Tell me liberals .. Why is it racist to ask for an ID for voting but not for

Not sure why you need an i.d. to vote .

So YOU can't walk in to the polling place and lie about being a registered voter OR say you are me and vote MY legal registration. The ONLY POSSIBLE reason not to require valid ID is so YOU can cheat the system.

But I dont know where you vote tho. So how could I for example, vote in your stead?
He left his tinfoil hat off for a moment. Thats how you read his mind.

The state has a compelling interest to make sure the person at the polls is who we says he is.
The least restrictive means to this end is a state-issued photo ID.

Is there some epidemic of someone impersonating others at the voting booth I'm unaware of, the only type of fraud that voter ID's stop??

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome — good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down." Paul Weyrich, "father" of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation

jesus_facepalm.jpg

This is exactly what I was doing after I read the O/P, too.
Yeah....30 million illegals get an I.D......but not poor blacks...

That would be racist....

Change the OP's question to one about old people not getting ID's and then watch these old fuckers come up with excuses.

That would be racist....

Change the OP's question to one about old people not getting ID's and then watch these old fuckers come up with excuses.

Another Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP s War on Voting BillMoyers.com

The state has a compelling interest to make sure the person at the polls is who we says he is.
Yea if they wanna issue them to every single person free of charge, go for it. Then there'd be no issue.
Every state offers multi-year state IDs for a nominal charge -- thus, there's no excuse to not have one.

That would be racist....

Watch all these old ass posters start defending it when its not about blacks.

"Well, you know since my trifocals got lost at Bingo its hard for me to make it down to the DMV"

Yea if they wanna issue them to every single person free of charge, go for it. Then there'd be no issue.
Every state offers multi-year state IDs for a nominal charge -- thus, there's no excuse to not have one.
We dont need an excuse. The right to vote without an ID is not in question

That would be racist....

"Well, you know since my trifocals got lost at Bingo its hard for me to make it down to the DMV"

Old Dummycraps....we on the right don't condone this sort of thing from anyone. You libs do because you're desperate.

So YOU can't walk in to the polling place and lie about being a registered voter OR say you are me and vote MY legal registration. The ONLY POSSIBLE reason not to require valid ID is so YOU can cheat the system.

But I dont know where you vote tho. So how could I for example, vote in your stead?
Lessee...the teachers are changing wrong answers in the Atlanta schools. People are filing bogus income tax returns right and left. You got to be shittin' me with his dumbass comment.

CONServatives ALWAYS for a bigger, more intrusive Gov't when not needed!

Study: Voter ID laws hit minorities

Study Voter ID laws hit minorities - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Studies show that as many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have government-issued photo ID. That percentage is even higher for seniors, people of color, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students. Many citizens find it hard to get government photo IDs, because the underlying documentation like birth certificates (the ID one needs to get ID) is often difficult or expensive to come by. At the same time, voter ID policies are far more costly to implement than many assume. Instead, Improvements in voting technology and modernization of our voter registration system will both increase efficiency and close the door on mistakes and fraud.

Voter ID Brennan Center for Justice

Voter photo ID laws are particularly costly and burdensome for women in part because roughly 90 percent of women change their legal name upon marriage or divorce. According to the Brennan Center, 11 percent of eligible voters do not have a government-issued photo ID, and only 48 percent of voting-age women have a birth certificate that accurately reflects their current name.

The story of 78-year-old Alberta Currie offers just one example of the suppressive nature of photo ID laws. Currie, who is the great-granddaughter of a slave, was born in North Carolina by a midwife and lacks a birth certificate. As a result, she cannot obtain a voter photo ID, which North Carolina is seeking to require to voteas early as its 2014 midterm elections. For Currie, and the thousands of voters like her, the steps to update or acquire a voter photo ID are far from easy. The onerous process can require travelling to a local government office – a particularly difficult task for rural or disabled voters – and shelling out money for the necessary documentation, such as an original copy of a birth certificate or marriage verification documents. Even though government-issued voter photo IDs are meant to be free, the fees associated with acquiring them creates a heavy tax – particularly for women, a population that is already economically disadvantaged and overwhelmingly more likely to live in poverty than men.

How Voter ID Laws Disproportionately Impact Women And What We re Doing About It League of Women Voters

That would be racist....

Old Dummycraps....we on the right don't condone this sort of thing from anyone. You libs do because you're desperate.

Sure Bubba, sure. WHY the increase in voted ID laws again when Dubya's DOJ looked at 300+ million votes and prosecuted ZERO for using another ID? lol

Lessee...the teachers are changing wrong answers in the Atlanta schools. People are filing bogus income tax returns right and left. You got to be shittin' me with his dumbass comment.
What does that have to do with voting?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE RISK A FELONY FOR THAT AGAIN? lol

Wingnutters!

That would be racist....

Sounds more like the cons are desperate. No wonder they are trying to impose voter restrictions. You dont see libs trying to keep people from voting.

That would be racist....

Sure Bubba, sure. WHY the increase in voted ID laws again when Dubya's DOJ looked at 300+ million votes and prosecuted ZERO for using another ID? lol

Assuming you're not full of shit....but what makes you think that was Bush's job?????

My understanding was voter fraud is more a local issue. Bush had enough on his plate.

WHY WOULD SOMEONE RISK A FELONY FOR THAT AGAIN? lol

Wingnutters!

Democrats......Al Sharpton threw a party for one pollworker that was caught voting 6 times for Obama.

Forum List

Back