Texas Files Lawsuit at SCOTUS Against GA, PA, MI, and WI

When the average volume doesn't support the operation and maintenance of machines, they take them out, those decisions were made long before covid.

Actually they "supersized" that policy, since they suddenly took out 671 machines after DeJoy took office. In previous years machines were relocated instead of thrown out.

And you spoke of "average volume", which may be true, but you have to have enough surplus equipment to handle "peak volume" Duh !

And the post office expected peak volumes for both the november election, and december christmas mail.

So why get rid of those excess machines right before you would need them?

When the average volume doesn't support the operation and maintenance of machines, they take them out, those decisions were made long before covid.

Actually they "supersized" that policy, since they suddenly took out 671 machines after DeJoy took office. In previous years machines were relocated instead of thrown out.

And you spoke of "average volume", which may be true, but you have to have enough surplus equipment to handle "peak volume" Duh !

And the post office expected peak volumes for both the november election, and december christmas mail.

So why get rid of those excess machines right before you would need them?

Holiday mail is considered in the average, dummy.

They'll weasel out, I think.
I dont know, the SCOTUS justices have skin in this one, with the threats to expand the SCOTUS bench, so I think they are wanting to take action, but afraid of accusations of being partisan, etc, especially from within the SCOTUS.

I suspect that that they will toss the election results and declare no one won and send it to the House, or tell the state Houses to pick their own slate of delegates,, and many of these GOP snails will be willing to support Biden, so it isnt the same thing as just giving Trump the election by ruling out millions of mail-in while keeping the Trump in person votes.

I think they will punt to anyone that they think they can get it too and also make them look nonpartisan.

But My SCOTUS tea leaf reading has never been all that good.

Fascinating that this is the big news story hardly anyone (but us) are reading. Some 2/3 GOP senators I read today are now openly supporting this Texas action. Remarkable, since they have nothing to do with it: it's empty support. This leads me to think they are trying to pick up support 1. among Trumps huge number of followers, or 2. cover their bases in case Trump actually wins. Because if it IS thrown into the House, Trump wins, from all I can learn.

That would be fun.

The state of Texas has made a response, from SCOTUS website:

Dec 11 2020Reply of State of Texas submitted.
Main Document

LINK

Devistating to these states, and Biden's chances...
Bull, Texas has as much of a chance of getting the election overturned as this guy

Eric Metaxas Will Emcee National Right-Wing Prayer Rally to Overturn Presidential Election | Right Wing Watch

And that opinion is based on your years as what exactly? Dweller in mom's basement? Re runs of Keith Olberman? Too much listening to Brian Steltzer?

In any case, you nor I know how this will turn out, so, my advice to you is that you kindly stop being an asshole...But my hopes are low.

Main Document

LINK

Bull, Texas has as much of a chance of getting the election overturned as this guy

Eric Metaxas Will Emcee National Right-Wing Prayer Rally to Overturn Presidential Election | Right Wing Watch

And that opinion is based on your years as what exactly? Dweller in mom's basement? Re runs of Keith Olberman? Too much listening to Brian Steltzer?

In any case, you nor I know how this will turn out, so, my advice to you is that you kindly stop being an asshole...But my hopes are low.
Right. Suggesting that I live in my mother's basement, trashing repected journalists and calling me an asshole really bolsters your credibility and attests to your emotional maturity and superior intelect.

Main Document

LINK

Right. Suggesting that I live in my mother's basement, trashing repected journalists and calling me an asshole really bolsters your credibility and attests to your emotional maturity and superior intelect.

None of which I claimed...However, it doesn't take a master intellect to see what you cheating assholes did in this election...As I said I would hope you could rise to a level of discourse that would further the discussion, however, you have proven me right that it is beyond you.

Main Document

LINK

None of which I claimed...However, it doesn't take a master intellect to see what you cheating assholes did in this election...As I said I would hope you could rise to a level of discourse that would further the discussion, however, you have proven me right that it is beyond you.
None of which I claimed.
You lie. It does not take master intelect to see that you people are either liers of mentally ill. My level of discourse is based on facts and logic. Yours is based on debunked conspiracy theories, lies, and fantasy.

