwing hate site, seems the author is putting out a lot of unsupported BS. But hey, that never bothers a lefty putting out propaganda, right? Supporting personhood for the unborn is a long shot from a Constitutional Amendment Banning Birth Control.
Keep hiding from facts.
"GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution.

And you keep posting bullshit from leftwing hacks like this.

Could, should or might don't constitute facts.

when has the left/democrat supporters ever been honest? they are lacking in something called. HONOR and it's all for winning POWER over our lives. Well we've seen them in action under that Thug community agitator Obama. I hope the people have HAD ENOUGH of them and vote them OUT of our lives
What a fucking idiot.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

thank you, I could smell it right from the get go.

What a fucking idiot.

More assumptions for a leftwing hate site, seems the author is putting out a lot of unsupported BS. But hey, that never bothers a lefty putting out propaganda, right? Supporting personhood for the unborn is a long shot from a Constitutional Amendment Banning Birth Control.
Keep hiding from facts.
"GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution.

Please get out of your bubble and stop personally attacking authors, follow what your own fucking candidate is saying and supporting.

What a fucking idiot.

Keep hiding from facts.

Please get out of your bubble and stop personally attacking authors, follow what your own fucking candidate is saying and supporting.

You're going to have problems on here LOL

Keep hiding from facts.

You're going to have problems on here LOL
Not my fault people want to live in a bubble and ignore what their own fucking candidates are supporting.
Fetal personhood from conception?
Calling birth control abortion supplements?
Not supporting abortion in cases of rape/incest?
All said by cruz, unless a great conspiracy is happening.

Forum List

Back