Tempe police reportedly asked to leave Starbucks

Idk why anyone would pay 5 bucks for coffee that tastes like oil sludge anyway.
5 bucks?....you must live in a ritzy part of town....

I've only had their coffee once and don't remember the cost but it was nasty coffee

again, you are mistaken, clueless really

What's the point of that post? I didn't like their shit coffee. Gfy toad

You can't troll worth a damn

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Borges declined to comment about any disciplinary actions.

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.

Lol! That is the most ignorant post in a long times. Thanks for the laugh.

You can't possibly be suggesting that cops don't do dirty things each and every day can you?

I've only had their coffee once and don't remember the cost but it was nasty coffee

You post as an idiot. You had coffee one time and you didn't like it.... obviously because you are a classless, uneducated, ignorant dolt who drinks supermarket piss coffee and know no better.

You post as an idiot. You had coffee one time and you didn't like it.... obviously because you are a classless, uneducated, ignorant dolt who drinks supermarket piss coffee and know no better.

Good lord, dude you're an idiot. Keep it up and soon everyone will know

hahahahhahahahahha
1. it's up to the juries and judges to decide guilt or innocence--in ALL trials

Based on what the police tell you!

2.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahhaahahhahah
you DID fail 4th grade math!!!!! holy crap Joe!!!!!
20.9 for blacks (non-Hispanic)
4.9 for Hispanics
2.6 for whites (non-Hispanic)
5.7 for all races

No source, and you didn't specify per 100K.

You said blacks did 3000 murders a year out of 40 Million blacks.

Cops did 1000 murders a year out of 700,000 police officers.

We should probably be more afraid of cops.
hahahahhahahahahha

4.9 for Hispanics
5.7 for all races

Lol! Again, your own spin on real life. Let’s see the link that cops “murder” 1000 people per year. Murder is the key word.

So if you don’t drink Starbucks you are classless, uneducated and ignorant? Lol! You post as an idiot as well.

The whole idea that you think that drinking Starbucks gives you class, makes you educated and not ignorant is utter stupidity.

Some people don’t like Starbucks, some don’t like coffee, it is all due to taste.

A group of Tempe police officers were reportedly asked to move or leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer felt uncomfortable.

According to a tweet from the Tempe Officers Association, six Tempe Police Department officers were drinking coffee before their shift at the Starbucks near Scottsdale and McKellips roads when a barista told them a customer "did not feel safe" by their presence.

The barista allegedly asked the officers to move out of the customer's line of sight or to leave, the tweet states.

"This treatment of public safety workers could not be more disheartening. While the barista was polite, making such a request at all was offensive. Unfortunately, such treatment has become all too common in 2019," the organization wrote. "We know this is not a national policy at Starbucks Corporate and we look forward to working collaboratively with them on this important dialogue."

Reggie Borges, a spokesperson for Starbucks, said the company is still gathering details about the incident.

"We have a deep respect for the Tempe Police and their service to the community," he said. "We've reached out to the Tempe Police Department and Tempe Officers Association to better understand what happened and apologize. We want everyone in our stores to feel welcomed and the incident described is not indicative of what we want any of our customers to feel in our stores."

Starbucks Corporate seems to be handling the situation pretty well, but the barista never should have made such a request in the first place. The customer who made the request should have been the one asked to leave. One costumer compared to a group guaranteed to come in and buy coffee and donuts all the time? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Lots of videos of cops shooting people or beating them, or planting evidence on them with no justification whatsoever. It's reasonable for people are scared of the cops.

You can't possibly be suggesting that cops don't do dirty things each and every day can you?

If you read my posts earlier in this thread you would know my position on this.

hahahahhahahahahha

4.9 for Hispanics
5.7 for all races

hahahahhahahahahha

4.9 for Hispanics
5.7 for all races

Lol! Again, your own spin on real life. Let’s see the link that cops “murder” 1000 people per year. Murder is the key word.

How fuckin' dumb can a human be?
If a cop does not kill someone, on tape, he's a good egg? It's OK to beat the fuck out of kids and then charge them with resisting a arrest and all the other horrible crap they do?