Legally troubled Texas A.G. concocts absurd election lawsuit as Trump muses about pardons If you had told me this kind of crazy stuff was going on, I would have never believed you originally. But then again, we are talking about Republicans and their cult base, so yes, it is totally believable. We of course are talking about these insane and totally stupid law suits by Ken Paxton to over turn the election, who of course is under criminal indictment himself. This is the typical nonsensical Rudy Giuliani play book, where you go after the folks who are investigating you, while you yourself are being investigated for criminal activity. Needless to say this is going to backfire on Paxton and the idiot base who believe this craziness. Paxton and the Republican party have descended into full, all out bonkers. Unleashing crackpots and criminals is not a winning strategy. Apparently the majority of the party isn't smart enough to see that. They have become the laughing stock of the country. Thank goodness we still have a majority who care and vote for sanity.
Sanity? Do you believe men with tits are women?
I believe in intelligent debate. You should too.
I noticed that you didnt answer the question. Is that because you are a stupid fuck, or just an ignorant fuck, because you cant say if men with tits are women, because as a slave, you are required to say "yes" men with tits are women, proving how insane you are...

Legally troubled Texas A.G. concocts absurd election lawsuit as Trump muses about pardons If you had told me this kind of crazy stuff was going on, I would have never believed you originally. But then again, we are talking about Republicans and their cult base, so yes, it is totally believable. We of course are talking about these insane and totally stupid law suits by Ken Paxton to over turn the election, who of course is under criminal indictment himself. This is the typical nonsensical Rudy Giuliani play book, where you go after the folks who are investigating you, while you yourself are being investigated for criminal activity. Needless to say this is going to backfire on Paxton and the idiot base who believe this craziness. Paxton and the Republican party have descended into full, all out bonkers. Unleashing crackpots and criminals is not a winning strategy. Apparently the majority of the party isn't smart enough to see that. They have become the laughing stock of the country. Thank goodness we still have a majority who care and vote for sanity.
I noticed that you didnt answer the question. Is that because you are a stupid fuck, or just an ignorant fuck, because you cant say if men with tits are women, because as a slave, you are required to say "yes" men with tits are women, proving how insane you are...
Off topic comments directed towards your homophobic grievances and hate, aren't being entertained for several reasons. The best reason I am guessing, is that you suffer from small dick syndrome, and the subject of your own anatomy keeps you from staying on topic?

Off topic comments directed towards your homophobic grievances and hate, aren't being entertained for several reasons. The best reason I am guessing, is that you suffer from small dick syndrome, and the subject of your own anatomy keeps you from staying on topic?
I am talking about your Sanity. Do you think men with tits are women? Really, just squirreling away from the answer must prove that you DO believe men with tits are women, because your prog masters have told you so. You are suck a prog slave..
See picture below..

Dont mess with Texas, ya freaking commies!

Texas is asking the Supreme Court to order the states to allow their legislatures to appoint their electors. The lawsuit says:
Certain officials in the Defendant States presented the pandemic as the justification for ignoring state laws regarding absentee and mail-in voting. The Defendant States flooded their citizenry with tens of millions of ballot applications and ballots in derogation of statutory controls as to how they are lawfully received, evaluated, and counted. Whether well intentioned or not, these unconstitutional acts had the same uniform effect—they made the 2020 election less secure in the Defendant States. Those changes are inconsistent with relevant state laws and were made by non-legislative entities, without any consent by the state legislatures. The acts of these officials thus directly violated the Constitution.
This case presents a question of law: Did the Defendant States violate the Electors Clause by taking non-legislative actions to change the election rules that would govern the appointment of presidential electors? These non-legislative changes to the Defendant States’ election laws facilitated the casting and counting of ballots in violation of state law, which, in turn, violated the Electors Clause of Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution. By these unlawful acts, the Defendant States have not only tainted the integrity of their own citizens’ vote, but their actions have also debased the votes of citizens in Plaintiff State and other States that remained loyal to the Constitution.
Texas approached the Supreme Court directly because Article III provides that it is the court of first impression on subjects where it has original jurisdiction, such as disputes between two or more states.

Yuh huh.

And just HOW exactly is Texas "injured" by what the fuck some other state is doing? Hm?

The reference Article II Section 1 Clause 2 reads, and we know it well by now:

>> Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. <<

Read it again --- "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct". Not "in such Manner as the AG of Frickin' Texas may direct".

This clown should be disbarred.

So tell the class, where does it say the State SOS can enter into a consent decree and alter what the legislature directed? Dumb fucking commie.

Maybe this post comes in English.

Maybe not. :dunno:

Poor commie, did I use too many big words? LMAO.

Sorry Tovarich, I don't speak 1949. Today we use what we call "verbs".

But hey, if you wish to remain oblique, have fun.

Oh boy, another commie being stupid. Your comrade posted about the powers of a governor in an emergency. I asked a simple question about a SOS illegally entering into a consent decree to alter the legislature directed operation of their election. If you are too stupid to read simple english [sic], well, that's on you.

It's no wonder you can't put a simple subject-verb-object sentence together. You can't even spell the name of the language.

But ................... "commies".

