tens of millions of slaves, hundreds murdered everyday

What is the exit plan for Syria? What is the goal? When we put American lives on the line, we need to know why, we need good reasons, so far we have nothing. Very disappointing.
Do you have any idea why we left the runways intact? If you don't know, can you alert anyone here who might know? 60 missiles and they left the runway good to go?

I’m sure our resident military expert (giggle) The Original Tree can tell us the reason they missed the airpot. Have at it dick breath!!!!
He gave a pretty plausible explanation, actually.

I thought I would put this quote here for reference so we can compare US statements and Imagery when they come out.
Yes you can discuss an issue without being partisan if people back off of the trolling and quit being so partisan. Tomahawks are typically rather accurate...so I will let the below statement stand as is.

"Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said six Syrian jets were destroyed but the air base's runway was intact. He said “the combat efficiency of the U.S. strike was very low" and that 23 of the 59 missiles fired by the U.S. reached the base."

Syria: U.S. 'aggression' kills 9 in missile strike on airbase

Syria is just going to have to be split up into two countries where each faction has their own land and government.
EXCELLENT IDEA!
:cuckoo:
Theoretically. If they can split up the oil fields and pipelines and access to the Mediterranean. Otherwise, do you really think those two groups will leave each other alone?
No. History has shown us that our interventionism doesn't help. In most cases, makes it worse.
Foreigners coming in to tell people how to run their lives wouldn't work good. Wouldn't you think?
I agree. It has taken many years to get Iraq halfway stable, and Iraq and Afghanistan both are begging us to stay and continue to offer logistical support. I don't have an issue with that, if a country wants/needs it in order to prevent it becoming a radical fiefdom of the terrorists.

It would help if the people who are voting did not elect radicals to start with. There is zero guarantee that the rebels would be any better than the incumbent. This isn’t our fight. We shouldn’t be doing anything in Syria.

As tragic as Africa is, it doesn't affect us like terrorism does.
terrorism that doesn't effect us whatsoever? Hell man, is there any ACTUAL proof he did it? All I have seen is words and assumption. Brought to us by the same people that are wrong. And have been wrong about assad before..
Radar tracking isn't good enough for you? Or are you ignoring it because it was produced by our lying government?
link?
There was a picture on CNN this a.m., but I'm not finding it when I Google. The radar tracking is being referred to in several articles, though.
ill google and get back to you
OK, I read a link about it. They just had words but I get it. Here is something else to consider : Mattis still declines to admit Syria did it.
Syria likely responsible for chemical attack condemned by President Trump
Meanwhile, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis also condemned the attack in an appearance at the Pentagon with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi.

“It's a heinous attack, heinous attack,” Mattis said. “ And it should not be tolerated.”

Mattis, however, declined to attribute the attack to the Assad regime.

“We'll sort that out,” Mattis said.

Something to consider :
Wouldn't any damage to the assad regime help out AQ and ISIS?
Yes. And unintentionally, unless you did a surgical strike that was meant to send a message rather than completely disable capabilities.

And imo, with so many sides trying to get their propaganda out, exactly what is going on there, is left up to us to decide, and filter. None of us know, really, and we can only go on what little information is filtered to us.

in africa and nobody does a fucking thing.
Assad MAY have dropped chemical weapons so he gets bombed with 40M dollars worth of missiles?
We aint doing it for the people!
So, whats the big fucking deal? Death by sword, gun or brutal raping isn't as bad as dying by chemical?
The war mongers beat the drum and Trump bends over..
In other words, you would prefer the US remain irrelevant to the horrors in Syria because it can't stop rape in Africa? What is noteworthy here is not that we reacted so strongly to the chemical attacks, but that for eight years we did not react to the slaughter that was going on in Syria. America didn't bend over, it stood up for the first time in eight years.
I agree philosophically and I think it was the only correct option available at this point, but we may have stood up just to get knocked flat on our ass. We'll get back up, but this could be the beginning of a war with more than Syria. I hope I'm wrong.
Me too. I HOPE this is only a firm warning. I don't think that attack is enough for them to retaliate, but if something happens again.. who knows.
I hope to goodness they don't try to take over that country and fail like they do EVERY TIME.
No worries, TN. If Assad falls, Russia will take over Syria.

