Texas Files Lawsuit at SCOTUS Against GA, PA, MI, and WI

Oh boy, another commie being stupid. Your comrade posted about the powers of a governor in an emergency. I asked a simple question about a SOS illegally entering into a consent decree to alter the legislature directed operation of their election. If you are too stupid to read simple english, well, that's on you.

The problem with that argument is that this is a matter of strict liability. If an agent of the state exceeds his authority in making a contract, it does not invalidate the contract.

Isn't it a bit early to be hitting the boxed wine and bong? If anyone enters into a contract they have no authority to do, it would invalidate the contract. It would be no different than you trying to sell my car.

Ive been reading practically every comment since this thread started. Im going find it interesting when something is announced to see who's right or wrong.
Ive listened to Dershowitz and some others, and Dershowitz doesnt have much confidence that the SC will get involved to a degree to make a difference. He's also said that he doesnt believe Trump will prevail, but then again he's also admitted that he's not sure, as we've never been here before.
Frankly the anticipation is nerve-racking.

There is no state I'm aware of where the state legislators have just
turned over control carte blanche to the governor.
Most states have provisions for situations under which the governor can declare martial law.

Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster. Abstract: When martial law is in effect, the military commander of an area or country has unlimited authority to make and enforce laws.

So the SC would need to vastly narrow is interruption, which would effect all 50 States who have used the broad interruption to make their election laws.
This is exampled by the USSC letting stand the Pennsylvania supreme court adding three days to the deadline for absentee ballots.

That was done by a 4-4 vote, Roberts is an embarrassment.

Haha, look at you... disappointed that a scotus judge wont make a corrupt decision based on partisanship...

Nope, the SOB ignored black letter law, something you commies just love.

Isn't it a bit early to be hitting the boxed wine and bong? If anyone enters into a contract they have no authority to do, it would invalidate the contract. It would be no different than you trying to sell my car.
Actually it would be no different than your wife trying to sell your car. Where the title says "mr and mrs OKtexas"

Did you know the post office dismantled or threw away hundreds of mail sorting machines, each capable of sorting over half a million letters a day?
They cut overtime hours and told carriers if they couldn't finish their route, touch shit to the undelivered mail.
I've heard that urban myth but have never seen it confirmed and don't know how that matters to the
larger subject.
It's not an urban myth, it's what Trump fostered onto the post office.

The new head of the U.S. Postal Service established major operational changes Monday that could slow down mail delivery

Traditionally, postal workers are trained not to leave letters behind and to make multiple delivery trips to ensure timely distribution of letters and parcels.

[the hew rules]

“If the plants run late, they will keep the mail for the next day,” according to a document titled, “New PMG’s [Postmaster General’s] expectations and plan.

The next day is not weeks as you ignorantly claimed.

Ive been reading practically every comment since this thread started. Im going find it interesting when something is announced to see who's right or wrong.
Actually i'd like to see who's man enough to admit they were completely wrong.
Actually I thought about that as well, but didn't want to suggest it.
I was going to suggest a group hug, but I think its too early for that right now.:laughing0301:

Actually it would be no different than your wife trying to sell your car. Where the title says "mr and mrs OKtexas"

Damn, you're not very smart, are ya? Joint ownership conveys authority to both parties. That was not part of your example.

[the hew rules]

“If the plants run late, they will keep the mail for the next day,” according to a document titled, “New PMG’s [Postmaster General’s] expectations and plan.

If the plant gets an amount "X" of mail to sort, But they can't finish todays mail, only able to sort an amount "Y".

That means they have "X-Y" mail left over.

The next day, they again get amount "X" Again they can only sort an amount "Y", but now they have 2(X-Y) mail left over.

After 6 days, they have 6(X-Y) mail. But fortunately you can't mail on Sunday, so they finally get to sort all that leftover mail - A WEEK LATE.

Damn, you're not very smart, are ya? Joint ownership conveys authority to both parties. That was not part of your example.
And being an elected member of the government conveys government authority. That is why there's a law against government employees spending money they weren't authorized to spend. But that doesn't void the sale.

Ferris v. United Statesj 27 Ct. Cl, 542 (1892),

‘A contractor who is one of several persons to be paid out of an appropriation is not chargeable with knowledge of its administration, nor can his legal rights be affected or impaired by its maladministration or by its diversion, whether legal or illegal, to other objects. An appropriation= merely imposes limitations upon the Government’s own agents; it is a definite amount of money intrusted to them for distribution; but its insufficiency does not pay the Government’s debts, nor cancel its obligations, nor defeat the rights of other parties.

[the hew rules]

If the plant gets an amount "X" of mail to sort, But they can't finish todays mail, only able to sort an amount "Y".

That means they have "X-Y" mail left over.

The next day, they again get amount "X" Again they can only sort an amount "Y", but now they have 2(X-Y) mail left over.

After 6 days, they have 6(X-Y) mail. But fortunately you can't mail on Sunday, so they finally get to sort all that leftover mail - A WEEK LATE.

You're making assumptions you can't back up. I buy by mail all the time and it takes an average of 3 days to get a package form either coast, 4-5 days from the day I order meds till they are in my mail box. There has been no slow down.

You're making assumptions you can't back up. I buy by mail all the time and it takes an average of 3 days to get a package form either coast, 4-5 days from the day I order meds till they are in my mail box. There has been no slow down.

The slowdowns were targeted to battleground states. Texas was not effected because slowing down the mail there would have made no difference.

Delays Plague Mail Delivery In Swing States Before Election ...
www.npr.org › 2020/10/31 › delays-still-plague-mail-deli...

Oct 31, 2020 — With Election Day deadlines to receive mail-in ballots for many states around the corner, data show the U.S. Postal Service continues to ...

I buy by mail all the time and it takes an average of 3 days to get a package form either coast, 4-5 days from the day I order meds till they are in my mail box. There has been no slow down.

You're talking packages. The post office got rid of letter sorting machines in order to slow down the mail. And they targeted swing states.

The slowdowns were targeted to battleground states. Texas was not effected because slowing down the mail there would have made no difference.

Delays Plague Mail Delivery In Swing States Before Election ...
www.npr.org › 2020/10/31 › delays-still-plague-mail-deli...

Oct 31, 2020 — With Election Day deadlines to receive mail-in ballots for many states around the corner, data show the U.S. Postal Service continues to ...

Really, I could have sworn you commies claimed TX would turn blue. BTW npr has less credibility than mslsd.

Forum List

Back