There are 1000,000 threads hear, no one reads every post in every thread. If you have something to say, say it. You are not so important that we are gonna reviews all your posts. Good fuckin' grief.

hahahahhahahahahha

4.9 for Hispanics
5.7 for all races

hahahahhahahahahha

4.9 for Hispanics
5.7 for all races

How fuckin' dumb can a human be?
If a cop does not kill someone, on tape, he's a good egg? It's OK to beat the fuck out of kids and then charge them with resisting a arrest and all the other horrible crap they do?

Again, not what I said, I suggest you learn how to comprehend what I post. Thank you.

There are 1000,000 threads hear, no one reads every post in every thread. If you have something to say, say it. You are not so important that we are gonna reviews all your posts. Good fuckin' grief.

Then don’t read stuff into my posts that are not there. Tell you what, don’t ever call the cops for any reason, because they might just randomly beat you up and shoot you.

Usually if you feel uncomfortable around cops, means you're guilty of something.

Said the person who was never treated unfairly by ass hole cops.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Then don’t read stuff into my posts that are not there. Tell you what, don’t ever call the cops for any reason, because they might just randomly beat you up and shoot you.

Agree.

I called them one time because of a break in at my store. They MADE me walk in first as they, with their guns and armored vests followed. Another time one of my guys was chasing a thief up the street as teh thief LITERALLY ran right by a cop while we we screaming for him to stop him. I asked him why he did not later. He told me he was old and only a year from retirement and did not do that kind of stuff anymore,.
Another time they came to my store to sell me "shield." It's a decal you put of your window. They explained how sometimes a window is broken in the middle of the night but that with a "shield" that was not likely to happen.

Should I go on? Because I got more.

They should have told the snowflake that felt unsafe, that relief was as close as the exit door....

Yeah you get a lot of help for the community when Cops get treated like criminals. And the criminals are martyrs! I bet that Starbucks customer doesn't go into the "places" these Police officers have too! Police have a strange way of remembering you when you desire to be recognized the least. I see lots of "tickets" and Court dates in this persons future.:th_waiting:

Yes, I expect the cops will behave like children and punish the person as only they can.

Agree.

I called them one time because of a break in at my store. They MADE me walk in first as they, with their guns and armored vests followed. Another time one of my guys was chasing a thief up the street as teh thief LITERALLY ran right by a cop while we we screaming for him to stop him. I asked him why he did not later. He told me he was old and only a year from retirement and did not do that kind of stuff anymore,.
Another time they came to my store to sell me "shield." It's a decal you put of your window. They explained how sometimes a window is broken in the middle of the night but that with a "shield" that was not likely to happen.

Sounds like a tall tale

Usually if you feel uncomfortable around cops, means you're guilty of something.

Said the person who was never treated unfairly by ass hole cops.
Lol, oh bullshit I haven't, but I'm not going to broad brush all of them for a few bad ones.

Agree.

Sounds like a tall tale

Sounds like you live under a fuckin rock. BTW, these are 3 different incidents, not one. Like I say, I got more too.

Agree.

I really don’t care. I also have had dealings with the police. No big deal.

.....no--wrong--there are about 30 MILLION calls for police assistance per year--NOT counting traffic stops
....you are not even close to being far away from the truth
....your heroes are criminals...why is this??

My heroes are not cops who shoot kids in the back for playing with a toy.

Oh that's very perceptive of you! There are obviously no Hispanic or Asian , other criminals in your Utopia just the evil white man! Good luck with that! 80% of prison inmates are Black and or Hispanic "good people wrongly convicted" or "Just not very good criminals" ! Stop committing crimes or go to prison is a"choice" these people had. some will be released on appeal even fewer will be found not responsible for the crimes they are in prison for. what you suggest is the prisons are full of innocent men and women. ask any inmate why they are there. Answer:" Didn't do it"! apparently all non white inmates were convicted by all white juries and should be immediately exonerated. IDIOT

Most people in prison are there for non-violent "crimes", such as Drug Posession.
your heroes are criminals--plain and simple

Forum List

Back