I can tell you this.... RUSSIA does NOT want to Run Syria. Neither do we. That was an ill-advised comment.
I hope you're right. Syria should run itself. Preferably without a leader who uses WMD against his people.

American patriots in 30 states voted Trump their president, including the Dem blue states of PA, MI, and WI. Maybe they see something in President Trump you don't.

He won those states by the skin of his body, thin. In Detroit the poll machines got jammed. We have had a GOP maj since 2012 and have not voted for a GOP president since 1988, MI is democratic. If they voted for Trump, many were the "poorly educated".

He whooped Hillary's ass in all three states, blue states where he should have got clobbered, your list of excuses...yeah thin. :laugh:

Trump won the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by 0.72%. Hardly an ass whopping. Also, calling Pennsylvania a "Blue State" is pretty misleading.

Dude Trump won 30 states, that's an ass whooping. :laugh:

Indeed, Trump won 30 states, but he didn't whoop Hillary's ass in PA is only I am saying.

Denial. Trump lacked support from leaders in his own party, was an amateur politician who never ran for office before, he took on the Clinton machine, the Obama machine, and the entire MSM media and beat them. THAT'S and ass whooping.

Something to consider :
Wouldn't any damage to the assad regime help out AQ and ISIS?
Yes. And unintentionally, unless you did a surgical strike that was meant to send a message rather than completely disable capabilities.

And imo, with so many sides trying to get their propaganda out, exactly what is going on there, is left up to us to decide, and filter. None of us know, really, and we can only go on what little information is filtered to us.
Good post.
But idk, IMO, anything would further help them.

Syria is just going to have to be split up into two countries where each faction has their own land and government.
EXCELLENT IDEA!
Theoretically. If they can split up the oil fields and pipelines and access to the Mediterranean. Otherwise, do you really think those two groups will leave each other alone?
No. History has shown us that our interventionism doesn't help. In most cases, makes it worse.
Foreigners coming in to tell people how to run their lives wouldn't work good. Wouldn't you think?
I agree. It has taken many years to get Iraq halfway stable, and Iraq and Afghanistan both are begging us to stay and continue to offer logistical support. I don't have an issue with that, if a country wants/needs it in order to prevent it becoming a radical fiefdom of the terrorists.

It would help if the people who are voting did not elect radicals to start with. There is zero guarantee that the rebels would be any better than the incumbent. This isn’t our fight. We shouldn’t be doing anything in Syria.
I pretty much agree with that, but we are now stuck with Troops on The Ground from the previous admin and planes in the air. Unless we totally withdraw, we are going to have to occasionally do stuff like this so long as we are over there.

What is the exit plan for Syria? What is the goal? When we put American lives on the line, we need to know why, we need good reasons, so far we have nothing. Very disappointing.
Do you have any idea why we left the runways intact? If you don't know, can you alert anyone here who might know? 60 missiles and they left the runway good to go?

I’m sure our resident military expert (giggle) The Original Tree can tell us the reason they missed the airpot. Have at it dick breath!!!!
He gave a pretty plausible explanation, actually.

I stand corrected.

I thought I would put this quote here for reference so we can compare US statements and Imagery when they come out.
Yes you can discuss an issue without being partisan if people back off of the trolling and quit being so partisan. Tomahawks are typically rather accurate...so I will let the below statement stand as is.

"Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said six Syrian jets were destroyed but the air base's runway was intact. He said “the combat efficiency of the U.S. strike was very low" and that 23 of the 59 missiles fired by the U.S. reached the base."

WHERE did the other 36 go? Good thing that airbase was out in the boonies.

He won those states by the skin of his body, thin. In Detroit the poll machines got jammed. We have had a GOP maj since 2012 and have not voted for a GOP president since 1988, MI is democratic. If they voted for Trump, many were the "poorly educated".

He whooped Hillary's ass in all three states, blue states where he should have got clobbered, your list of excuses...yeah thin. :laugh:

Trump won the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by 0.72%. Hardly an ass whopping. Also, calling Pennsylvania a "Blue State" is pretty misleading.

Dude Trump won 30 states, that's an ass whooping. :laugh:

Indeed, Trump won 30 states, but he didn't whoop Hillary's ass in PA is only I am saying.