SMGDH

Texas is asking the Supreme Court to order the states to allow their legislatures to appoint their electors. The lawsuit says:
Certain officials in the Defendant States presented the pandemic as the justification for ignoring state laws regarding absentee and mail-in voting. The Defendant States flooded their citizenry with tens of millions of ballot applications and ballots in derogation of statutory controls as to how they are lawfully received, evaluated, and counted. Whether well intentioned or not, these unconstitutional acts had the same uniform effect—they made the 2020 election less secure in the Defendant States. Those changes are inconsistent with relevant state laws and were made by non-legislative entities, without any consent by the state legislatures. The acts of these officials thus directly violated the Constitution.
This case presents a question of law: Did the Defendant States violate the Electors Clause by taking non-legislative actions to change the election rules that would govern the appointment of presidential electors? These non-legislative changes to the Defendant States’ election laws facilitated the casting and counting of ballots in violation of state law, which, in turn, violated the Electors Clause of Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution. By these unlawful acts, the Defendant States have not only tainted the integrity of their own citizens’ vote, but their actions have also debased the votes of citizens in Plaintiff State and other States that remained loyal to the Constitution.
Texas approached the Supreme Court directly because Article III provides that it is the court of first impression on subjects where it has original jurisdiction, such as disputes between two or more states.

Yuh huh.

And just HOW exactly is Texas "injured" by what the fuck some other state is doing? Hm?

The reference Article II Section 1 Clause 2 reads, and we know it well by now:

>> Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector. <<

Read it again --- "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct". Not "in such Manner as the AG of Frickin' Texas may direct".

This clown should be disbarred.

So tell the class, where does it say the State SOS can enter into a consent decree and alter what the legislature directed? Dumb fucking commie.

Maybe this post comes in English.

Maybe not. :dunno:

Poor commie, did I use too many big words? LMAO.

Sorry Tovarich, I don't speak 1949. Today we use what we call "verbs".

But hey, if you wish to remain oblique, have fun.

Oh boy, another commie being stupid. Your comrade posted about the powers of a governor in an emergency. I asked a simple question about a SOS illegally entering into a consent decree to alter the legislature directed operation of their election. If you are too stupid to read simple english, well, that's on you.

That idea will get laughed out of court. There is your answet.

What's an "answet"?

*pats okie's head

I dont know, the SCOTUS justices have skin in this one, with the threats to expand the SCOTUS bench, so I think they are wanting to take action, but afraid of accusations of being partisan, etc, especially from within the SCOTUS.

I suspect that that they will toss the election results and declare no one won and send it to the House, or tell the state Houses to pick their own slate of delegates,, and many of these GOP snails will be willing to support Biden, so it isnt the same thing as just giving Trump the election by ruling out millions of mail-in while keeping the Trump in person votes.

I think they will punt to anyone that they think they can get it too and also make them look nonpartisan.

Fascinating that this is the big news story hardly anyone (but us) are reading. Some 2/3 GOP senators I read today are now openly supporting this Texas action. Remarkable, since they have nothing to do with it: it's empty support. This leads me to think they are trying to pick up support 1. among Trumps huge number of followers, or 2. cover their bases in case Trump actually wins. Because if it IS thrown into the House, Trump wins, from all I can learn.

That would be fun.
LOL! SCOTUS tossed the suit....without hearing.

The Supreme Court on Friday rebuffed a last-ditch attempt by Texas to block electors from four battleground states — all of which backed President-elect Joe Biden — from voting in the Electoral College, delivering a fatal blow to President Trump and his allies in their quest to overturn the results of the presidential election.
The high court refused to take up the lawsuit filed Monday by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton that took aim at the election results in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia and Wisconsin.

"Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot," the court said in an unsigned order.

That would be fun.

Uhhhh nnnot really.
Only once has a POTUS election been thrown into the House, resulting in the infamous "corrupt bargain" that elevated John Quincy Adams to the office. Andrew Jackson, who got passed over by that corrupt bargain, was not amused in light of the fact that he outpolled Adams in both the popular vote and the Electrical College. Nor were his supporters, who would later go on to form the Democratic Party, while Adams' party went extinct.

And the only reason that one went to the House was that nobody including Jackson scored a majority of the Electrical College. This time however, Biden DID do that, by the same score Rump did in 2016, by a greater margin than the two Bush elections (and several others), so the Constitutional process has already run its course, and Texas jumping up and going "WAAAH" about how OTHER states ran their own elections is as irrelevant as it is silly. Texas-sized arrogance too.

How'd it go?

How'd it go?

Reading the latest it would appear Texas got itself a Texas-sized SMACKDOWN.
shoot-foot.gif

:lmao:
iwo-jima-8db35.gif
Wheee_by_BurgerBunny.gif

Forum List

Back