Denial. Trump lacked support from leaders in his own party, was an amateur politician who never ran for office before, he took on the Clinton machine, the Obama machine, and the entire MSM media and beat them. THAT'S and ass whooping.
It was the Clinton machine, the obama machine and the Bush machine.

Yeah, you're right. That really was an ass whooping.

TELEMMGLPICT000125379090-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqUkCGjjYei2fKJS0z9hqi1IiK-_Jx9H3DnLWtaEosk4I.jpeg

One of the burnt out hangers
US strikes on Syria: Donald Trump's missile attack 'kills four children' as Russia condemns 'aggression'

Assad MAY have dropped chemical weapons so he gets bombed with 40M dollars worth of missiles?
So, whats the big fucking deal? Death by sword, gun or brutal raping isn't as bad as dying by chemical?
In other words, you would prefer the US remain irrelevant to the horrors in Syria because it can't stop rape in Africa? What is noteworthy here is not that we reacted so strongly to the chemical attacks, but that for eight years we did not react to the slaughter that was going on in Syria. America didn't bend over, it stood up for the first time in eight years.
I agree philosophically and I think it was the only correct option available at this point, but we may have stood up just to get knocked flat on our ass. We'll get back up, but this could be the beginning of a war with more than Syria. I hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully, this is not just another political gesture, ala Obama, but a clear statement the US has taken a firm position that the slaughter must end and an Assad victory is not possible. We warned Russia in advance of the attack and our missiles must have shown up on their S-400 radars, but Russia chose not to intercept them. Clearly Russia is not prepared to confront the US directly to defend Assad. There will be no war with Russia because in the opening minutes of such a war, Russia's port and bases in Syria would be destroyed and then what would Russia be fighting for? Tough talk, tough action and then negotiations that will end the slaughter and allow Russia to withdraw from this expensive, unpopular war with assurances it will be able to keep its port but Assad must go. When the Berlin wall came down, Bush41 was urged to go to Berlin to celebrate since he had played such a large role in ending the Cold War, but he declined, saying that if we want to have good relations with Russia going forward, we should be careful not to do things to humiliate them. The US hasn't seen that kind of statesmanship since 1992. Hopefully, we will see it again as President Trump enters negotiations with Russia over Syria.

The Russian was spouting propaganda. These Tomahawk missiles can be controlled from the ground with course corrections mid flight.

Does anyone really think 36 Tomahawk Missiles just fissiled out in the desert?

EXCELLENT IDEA!

Oh, I understand your point, but last night felt so GOOD. Even knowing that I may well rue the day it ever happened. The Middle East is such a complex knot of string and we have been crying "It's hopeless" for too long; feeling helpless and hopeless is frustrating. I would have preferred we join with the UN in reacting, but of course the Russians stopped that idea in its tracks. So to me, giving someone a good slap felt good. We didn't kill 80+ civilians sleeping in their beds, and we even notified Russian ground troops to bug out ahead of time. I don't know how we could have been anymore chivalric about it and still shown Assad we have claws.

The Russian was spouting propaganda. These Tomahawk missiles can be controlled from the ground with course corrections mid flight.
Probably. A commentator on the news last night wryly promised that we would be seeing Russian claims of killed children this a.m., whether it was true or not.

Obama tried to shit about it and you righties didn't want to shit to do with it. That bullshit wont fly with me kiddo
BTW, in other words, its none of our business. We aint their daddy. They haven't even provided proof of who did it. Word of mouth hasd been wrong before about chemical attacks in syria
Try again :thup:
Ok, so you say the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people and the creation of millions of homeless refugees is not our business, that if you saw people being murdered in the street, you would consider it none of your business.
It happens all over the world, all the time. They haven't provided proof for who did it yet. Frankly, I don't think they even did an investigation. They have been wrong before.
I wasn't speaking from an individual perspective. I was speaking as a country. Its none of AMERICAS business.
The principle is the same whether you are speaking as an individual or a nation. Are we, as a people, willing to allow Assad to go on slaughtering Syrians year after year with impunity? If we are, do we have any moral legs to stand on on any issue anywhere in the world? Even before the chemical attack, the slaughter in Syria demanded action and we should be embarrassed that it took us this long to respond to it.

Forum List

Back